Matches

Callum
So much was said.

She told me how she loved me, but kept her feelings to herself. She told me that was what she tried to say before Arran snatched her away.

It was hard for me to listen to her talk about Arran and that place. Every time she mentioned it, or him for that matter, I saw red. And... I may have shattered a few plates and vases in the process. It took about half an hour full of Ella coaxing me into calmness until I saw straight again. After that, I hugged her tightly, drawing her body closer to mine.

We slept like that, or rather, she slept. I stayed up watching her sleep, knowing that she would wake up in the morning. That was the best knowledge anyone had ever bestowed upon me. 

In spite of that, I did in fact fall asleep. It was early next morning when I woke up. The sun was well and truly up, but that didn't bother me. I put my hands out to reach for Ella, but feel nothing. Alarm bells ring in my ear, I sit up straight, ripping my covers off and throwing pillows here and there in my desperate search. I could feel my heart hammering in my ears as I felt my stomach sinking into the depths of fear. 

Leaping out of bed, I grab the sword I kept under my bed, just in case. I search my room for any kind of clue or sign of a struggle. Where is she? Did the Cursed take her away again? Abruptly, I hear a door open behind me. Turning around with my sword raised, I stare at a figure clothed in pale green. 

She looks away from me, a blush lightly making an appearance on her cheeks. I feel my hands drop the sword. I know that my feet are running towards her, but I don't really register it until my arms are wrapped around her. The tips of my fingers brush against the smooth material of her gown, which is more or less a simple dress with spaghetti straps. It didn't fan out, but instead flowed down the length of her body and ended just above her heels. I lean in close to her and whisper in her ear. 

"I was so worried, Sweetheart. I guess that it was kind of worth it though, you look beautiful," I tell her, my breath brushing against the skin of her neck. I feel her shiver, which makes me smile. 

"Thank you," she whispers shyly, not looking at me. Grinning, I pick her up, resting her legs on either side of my hips. I hear her gasp. 

"Why didn't you dress like this before?" I wonder aloud. Ella blushes again and shrugs. 

"I guess I had no reason too. Now, I do," she answers simply. I tip her chin up, making her green eyes meet mine. Gosh, I could get lost in those. 

"But only for me," I remind her. She smiles and nods. She knows now that I'm extremely possessive of her. After all, she is meant for me and only me. Nobody else, and that's what I think as I place her on my bed. She sighs and pulls the covers up over herself. I lean in next to her and gently stroke her skin. 

"Oh, Celestia, I love you," I say passionately. Ella turns to me, her eyes hold an emotion that I've only seen in her very briefly. She's touched. She feels loved, and she likes it. 

"I love you too, Callum, and if any other girl was fawning over you, I'd almost feel sorry for her. Almost," she replies before placing a sweet kiss on my forehead. I pull her closer, kissing her lips and her neck. 

This is possibly the happiest moment of my life, and I wasn't about to let it stop.