Hidden Past

He entered the treasure room and stared at gold and jewels that lay scattered across the floor. If they had been in any other place, they may have gleamed proudly, tempting would-be thieves. But they were here, in a place so dark that there was no light to make the treasures shimmer.

But Arran wasn't looking for the kind of treasure with glitz and glamour. He was looking for something more... personal. If memories were pieces of a person's soul, and souls were more previous than jewels, one could say he was looking for the most previous gem in the whole room. All the more previous because of who they belonged to. If they were still here.

He reached the end of the room and cursed. Only one swirling orb remained.

But which one?

He inspected it closely, noticing that this orb was much smaller than the one he'd  procured a few months ago. This was the one that had been sitting here for years, before he'd even arrived at Castle Nox.

He remembered his predecessor's words. "Here in this orb is the past of the future of Celestia and Earth alike. If we play our cards right, this future will be ours."

He'd never really known what his mentor had meant by that. And he'd just recently considered that these memories were Ella's, from before she was taken.

All of the answers she'd been searching for all these years was contained in a sphere of glass. A sphere of glass she'd come very close to obtaining. But, still... the future of the past? What had his mentor meant by that?

Was Ella truly that powerful? With her Gift and her Moon Fairy magic? Could she truly decide the fate of both Earth and Celestia?

If so, then how? How, even with all that power, could one person control the destiny of two realms?

He had a feeling the answers he was looking for lay within the orb. Yes, Ella was powerful, more powerful than he'd originally thought. But, there was something else at play here. Something else that would make her the most influential person in existence.

Some secret that lay in her past.

With a gentleness that was most unbecoming of him, Arran placed his fingers on the orb and allowed the memories to reveal themselves to him.

Immediately, time most it's meaning as he was going into the past mind of young, three year old Ella.

He didn't know how long he'd stayed there, or when exactly he'd resurfaced, his mind buzzing with surprise and knowledge. All he did know was that Ella was indeed more important than she realised.

And whoever controlled Ella, controlled both Earth and Celestial, for reasons that had not become obvious to him until now.

And now more than ever, he knew that he needed to recapture her and keep her by his side, if not for love, then for power. But... first, certain things needed to happen before he could snatch her away. Certain events needed to take place, and certain people needed to... meet, or, rather, become... reacquainted with each other.

He laughed at that thought. Reacquainted indeed.

Hi guys, Scarlet here, sorry it's a short one. Kind of just felt like teasing you all. Person who has the closest/best/funniest theory as to who/what Ella really is here a dedication next chapter (which could be written sooner or later, depending on the state of my imagination at the time). Sound fun?
Love you All, thank you for your appreciation of my work and for not just giving up when I don't update.
Scarlet out. 😊