Chapter 7 - Memories

Genji's p.o.v.
I watched as (y/n) and her mother hugged each other warmly. I wish I got to hug my mother like that.
"Hey Hanzo," I said to him, since he was sitting next to me," What was mom like?" Hanzo flinched from my sudden question and a wave of sorrow seemed to splash over him.
"She was amazing," Hanzo said sadly," Do you remember when she used to play 'Dragon Warriors' with us?" I shook my head sadly, I wish I could remember but I was only five when she died.
"She used to pick us up and pretend she was our noble steed," Hanzo chuckled sadly and I gave him a warm smile back," father would always pretend to be the dragon that we fought. We would try to win but in the end neither side would win, we always ended up on the ground, laughing..." A single tear fell from Hanzo's face and his smile turned into a scowl.
"But that's in the past now," Hanzo said with an angry tone," Crying won't change anything!" Hanzo stood up and stormed out the room. I shook my head in annoyance, why are you afraid of showing weakness, brother?

Your p.o.v.
I meet up with my mother at the clan, oh how I missed her.
"(Y/n)!" my mother cried happily," I thought for sure they did something terrible to you!" She hugged me warmly and I hugged her back.
"Don't worry mother," I said sweetly," I would have killed them if they tried anything." She chuckled quietly and hugged me tighter.
"Oh my little (y/n)," Ms. (L/n) said sadly," If I lost you too, I don't know what I would do..."
"Don't worry mother," I assured her," you won't ever lose me, I won't leave you." My mother kissed me lightly on the top of my head and gave me a warm smile.
"I love you (y/n)," she told me.
"I love you too," I said back.

Hanzo's p.o.v.
After mother died it was just me and Genji. Father grew cold and bitter as if mom had taken his happiness with her. Genji and I would often leave the clan just so we could escape from the sorrow of our mother's death. We actually lived on the streets for a couple weeks before we finally came to our senses. Those were the worst days of my life. I don't know if Genji remembers those two weeks, he was so young when everything happened...

~*Flashback*~

"Hurry up Genji!" I whispered, "We don't want the baker to catch us!" I watched as Genji quickened his pace. He shoved loafs of bread and bagels into his pockets as I did the same. *Tick* *tack*, I heard the sound of the baker's footsteps and quickly grabbed Genji. We hid behind a giant bag of flour, please don't find us.
"What's-" I quickly covered Genji's mouth before he could continue.
"Shh," I whispered to Genji," we're playing hide and seek with the baker, if they find us, I want you to run back to our little fort." Genji nodded his head in agreement and hunkered down beside the bag of flour.
"Hey!", the baker yelled,"Someone has been stealing my bread again!" I hunkered down beside Genji and pointed at the open window. Genji nodded again and moved closer to the window, I followed.
"Ah there you are!" The baker yelled. They threw a knife in Genji's direction and I stepped in front of him. The knife stabbed me in my stomach where Genji's head would have been.
"Run!" I yelled painfully," Genji run!" Genji saw my wound and his eyes grew wide with fear. I picked up Genji and dropped him outside the window.
"I said run!" I yelled at him. I pulled the knife out of my stomach and the baker grabbed me from behind. I thrashed and kicked at the baker as they held me.
"One is better than none," the baker said to me with a evil grin.
'Think about angry thoughts,' I thought to myself ,'He almost killed Genji! He tried to kill me!' I felt a rush of energy flow through me, the pain for my wound faded and I felt ten times stronger.
"The dragon awakens!" I yelled. I kicked and thrashed again but this time the baker couldn't hold me. I dropped to all fours and swept kicked him off his feet. The baker fell to the ground and a satisfying gasp for air left his mouth. I ran to the window and jumped outside.

To be continued...