Chapter Eight

Clary's POV

Three months later and I'm standing in my hotel room in Hawaii, putting my little girl to sleep in her playpen.

Tonight, all of us girls are going out to get drunk in a nightclub for Izzy's bachelorette party. The guys are going out tonight, too.

"Baby girl, we're going down to the beach. You want to come?" I nodded to my dad as he walked in, setting his suitcase in the closet.

I grabbed my bikini and walked to the bathroom to change into it. Once I was done, I slipped on a black lace cover-up over my all black bikini.

Then, I changed Lily's diaper into a waterproof one and put her in a cute little yellow swimsuit with a white cover-up.

Dad grabbed the diaper bag and we headed downstairs, meeting Alec, Izzy, Simon and Magnus down at the beach

"Clare, come swim with me!" Simon yelled from the ocean and I looked to my dad.

"Give me my granddaughter and go have fun." I smiled and handed him my sleeping baby girl before taking off towards the ocean. Simon splashed at me once I was waist deep in the water.

"You're getting married, Si." I said, floating on my back with Simon's hands on my back, keeping me above water.

"I know. I always thought you'd go first with the whole marriage thing." I laughed.

"Yeah, well, let's just say I skipped that step and moved onto having babies." We laughed and I stood up straight.

"And, you don't regret a damn thing." I shook my head.

"No, I do not. That little girl is the highlight of my life and I don't care anymore about how she was conceived. She's my world." Simon smiled and kissed my head.

"Hopefully I'll have one of my own someday."

"We'll have playdates with our kids, no matter how old they are. They'll be best friends, just like we are."

"I'm marrying the woman of my dreams, Clare. When did we grow up and become adults?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'd say I became an adult when I got to Harvard at fifteen years old."

"You always were an overachiever." I smiled up at my best friend and Izzy came up to us.

"You two enjoy, I think I'll go take Lily to the pool, see what she thinks about it."

"Bye, Clare." I smiled at my best friends and left the water, making my way back to my dad and Jon.

Jace's POV

My sister is getting married. Three months after the engagement, no less.

Now, I'm heading down to the beach with my parents and my little brother, Max. Though, he's not as little as he used to be. He's seventeen now.

We got down to the beach and I noticed two familiar faces from three months ago. From Clary's.

I sat down beside Alec and took off my shirt, revealing my very well sculpted abs.

Suddenly, as I looked up, I could see Clary walking out of the ocean like a woman from fucking Baywatch. I set my shirt in my lap, knowing that I had to hide the tent in my black swim trunks.

God, she's sexy.

She glanced at me, but didn't speak, just moved to her dad, that I didn't notice was holding a baby girl.

My baby girl?

"Alright, daddy, I am taking her to the pool. If you want to join me at some point, you should probably bring me a drink." She took the baby from her dad and stood up, grabbing a bag and walking back to the hotel.

After my thing had gone down, I stood up. "Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"I forgot something in the room, I'll be back soon." She nodded and I walked up the beach and to the little tiki bar about twenty feet from the pool.

I got two Pina Coladas and walked over to the pool where Clary was sitting on the stairs inside the pool, where she could sit there and play with the baby.

She looked up as I sat in the shallow end with my feet in the water. "What do you want, Jace? You knew the deal and you never contacted me, so you're outta luck."

"That's not why I'm here." I extended the drink to her and she took it, taking a sip of it before setting it on the side of the pool and turning to the baby.

"So, you eavesdrop now?" I chuckled. "Well, you might want to remember that I prefer whiskey, scotch or beer."

"What are you doing here? I mean, this was supposed to be a close family and friends type of thing. How'd you score an invite? Trying to get close to me?" She scoffed and looked up at me.

"Contrary to your belief, not everything is about you. Simon is my best friend and has been since I was like four. I'm his Best Woman. So, if you have a problem with that, well, you can just kiss my ass." She stood up and held the baby in one arm as she picked up the drink, pouring it over my head. "Have a nice day, Herondale."

She grabbed her bag and walked back inside the hotel.

Fuck.

Clary's POV

"Alright, daddy, you know when to put her to bed, when to feed her, I will be back hopefully before the sun comes up."

"You better be, the wedding is tomorrow." I nodded and kissed my baby girl's head.

"I know. Keep an eye on my little girl, daddy." He smiled and kissed my head.

"And you keep an eye on my baby girl." He said to Alec and I laughed.

"Can do, Mr. Morgentern."

"Alright, go have fun. Love you, baby."

"Love you, too, daddy." I left the room with Alec and we headed downstairs to meet up with the rest of the group.

It was me, Izzy, Simon, Alec, Magnus, Jace and some others that I don't know. Probably a group of about twelve.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road." I smiled at Simon and let him take mine and Izzy's hands in each of his as we left the hotel.

We had all decided to mix the bachelor and bachelorette parties since we chose the same nightclub.

"My Simon is getting married." I spoke once we were in a cab. "I still can't believe it."

"Me neither, Clare. I'm marrying the perfect girl for me."

We pulled up at the club and payed the cabbie before heading into the club and everyone joined us just minutes later.

"Okay, I need a drink." I laughed and headed for the bar. "One glass of your finest scotch, please." The bartender nodded and smiled at me.

"Need about twenty shots, if you will." Jace appeared beside me and I moved farther away from him. "So, I'm sorry about accusing you of only being here to get close to me. I didn't know you were friends with rat-face."

"Whatever. But, just so you know, I want nothing to do with you. We may cross paths every once and a while, but other than that, you're just a sperm donor." I paid for my drink and retreated back to Simon's side.

Fuck Jace and his cocky ass self.....