Chapter Five

Clary's POV

I woke with a headache around six in the morning, seeing Reid laying beside me, but on top of the covers to give me space.

I know that he cheated, but I miss him so much. I want him back, once I learn to trust him again.

"Clare?" He sat up and I looked up at him. "What are you doing awake? Go back to sleep, baby." I shook my head.

"My head hurts." He nodded and stood, walking to the bathroom. He came back a minute or so later with a few ibuprofen and I grabbed the water from my bedside table, downing the pills.

"Better?" I shrugged, knowing it'd take a little while to kick in. I laid back down and pulled the covers up to my neck. "So, I'll go sleep on the couch. Go back to sleep."

"Stay. Please." He smiled and nodded, getting into bed with me. On top of the covers. "You can sleep underneath the blanket, you know." He stood and got under the covers with me.

"I've missed you so much, baby." He whispered as I cuddled up close to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Me too." I said and started to fall back asleep.

"I love you." He whispered and kissed my head, but I didn't do the same, just fell asleep.

Jace's POV

*Six Months Later*

"Jace, let's go. I need to stop by a friend's house before I drop you back off at home." Carpooling with your little sister is just never a good idea when you go to dinner.

"Fine." I stood from the table after slipping the waitress my number. She smiled and I winked at her before leaving with Izzy, getting into her car with the extra bags of food for this friend of hers. "That's a lot of food for one woman." I joked as we drove off.

"Shut up. She's pregnant and on bed rest, so I got her extra to heat up later." I nodded and stared down at my lap.

Every time I see or think about someone being pregnant, I can't help but think about Clary. I know that I should be a good father and step up, but I just don't think I'm ready. And, she gave me an out, so I'm going to take it. Though I'll definitely be more cautious when having sex drunk. Can't be making any more babies.

We pulled up in the driveway of a pretty nice looking house and I got out, walking inside with Izzy. "Hey! Where you at?!" Izzy screeched and I chuckled at the groan coming from upstairs.

"Upstairs!" The girl replied and it sounded slightly familiar, but annoyed. I curiously followed Izzy up the stairs and into the first bedroom on the left.

The lights were off, the tv on. "It's only eight o'clock, Clary. Are you seriously asleep right now?" Izzy laughed and turned on the lights. Clary. Damn.

"Fuck off, Isabelle. I'm on bed rest, what the fuck else am I gonna do?" She sat up against the headboard and looked to me.

"Clary, this is my brother, Jace. Jace, this is Clary, mine and Simon's friend." I was going to tell Iz that we already met, but Clary cut me off before I could even say anything.

"It's nice to meet you, Jace." Her eyes held anger, but Iz was too oblivious to notice.

"You too." Izzy got a call and went downstairs to answer it. "Why didn't you tell her? You could've told on me, what I did to you, but you didn't. Why?" I asked and she sighed.

"Izzy may not say it, but she looks up to you, I won't be the one to ruin your relationship by telling her that you got me pregnant and didn't step up to the plate."

"Thank you. You have every right to be mad, but I'm not ready to be a father yet." She opened the bag and took out the fries, eating a few of them.

"I've got my dad, my brother and my boyfriend to help me with the baby. I don't need you. But, after this baby is born, you don't get to come crawling back, wanting a relationship with it." I nodded.

"I understand." She nodded and turned to the tv.

"Okay, so Simon can't come for his shift." Izzy walked back in. "He's stuck at work and I have to go get things set up for tomorrow's brunch." Clary nodded.

"I'll be fine on my own for a night, Iz." Izzy shook her head at Clary.

"No. No, see, that's not allowed. So, Jace....." Iz trailed off and I looked to Clary, then back to my sister. "Please, for me. Do this for me. I'll get you out of the next family dinner if you do this." She bargained.

"Fine. Go. I'll look after her." Iz smiled and said goodbye to Clary before leaving the house. "So, what now?" I asked.

"Now, you go refill my glass of water. Please." I smiled and took the glass from her table and filled it up downstairs.

Clary's POV

Once Jace left the room, my phone started ringing and I smiled, seeing that it was Reid. "Enjoying your business trip?" I asked, but didn't get an answer, just the sound of a woman giggling.

"I love you, Steph." He spoke to her and I threw my phone at the wall as hard as I could and it hit the wall in the hallway.

Jace poked his head in and looked down at the phone, then me. "Aiming for me?" Tears streamed down my cheeks and I wiped them away. "No?" I shook my head and the phone started ringing. "You have a call. Someone named Reid." He picked up my cracked phone and walked it to me, so I just threw it back at the wall and the ringing stopped.

"Get out." I cried and he set the glass of water down on my bedside table before sitting in bed with me.

"No. What's wrong? Who's Reid? Boyfriend?"

"Not now. I'm so fucking stupid. I never should've forgiven him."

"What'd he do?"

"I slept with you that night because I had just walked in on Reid screwing some girl in our apartment. But, I forgave him three months later and we got back together. He was gonna raise the baby with me, but now I just want to pack his things and them the fuck out of my damn house."

"Clary, you're not stupid for forgiving him, you loved him. He's the dumbass for cheating on you twice, because there's nothing better than you. You're beautiful, you care about people. Just don't let him get to you." I nodded. "Do you want me to pack up all of his things?" I nodded again.

"Thank you." He smiled and stood, getting trash bags and shoving Reid's things into them.

Maybe I'll rethink not letting him have contact with her in the future......