Fight

"Y/N!!!" Papyrus shouted, jolting forward, stumbling into Nate, knocking him over.

They crawled toward the edge of the cliff as Sans forced a bright, burning, red light beam from the mouth of his blaster. I felt something hot underneath me, forcing me upward and over the cliff, into a tree. I fell through the branches, knocking into every single one of them before finally landing harshly on my stomach against an uprooted tree root.

I heard footsteps racing fast toward me and a hand gently touch my shoulder guard, which was chipped and cracked just like the rest of my armor. Blood stained the metal, my clothes, and my skin where the arrows had been previously lodged.

"Y-Y/N... ARE YOU ALIVE?" Papyrus whispered gently, his voice cracking.

All I could say came out in a quiet whisper. "Y-Yes... W-water... Fall..." I heard his sigh of relief.

Another gunshot rang out as the majority of the humans and monsters kept the war going. Sans darted behind a tree and didn't come out the other side. He used a shortcut, and I soon spotted him entering our house with my weak vision. Papyrus let a growl escape his throat and picked me up in his arms. The humans around the cliff readied their weapons, but he raced off into the forest, away from Snowdin.

In the Caverns, Papyrus laid me down on the cold, stone floor by the waterfall. "WHICH WOUND IS WORSE?"

"A-Arm..." I managed to say. It was hard to breathe and stay awake for him.

He undid his scarf from his neck and tightened it around my arm. It felt a little better and I lied back on the floor, listening and concentrating on the sound of the waterfall.

Papyrus sighed. "I DON'T KNOW WHY IT WAS SO HARD TO KILL YOU. I'VE KILLED OTHERS... I COULDN'T EVEN TURN YOU IN..."

"D-Don't b-blame... y-yourself..." I whispered. I felt like I was on fire, but the pain didn't hurt anymore. "You t-tried as hard as h-hell..."

"EVENTUALLY I HAD ADMIT I HAD FALLEN FOR YOU-"

"I f-fell for you first... I fell d-down here..."

He sat me up and gently pulled me toward him. "SHUSH," he whispered, leaning down and kissing me passionately. His sharp teeth scored against my lips and his grip on my body was comforting.

"Y/N... I LOVE YOU..." he whispered. "AND I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU UP..."

For a second, I felt all of our troubles and the war to be over. Then her voice broke the glass.

"Okay, what the actual hell?!"

Papyrus and I instantly parted and stared at the knight.

"U-UNDYNE..."

"Papyrus. What did I tell you? You were to hand her over once she recovered determination." She looked at me, then back to Pap, smiling. "You seem to have plenty of determination. Determined to get all of her, hmm?"

I blushed a bit and instantly wanted to punch her. Papyrus whispered just quiet enough for me to hear,"DAMN IT..."

"I'M SURE YOU NOTICED THE DAMN WAR OUT IN THE FOREST?" he blurted out, pointing toward a random cave wall.

"That's why I came from King Asgore's castle. What do I find? One of my best warriors making out with a human. Keeping her all to himself," Undyne said, drawing her spear. "Y/N, you're coming with me. Papyrus, go back to the forest and fight. I'll send more warriors to help."

"NO! SHE'S COMING BACK WITH ME. I'M TAKING HER TO GET HER WOUNDS TREATED BEFORE THEY GET WORSE!"

"Boss... It'll be okay..." I start, gently placing my hand on his arm.

"SHUT UP, Y/N!" Papyrus shouted, drawing his sword. "I'M NOT GOING TO LET THEM TAKE YOU."

"Enough! Papyrus, you are stripped of your Royal Guard duties for refusing to turn in a human!" Undyne declared.

"FIGHT ME."

They lunged at each other, fighting viscously for dominance. An idea struck my head.

"W-Wait! B-Boss!" I called, straining to be heard.

"I'M KIND OF BUSY RIGHT NOW!" He shouted, grunting as he threw Undyne off and twisted her spear. "WHAT IS IT?"

"S-She can't take me... You made me a Royal Guard..." I said. "I've been fighting the humans too."

Undyne scoffed. "You named her a Royal Guard without permission from me? Or Asgore, even? I bet she hasn't the slightest clue how to fight!"

"I'VE BEEN TRAINING HER AS MY APPRENTICE."

Undyne laughed. "Hah! She's weak! A few arrows and she's-"

"F-Fight me," I challenged. "Fight me and see what happens."

She snagged Papyrus' sword and threw it at the ground toward my feet. "Let's go."

I picked up the sword with both arms, wincing at the pulsing pain in my arm. I positioned my weakened legs in a stable starting stance. We both stared at each other and I could see Papyrus wanting to interpose. Undyne was quick to push him to the floor and swung her spear at me. I turned my blade to react and the impact was harsh.

Papyrus' scarf fell off of my arm and landed on the stone floor. My skin was dark red beneath the shoulder guard, but I didn't feel pain nor worry.

I directed my sword downward, dislodging Undyne's spear. Then, I swerved to my left, raising my sword and met her weapon mid-swing. Our weapons clashed against each other, judging each other's next move. Papyrus kept his distance. I looked over to him and smiled before re-concentrating on Undyne.

"You're not too bad!" Undyne complimented. "But you still need some work!"

She quickly jabbed her spear toward me and it hooked onto the sword handle. A creepy smile gleamed from her pointed teeth as she strongly yanked the sword from my hands, directing it towards Papyrus. As it disconnected, the sword caught Papyrus' shirt beneath his armor and pinned him to the stone wall.

Before I could even look to where the sword ended up, Undyne's spear is at my neck.

"Nice try, human. You'll either come with me to the Core, or you're killed on the spot. Take your pick."