Her (END)

Papyrus raced over to me with Sans at his heels. As I turned around, he was knelt down and embraced me in a tight, sincere hug, then he picked me up bridal style.

"IT HAS BEEN A LONG DAY. LET'S GET YOU SOME REST, Y/N. I'LL GET UNDYNE TO ORGANIZE OUT THE PATROL AND GET EVERYONE BACK SAFELY."

I unsteadily leapt from his arms. "U-Undyne... I have unfinished business with her-"

"NO. YOU ARE NOT TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR HER UNTIL EVERYTHING IS SORTED OUT," Papyrus cut me off.

"Who is not to go anywhere near who?"

The three of us turned around and came face to face with an angsty, edgy fishy.

"Well?" she prompted.

I sighed. "Undyne... I-"

Papyrus looked at me and held his scarf that he picked up from earlier. My blood stained-fabric whipped across my face, silencing me.

"UNDYNE," Papyrus began, "PLEASE, DO NOT TAKE Y/N. I CARE ABOUT HER TOO MUCH."

She scoffed.

"HEAR ME OUT, UNDYNE. WE CAN WAIT FOR ANOTHER HUMAN. I DON'T THINK I HAVE BEEN ATTACHED TO ANYONE MORE THAN HOW I FEEL ABOUT Y/N. I DON'T WANT HER TO DIE THAT WAY. THE BARRIER IS AGGRESSIVE AND WILL SHATTER HER SOUL ONCE SHE BREAKS IT. I COULDN'T LIVE WITH MYSELF IF THAT WAS HOW SHE DIES."

Undyne pondered a moment. She looked deep in thought. Papyrus looked down at me; I was sitting in the snow, letting the freezing ice creep into my armor and soothe and numb my wounds.

Undyne walked off without saying a word to any of us. She approached a group of horrified Moldsmals, and knelt to them. They shuddered under her looming gaze. She spoke something to them, though too far away to hear, and they calmed down. They slowly made their way to the Ruins and Undyne continued walking on, without looking back.

"SHE'LL BE BACK TOMORROW WITH AN ANSWER. THAT'S USUALLY HOW IT GOES," Papyrus whispered.

Sans sighed. "She told me earlier that I have sentry duty after the war. Guess I gotta go." He walked off behind a tree and never came out around it. He must have used a shortcut. Lazy numbskull.

Suddenly, Papyrus playfully grabbed onto my spiked collar and slowly dragged me through the snow, just hard enough not to hurt me. He seems a little more relaxed than usual.

"COME ON, PET. WE'RE GOING HOME, NOW."

I stood and followed his bootsteps, his hand still holding onto my collar and leading me along through Snowdin. Mourning monsters blew dust around the town. Others stared at me in disgust. No doubt they all hated me for being here. Even a Tem trotted up to me, and bit my leg where my armor was shattered. Small drops of blood leaked from little puncture wounds.

"Tem's bite worse than bark," she meowed. She let out a dog-like bark. "Thanks for fighting. Humans gone now." She trotted away.

Papyrus opened the door to our home and tossed me onto the couch, kneeling beside me.

"HOW ARE YOUR ARROW WOUNDS?"

"They're fine. They hurt, but I'll live."

"ANY OTHER MAJOR INJURIES?"

"No."

He helped me take off my armor and let me lay down on the scratchy couch.

"WAIT A MINUTE." He walked out of the room.

He re-entered about ten minutes later holding two scarves. One was his red scarf, cleaned and dried unlike the bloody mess it was before. The other was my pink one. He wrapped both around me, enough to cover my arms down to my stomach area. The warmth soon let sleep take over.

"I LOVE YOU..." Papyrus' voice faded out.

(Time Skip)

I woke up to the sound of voices. I wake up to voices every single day, apparently.

"Papyrus... I've decided."

"GO ON."

"I'll... I'll leave her alone. She doesn't have to come with us. Only because you're my friend and that I wouldn't want to see King Asgore kill her that way. Plus, you love her. I just can't do that to you. No matter how evil I am. You are still banned from the Royal Guard, but let's face it, it wasn't a good guard anyway."

I sat up and Undyne turned to me. "You're free. You are no guard, but you make a fine warrior. Keep Mr. Edge-Bones in check."

She nodded to me and walked out of the house.

"HEAR THAT? WE CAN FINALLY BE TOGETHER WITHOUT WORRYING. UNDYNE HAS OUR BACKS, " Papyrus cheered.

He walked toward me and slammed one hand against the couch cushions behind me, and grabbed my wrist with the other. His knee came up beside me and his smirk cut my lips like a knife. He slowly pulled himself closer to me, and kissed me.

"IT WILL ALL WORK OUT."

He kissed me again.

"I love you, Papyrus."

A third time.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, Y/N."

This time, it felt as if his skull would never part from my monster-face.

A/N- And that's it for this book! I'm quite happy that I got this done and over with. I'm falling in and out of the Undertale community so I'm glad this is done. There will not be a sequel.

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting and voting. It all means a lot to me knowing people actually like my work. Feel free to check out my other stories as well!

Please let me know if there are any mistakes anywhere- I'll gladly fix them.

See you in the next story! Chirp!~ Chirp!~