Cold Winds

The cold air lingered as I walked behind Papyrus, a freezing wind slicing my face.

"COME ON, Y/N, WE ARE ALMOST HOME," Papyrus said, gesturing with his hand forward.

Some sort of wind was blowing through the Underground from the Ruins as well as the Caverns. Something was wrong. When we left the clearing after our little "session", the air was clouded with white snow, blowing here and there with a fast pace. Papyrus insisted that we go home rather than investigating it.

"It's so cold... How far are we?" I asked, not hearing him clearly through the wind's howling.

There wasn't a reply. I guessed he didn't hear me. I pulled the scarf closer to my face and sped up to walk beside Papyrus, holding his hand gently.

On our way out of the clearing, I opened the box and on the inside was a beautiful pink and red fleece scarf. Beside it was a pink collar, a spiked one similar to Sans'. Papyrus blushed as I opened it and I instantly put on the collar, which was a good fit.

Eventually, I saw our house and we went inside, safe from the winds.

"Hey, Boss. I see that the pet likes it's collar. You should give it a treat," Sans said, violently throwing sprinkles at a rock on the table.

Papyrus looked at me and I looked at him. His skull showed no real expression and he turned back to Sans. "SHUT UP, SANS. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH THE HUMAN BESIDES STAYING QUIET ABOUT HER."

I went to grab my backpack by the couch for a piece of candy that I had. Papyrus' words stopped me.

"Y/N, TAKE OFF THAT ARMOR AND GO INTO MY ROOM. WAIT FOR ME IN THERE," Papyrus said, grabbing the back of my armor again.

I nodded, although I was scared of why he wanted me in his room. I only go in there to get my armor to put on and take off. My armor stays in Papyrus' room whenever I'm not wearing it. Other than that, I'm never allowed in the skeleton's room. I grabbed my backpack and walked up the stairs.

I took off my armor and fluffed my sweatshirt out. I took off the scarf and tucked it into the chest-plate of the armor. I sat in his computer chair and waited, adjusting the collar around my neck.

Soon, he walked into his room and closed the door behind him. We stared at each other for a while until he finally spoke.

"I HAVE BEEN TOO NICE THESE PAST DAYS. THINGS ARE GOING TO GO BACK TO LIKE WHEN YOU FIRST CAME HERE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Why can't we just stay like this? This seems fine to me."

"UNDYNE AND ASGORE NEARLY KILLED ME WHEN THEY REALIZED I WAS BECOMING SOFT. I CANNOT PROTECT AND TRAIN YOU IF I AM DUST."

I looked away and nodded. "Okay. But please don't hurt me..."

"I WON'T UNLESS IT'S TRAINING," He replied. 'I can hear regret in his voice' I thought.

We remained silent for a few minutes again. Then Papyrus suddenly stood up and walked toward his closet. He stepped inside and I had to bite my tongue to prevent me from saying a joke. 'Looks like there's a skeleton inside your closet.' I joked to myself.

Papyrus stepped out, holding a heap of metal. He threw it all on the floor. "PICK THOSE UP AND WEAR THEM."

I walked over to the pieces and saw that they were bits of armor. Smiling, I put each part on. My collar-spikes scratched against the metal and I cringed. Papyrus didn't seem to react and I was afraid he has gone evil again.

Unlike the rusted, gray armor before, this armor had a blue-ish color to it and was definitely less bulky. It fit nicely around my arms, my legs and my chest. Papyrus blushed slightly. 'Does he find me sexy in armor?' I thought.

Suddenly, an explosion sounded out from outside, by the Ruins, I guessed by the vibrations. Papyrus and I raced out of his room and as he took the stairs 4 at a time, I leapt off the rail and landed perfectly on the floor.

"SANS! WHAT WAS-"

A second explosion sounded out, from the Caverns. The three of us ran out of the house, alarmed.

"WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Papyrus yelled through the winds.

I looked toward the forest where the Ruins lie. Puffs of smoke and snow clouded the trees. The caverns were not yet destroyed, but sounds and vibrations could be felt through the ground.

A smaller, grayish monster raced toward us. "Papyrus! Boss! A large group of humans are destroying the Underground! They've breached the Barrier and the Core is being overrun! The ruins, I've heard, are being blasted too! They're coming for us again, just like the war!"