Chapter Nine

Clary's POV

I smiled as I looked up at my handsome best friend as I helped him put on the gray suit jacket.

"You will be an amazing husband and father when the time is right." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you for being my Best Woman, it means more to me than you know."

"Alright, let's get you down that aisle." He took a deep breath and followed me outside and out to the beach.

Everyone was already sitting down and waiting for the wedding to start. "You have the rings, right?" I nodded.

"I'm wearing them so that I don't lose them." He chuckled lightly and we casually walked down the aisle and took our spots on the left.

The three groomsmen joined me and I hated having to stand next to Jace. Then, the music came on and the flower girl threw out red rose petals before the bridesmaids came out.

They took their place across from us and everyone stood up as Izzy and Robert appeared and slowly began walking down the aisle.

Simon was trying his hardest not to cry his eyes out, but he was crying and so was Izzy.

Robert kissed her cheek and placed Izzy's hand in Simon's before sitting down next to Maryse and Max.

The ceremony started and I couldn't help but look towards my dad holding my little girl in his arms as she slept peacefully with my brother right beside them.

When the ceremony was over, we all started walking to the reception venue just a few buildings down.

Two hours later, I sat on the beach with my little girl, feeding her a bottle.

"Hey." Jace sat down on the lounge chair beside mine, but I ignored him, paying attention to my daughter. "Okay, I get it, you hate me for getting you pregnant, but are you going to hate me forever?" I scoffed.

"Jace, I do not hate you for getting me pregnant, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't like you because you didn't step up to be a father for my daughter. I only hate a few people and you are not one of them. But, you have no right to her anymore. We agreed."

"I'm still not ready to be a father and I apologize for that. But, why don't you hate me?" I shook my head at him.

"I've been through a lot worse shit than having to be civil with you, so I don't give a fuck anymore about whether or not you're ready to be a father, because you'll never be one to my daughter." I stood and walked back inside, sitting down at the table with Jon and dad on either side of me.

"You okay?" I nodded.

"I'm a little nauseous, but I'm sure it's nothing." He nodded and took away my beer, making me laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolted out of bed and ran for the bathroom, puking up my dinner from last night.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Dad walked in and held my hair back.

When I finished puking, I sobbed at the first thought that popped into my head.

"I think I'm pregnant again, daddy. I-I can't have his baby. I can't. Daddy-" I cried and he pulled me into his lap, rocking me and shushing me while he rubbed my back.

"I understand. I understand, baby. Do you want to go home?" I nodded. "You want an abortion?" I nodded. "Okay. I'm going to tell Simon that we're leaving soon. Do you want me to tell him about-" I quickly shook my head.

"No. I didn't even tell him about Sebastian raping me again two months ago. I wanted him to enjoy planning the wedding, he should get to enjoy his honeymoon, too."

"Okay, baby. I'll just tell him that you caught a bug." He kissed my head and set me back down on the floor, leaving me to puke some more.

I stayed like that for a while, puking and crying my eyes out. When I finally got up, I brushed my teeth and sat down on my bed.

Jon walked in and grabbed my suitcase, packing everything up while I just sat there, crying silently.

He'd glance at me every few minutes, but didn't stop packing up.

Finally, I stood up and picked up my sleeping daughter from her playpen, changing her into some warm clothes and buckling her into her carseat carrier.

She didn't wake, stir, nothing. Which I was thankful for.

When dad came back, he picked me out some clothes and I put them on. Just a white t-shirt, sweatpants and converse.

"Our plane leaves in two hours, we need to get going." I nodded and pulled my suitcase behind me as we left the room. Dad had Lily and his suitcase, while Jon had his own suitcase and the playpen.

"You alright, baby girl?" I shook my head and we got in the elevator, taking the long ride down. "I'm sorry, sweetheart." I nodded as the doors opened and Jace was standing there, eating a waffle.

"Where are you going? We have another day left." I ignored him and stepped out of the elevator, the four of us catching the shuttle to the airport.

Valentine's POV

Clary slept most of the way home and when we finally got back to her house, it was daylight again. I told her to go take a hot bath and relax for a while.

Jonathan went home, but I stayed and took care of my granddaughter and my daughter.

I made an appointment for tonight to get my little girl an abortion, but I hadn't told her yet since she was taking a nap.

"Daddy?" She walked downstairs and I grabbed her jacket.

"We have an appointment in an hour, Jon should be here soon to watch Lily." She nodded and I helped her into the jacket, then her shoes.

She stayed in her black sweatpants, one of Jon's plaid button up shirts and brown shoes.

When Jon showed up, he kissed his sister's forehead and we left the house. We got to the hospital just in time for Clary's appointment.

"Do you want me to go?" I asked after she changed into the hospital gown and laid down on the table.

"No. I need you here." I nodded and kissed her head as she cried.

"Okay, Clary, I'm going to start now." She nodded to the doctor and closed her eyes, not wanting to see anything.

My poor little girl.....