We can't be friends pt.22

Start from the beginning

"Let's go," he stood by the door waiting for me to get up. I quickly grabbed a pair of underwear, some socks, and an outfit out of the bag with out looking to see what I grabbed, and a toothbrush and hurriedly walked up to him. He started walking down the hallway and I watched my surroundings trying to memorize everything, looking for a way out.

"Here's the bathroom. Hurry up. I'll be out here when you're done." I raised an eyebrow at him in shock. "What you thought I was gon let be by yourself? You must think I'm fucking stupid."

I didn't say anything because that's exactly what I thought. I thought he was gonna leave me by myself and then I could find a way out of here. I sighed resgined to my fate and went in the bathroom to do my business. When I came out he was exactly where he said he would be even though I'd hoped he changed his mind.

"You hungry?" He asked. I nodded and followed him down to the kitchen. Most of the men were still here and I had to pass through the living room to get to the kitchen. They all stared. I kept my head down not wanting to attract any unnecessary attention.

He gave me some fried chicken and I biscuit from KFC. I ate that and was then sent back to my room. I must have sat in there for another 2 hours and then there was a knock at the door again. I waited to see who it was. Again it was Toya and she told me to follow her. Back to the living room we went and this time there were more men than the first night in there. They were all seated or standing but all the attention was on me.

I sat bervously in rhe chair she directed me to and then looked expectantly at Harlem who sat across from me.

"Ite this what you 'bout to do. You bout to do a favor for me." He looked at me like me dared me to correct him. "It's this dude that I don't like and he gotta go. You know what I mean?" I nodded. "Well, the thing is, he know all of us in here and won't trust us enough to get close to him so that's where you come in."

I was shocked. Now he planned to use me as  a hit man? I started to protest when he held up his hand. When he did, it raised the side of his shirt and I could see the handle of a gun in his pants. I quited instantly.

"Now before you sat something, let me tell you this. You can do this, or I can start pickin' ya dumb ass friends off one by one. Jordan will go first since I can't stand his retarded ass anyway." My eyes stung as I struggled to hold in my tears. Either I had to kill someone or my friends died.

It was an easy choice to make. "I'll do it." I said surprised when my voice came out steadt instead of shaking.

"That's good. I knew you was gon choose right."

He quickly laid out a game plan for me and I was appalled at some of the things he wanted me to do but I knew I had no choice so I didn't say anything. Just listened as I thought about how my life was about to take a turn for the worst.

"Toya, go get her ready." He said once he'd stopped speaking. I was taken to a room that looked ten times better than mine. I was given a mini black strapless dress and some black pumps with a metal heel. My hair was put up into a high pony-tail and my make up was done heavily. By the time she was done, I was barely recognizable and I think that was the point. I was given a long black pea coat and I tied the belt extra tight. It was cold out and this was all I had to put on.

When I walked down the steps, I was met with shocked faces.

"Damn I ain't even know who she was for a minute." One dude said.

Harlem smiled at me and stood. "It's a shame our relationship ain't work out." I looked at Toya but the comment didn't seem to bother her. Psyche! Cuz if that was my man saying some shit like that to another girl I woulda popped him all in his mouth.

He chuckled when he saw where I was looking. "Don't worry. She know her place. I mess with other girls but she's wifey." This girl had no self-respect.

I shrugged and looked at the door, signaling that I was ready to go. I couldn't even be bothered to speak to them anymore. He nodded and then me and like four other guys were going to the car with Harlem in the front. He showed me his gun again when we were outside.  "Remember what I said."

I shivered slightly at the reminder of when he told me he would shoot me if I tried to run. I nodded and then we were in the car on the way to kill someone.