We can't be friends pt.11 (Pic of Bri's Mom)

Today was not a good one for me. All I did was worry about Omari. I mean don't get me wrong I liked Harlem alot but he just wasn't Omari. You could feel the tension between me and Jasmine. It was like a rubber band stretching too far. One of us was gonna snap pretty soon and I had a feeling it was going to be me.

"Broke bitches so crusty, disgust me....." I sang as I sat at the lunch table with them rest of them. Jasmine immediately looked at me and glared. I had been listening to music the whole time and just chose the part to say out loud.

I smirked and continued. "I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick then Imma have to terminate her.....These little nappy headed hoes need a perminator.......Shitted on 'em!" Harlem balled a fist up and put it to his mouth to hold in a laugh. It was clear who I was talking to. Omari narrowed his eyes at me as if to ask me what I was playing at.

"You nappy headed son of a bitches...Imma start throwing 'just for me' perm at yo' head!..." Jordan did the dude's voice that be in the back talking the whole time. That was it. Harlem fell out laughing with jordan. Juwan was once again absorbed in his phone. I smirked a little as I watched her reaction. She calmly placed the fork down on her tray and stood up.

"Babe you coming?" She asked lightly. Omari stood along side her and grabbed her hand. He glanced at me before leaving and shook his head as if disappointed with me. I watched them go, emotionless. I felt about two feet tall seeing as she didn't even respond. I felt so immature. I still didn't like the bitch but.....

"Ahh ya mouth is way too hot for me! Pshh I think you set me on fire!" I rolled my eyes at Jordans antics as he frantically fanned himself with his hand and patted at his forehead with a napkin.

"Nah though. Chill with that." Harlem said calming down slightly. "You need to stop going in on people like that. It's not a good look,babe. Why don't you like her? As far as I know you don't even know her." He looked at me waiting for my answer. How could I answer this. The main reason I had was because she answered Omari's phone. And then tried to talk slick like I wasn't gonna gun her ass. My face heated up thinking about it.

"Well...I m-met her somewhere before. I just..I remember her face because she bumped into and knocked all my stuff down on the ground. She didn't even help me pick it up, you know?" I lied through me teeth. Me telling him it was all over Omari was definitely not a good look. Not good at all.

****

"Hey, mom." I said as I walked through the door. She seemed to be in an a good mood today as she hummed around the kitchen grabbing things and throwing them on a counter. I walked in and sat at the island table.

"What are you making?" I asked sitting my book bag on the floor and watching her work.

"Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread." She answered and picked right up where she left off humming. Okaaay..... "You should call Mari and tell him to come round here. I haven't seen him all week." Great. She was never worried about Omari when he wasn't here and now the one time where we don't seem to be getting along as well she wants him to come over. What the hell?

I sucked my teeth and looked at the table. "Problem?" My mom asked. I shook my head and went upstairs to my room. I picked up my phone and looked at it for a minute. Now I have to call him. I couldn't get my fingers to move. I just sat there with my fingers hovering over the keys. How would he react? Would he hang up on me? Decline coming over for dinner?

My fingers finally started dialing his number. I looked at it, faintly hearing it ring, once...twice...Before I finally put the phone up to my ear. It rang five times and I was about to hang up when it stopped ringing. "..."

No one said anything. "H-hello?" I stuttered.

Silence."...." And then. "Yeah?"

"Omari! What are you doing?" I asked trying to sound enthusiastic though I was anything but. His reply was gruff.