Motivation

I woke to the force of something pushing against me over and over.

"Hey. Hey, Y/N, you okay?" I heard Sans' deep voice by my head. "Wake up, kiddo."

I sat up and looked around. I was in Sans' room, in his bed, with him next to me. I wasn't wearing any armor, but chained handcuffs around my wrists, along with new clothing. A pink, spiked collar was around my neck. 'Huh. When did I get this? It's cute!'

"Sans? What's going on?" I asked.

"Stay quiet, Y/N. Undyne is here," he replied.

"What? Why?"

"She heard that there was some sort of human here from one of the monsters. She made you fall asleep and gave you these," he gestured toward the chain-cuffs, "and she'll be taking you to the Core soon..."

He trailed off and I shivered in his bed. 'T-The Core? Does that mean I'm going to die? Was that invasion just a DREAM?!'

'Was Papyrus' kiss just a... a dream...?'

"Sans, you lazy ass, get that human down here!"

He sighed and grabbed a chain from my wrists and dragged me out of the bed. He attached a leash to my collar and led me out of his room and down the stairs. He pulled me outside and Undyne and Papyrus were standing by the foot of the small stairs.

"So, you're Y/N, huh? Papyrus, why didn't you hand her in?" Undyne shouted at him.

Papyrus remained silent. Undyne was about to snatch my leash away when I saw movement in the ground in front of us. She tightly grasped my collar instead.

"W-Wait! D-Don't hurt her!"

I gasped at the small, golden flower. 'Flowey?!'

"What the hell are you? You look so pathetic and horrid," Undyne scoffed, magically pulling a spear from the air.

I struggled against Sans' grip on my chain-cuffs and Undyne's grip on my collar. "Undyne! Please don't hurt him! He's one of my only friends and-"

"Die!" Undyne shouted, stabbing Flowey over and over with her spear.

"NO! ST-STOP IT! LET GO OF ME! STOP HURTING HIM!" I shouted, desperately trying to free myself from the two forces holding me back.

"Shut up! He's worthless! He's suffering anyway! I am doing him a favor!" Undyne yelled, grinding her spear against Flowey's wilting body.

"Please.... Please stop..." I whispered.

Undyne dropped her spear, which dissolved. Sans let go of my chains and Undyne grasped my leash.

I darted toward Flowey, holding onto him.

"F-Flowey, please, hang on!" I hoped.

"Y.... Y/N.... I can't... I can't stay alive..." He whispered.

"No! I'll find help! Just please hold on! I promise, I'll protect you!" I felt tears down my cheek as I held on to my hopes.

"Stop it, Y/N... It's over... Take care of yourself. Don't let yourself be... Be used for... The... Barrier..."

I watched in horror as Flowey's body broke apart into dust, and blown onto me.

All was quiet but the short breaths of my grief. "N-No..."

"Now, Papyrus, if you don't hand her in, I'll strip you of your Royal Guard status. I'll be back in one week. If she's not in my hands then, you're dust," Undyne stated.

"WHY NOT JUST TAKE HER NOW?" Papyrus asked, staring at the ground.

"... Because she needs to be in a stable state before we can use her. Alphys and Gaster worked on this topic for years. We'll need all of the "determination" that we can get out of her soul," Undyne replied, stalking away. "Keep her stable and determined. It's the most you can do besides fail a simple task."

With Undyne gone, Papyrus and Sans breathed hard. "Heh, I thought she was going to kill us all for a second there. Y/N, are you-"

"I'll kill her."

"WHAT?"
"What?!"

"I'll kill anyone who tries to use my determination to free a bunch of heartless creatures," I said, standing up. "Are you two with me?"

"Hey, aren't we heartless creatures?" Sans said, crossing his arms.

"You two are different," I replied, turning around to face them. "You took me in as an apprentice, as family. Flowey used to be all I had when I first came here. You two care about me."

"Heh, not to mention the little session between the two of you yesterday," Sans chuckled. He gestured toward me and Papyrus.

'So it was real... I wonder if I can kiss him again...'

"SHUT UP, SANS. I- I... DAMN..." Papyrus tried to talk. "I LIKE HER, OKAY? WHY WOULD I GIVE HER A BOX WITH A COLLAR IN IT AND KISS HER IF I DIDN'T?"

'I must have passed out after putting the collar on. It was a rough training day and he had to kiss me like that...'

The three of us were silent for a while.

"Boss?"

"YES, HUMAN- UMM... Y/N?"

"What are you going to do?"

He hesitated before answering. "I- I DON'T KNOW. I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO TURN YOU IN. IF I DON'T, UNDYNE WASN'T KIDDING ABOUT KILLING US."

I raced toward him and hugged him. Expecting a harsh reaction, I was surprised to feel his clawed hands wrap around me comfortingly. "We'll think of something. I promise, it'll be okay."

I pulled away and realized that monsters watched the whole thing.

"Screw you guys! C'mon, Boss, Sans. Let's get inside." I said.

~~~(Time Skip: Later That Night)~~~

"Y/N, Boss is calling for you. He's in the kitchen," Sans said, taking away my phone and shoving it back into my backpack.

I sighed and walked out of Sans' room and down the stairs. Papyrus called my name again.

I ran into the kitchen and he was cooking something on the stove.

"Y/N, WHEN I CALL YOUR NAME, YOU COME. NOW, GO UP INTO MY ROOM AND WAIT THERE. GO."

I stared for a moment more and then walked out. I made my way to his room and waited on the floor.

Eventually, he walked in and closed the door. He went straight to his closet, not inside, (no jokes tonight), and took out bits of armor that looked strangely familiar.

"PUT THESE ON."

And I do. They're exactly like from my dream.

"NYEH HEH HEH... IT'S A GOOD FIT, ISN'T IT? THIS IS THE ARMOR THAT YOU WILL BE TRAINING WITH FROM NOW ON," he stated, walking around me and adjusting parts of it.

"I can't wait to see the look on Undyne's face when I beat her 'till she's dust!"