Chapter 11 - Quite Place

Your p.o.v.

"Time to get to work," Hanzo told me as we walked out of the dinning room.
"What are we doing?" I asked him," A special mission? Fighting crime?" Hanzo rolled his eyes at my eagerness.
"No you are going to work on my tattoo," Hanzo explained," besides I wouldn't take you on any kind of dangerous mission, to risky."
"Oh," I said with disappointment,"Where are we going?"
"To a quiet place."

~*Time Skip to 'Quiet Place'*~

So the quiet place is the area to the right of the second point on Hanamura if you are defending, it's to the left if you're attacking. I hope that makes things clearer.

Hanzo led me to a giant balcony outside of Mr. Shimda's office. Giant pillars supported the heavy historical roof and I couldn't help but run my hands along the many scratches. I could tell each dent would tell a story about the Shimda and more were to come, no matter if they were good or bad. The balcony overlooked the city below, it would be terrible if someone were to slipped of the edge. Hanzo walked over to the second level of the balcony and I followed. Two pillows sat near the edge of the balcony and a tea set.
"Tea?" I asked Hanzo.
"Calms the mind," Hanzo explained," I thought it would help you concentrate." I nodded​ in appreciation and sat down on one of the pillows. Hanzo sat down as well and poured tea into two cups. He handed me a cup and I gladly took it. I took a sip of the tea before I put it down and grabbed my sketchbook.
"So what do you want for a tattoo?" I asked Hanzo eagerly. Hanzo took another sip of his tea before he answered me.
"A dragon," Hanzo said with little hesitation ," a dragon, snaking up my left arm to my chest." I nodded in approval and made a quick sketch of what Hanzo described. The sketch was of Hanzo's left arm, I drew a snake like animal traveling up his arm. The snake's head rested on the top of his hand and wrapped around his arm intill the snake reached the top of his shoulder.
"Like this?" I asked Hanzo while showing him the picture," Don't worry this is just a draft of what it will really look like." Hanzo grabbed the sketchbook​ out of my hands and looked at it closely.
"I like it, but I would rather have the tattoo start at my wrist and end at my chest." I took my sketchbook back and fixed the sketch.
"Is this better?" I showed Hanzo the sketch again but this time with the changes he wanted. He nodded approvingly and poured himself more tea.
"Why do you want a tattoo?" I asked Hanzo after he took another sip of his tea.
"Every new leader gets a tattoo to show their leadership and loyalty to the clan," Hanzo explained," Sine I'm the next in line to take leadership of the clan, I need a tattoo."
"What about Genji?" I asked with curiosity.
"If he was the next leader he would get a tattoo, but since I'm older and more obedient then him they choose me to be the next leader."
"But can't he still get a tattoo?"
"No," Hanzo said stubbornly," not unless I give up my position as leader. Then he will have to be the new leader." I wanted to argue more about the fact that it wasn't fair that Genji couldn't get a tattoo. But the way Hanzo talked about getting a tattoo made it seem like a ancient tradition that couldn't be changed.
"Oh ok," I said lamely," I'll get working on your tattoo." My answer seemed to satisfy Hanzo and he got up and pat me on the head.
"I'm going to the practice range, if you need me I will be there." I nodded in understanding and Hanzo left me alone, it is quite quiet here.

Hello everyone! Sorry this chapter is shorter than usual but I just wanted to explain why Hanzo was getting a tattoo in this chapter (I don't think it explains why Hanzo has a tattoo in his lore, so I made that part up). Thanks everyone for reading! I hope you have a nice day/night!