Don't Go

Every willing monster stood in Snowdin. Each of them was wearing armor and holding weapons, prepared for another battle to determine the fate of the monster world. I stood in the front line, beside Papyrus and Sans. I couldn't see Undyne anywhere, however.

"Y/N, ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE READY FOR THIS?" Papyrus asked.

I nodded, staring intently at the dark forest. "Yes."

"YOU'LL BE FIGHTING AGAINST YOUR OWN SPECIES AND BETRAYING THEM," Papyrus pointed out the obvious.

"I know that! I don't care who I have to fight! As long as I'm with you, I'll fight against anyone," I said, positioning my spear the way that my Boss taught me.

He nodded and held my shoulder for a moment. Then he turned away and gazed into the forest, unseeing.

I breathed calmly despite my anxiety. 'What if I have to fight someone I knew? Like... Like my grandfather?!'

The thought of fighting against my grandfather drained my determination. I completely dropped my spear- stance. I had forgotten about him. He was gone for so many years that I couldn't even remember the last time I saw him. He left to join the army... The army that was here. The army that we were about to battle against. Then I remembered. He was one of the soldiers who called out my name in the Ruins. I shuddered and hoped that I wouldn't have to fight him.

"Hey, Y/N... Don't be scared about getting hurt or dying," Sans whispered. "He may not seem like it, but Boss could be dangerously fighting someone else and see you in trouble and would abandon his fight for you."

I nodded toward him and gazed at Papyrus. He looked down at me and smiled. "HEH, WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING NOW, Y/N. NOT IN FRONT OF EVERY MONSTER IN THE UNDERGROUND."

I blushed and adjusted my armor. 'W-What? D-Did I want to kiss him just now? He would claw my eyes out!'

I pushed the thought from my head and stared into the forest. I could hear faint shouts of command and control from the trees.

We stood for a while longer. A single arrow was soon fired from the treed and landed right in front of me. Then, a voice called out loudly, most likely through a megaphone.

"Hand over Y/N! We know you have her hostage here! She needs to be with what family she has left! Let her go, and we will not have to fight!"

I let a growl escape my throat. "Papyrus?"

"THAT'S 'BOSS' TO YOU, Y/N," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Boss, should I try to reason with them? If something goes wrong I can call you."

Papyrus remained quiet for a moment, then nodded.

I stepped forward and began walking toward the forest. Papyrus called out my name. "Y/N! WAIT!"

I stopped and turned around. "I- I LOVE YOU... PLEASE DON'T LEAVE WITH THEM."

I was really shocked. 'We've kissed and he's given me a collar, a scarf, armor, and training... And he doesn't want me to leave? He loves me that much? The Great and Terrible Papyrus?'

I kept walking without saying a word.

~~~(Time Skip)~~~

"Y/N! You came!"

"Oh thank goodness you're okay! Are you hurt?"

"Why did you leave? Weren't you happy?"

Questions flooded me as I walked into the army's view from the forest. Everyone began crowding around me anxiously.

"Humans, please give me some space to speak," I said nervously, drawing my spear into an attack position. They began backing up questioningly and I breathed calmer, returning to a normal stance. "I came down here willingly. I wasn't cared for properly on the surface-"

"You could have come to one of us! Those things are dangerous! They probably gave you all of those cuts and bruises," one soldier said.

"Let me speak!" I shouted, silencing them. "I have found a decent life down here. I have a family down here, and friends. Like my father, I love to fight. So, these monsters began to train me as an apprentice to become strong. That's where these scars came from. I did all of this willingly."

Silence washed over the soldiers, staring in disbelief.

I heard footsteps behind me and the army in front of me shifted, each soldier readying their weapons. I turned to face Papyrus.

"Y/N, HAVE YOU FINISHED? THE MONSTERS ARE GETTING IMPATIENT, AND SO AM I," he spoke, drawing his sword.

A soldier who seems to be the leader stepped forward. "Listen up, you monster. She will come with us without a fight, or-"

"I said, I'm not leaving!" I shouted.

"Attack!" A voice commanded. A human. My grandfather.

The humans rushed forward. Papyrus and I glanced at each other, then we raced back through the forest. A few arrows whizzed by and gunshots rang out.

"I CAN'T LOSE YOU, Y/N. IM BEING REALLY SAPPY NOW BUT," Papyrus whispered as they ran. "BUT IF YOU'RE IN TROUBLE, EITHER COWARDLY RUN OR REMEMBER ALL THAT I HAVE TAUGHT YOU."

We reached the monster army and Papyrus stabbed his sword in the air, signaling the human's attack.

The war had begun.