Chapter 11: Missing

For those of you that don't know, Signe is pronounced See-nuh. -Liz

We ran the 3 blocks to the warehouse. It looked just as bad as it had earlier. It may have only been worse inside.

We walked inside of the warehouse to see only the metal chair where Kaela was tortured, her blood next to it and on it, and the knife Anti used.

I looked away, ashamed that I couldn't find Kaela.

"Heeeeelp!" a girl screamed from upstairs.

I ran up the stairs and looked for who I thought was Kaela.

"Signe?" I said, seeing my my girlfriend being held by the arm with a knife to her throat. I couldn't see who was behind her.

"Jack!" Signe said, surprised.

"Hush!" a voice from behind her said. "Shut it, Signe! Or else you won't see another day!"

Signe whimpered. The person behind her threw Signe into the corner of the room, making her land on her bottom, then Signe hugged her knees to her chest and his her face.

"Kaela?" I saw who was holding Signe only moments ago. It couldn't have been Kaela. But it looked just like her.

"No, Sean. No. It's me: Kendal." She said.

I cocked my head at her.

"Oh so Kaela didn't tell you, huh? You see, I'm Kaela- just evil. I'm a killer, you know. And I work for Anti." Kendal's eyes flashed black. "He told me that for the time being I can take his place. At least until he's done healing from that stab wound. He also said I can have a little fun with you- so I took her." Kendal glanced at Signe. "She's only the beginning though. It'll get worse: Wade, Bob, Felix, Mark-"

"Don't you dare touch them!" I yelled, cutting her off.

"Oh, so fiesty." Kendal narrowed her eyes. "Why don't you stop me?"

"Oh, I will." I tackled her and took away the knife. I threw it to Tyler, who caught it with ease. "Tyler! Now!"

Tyler lunged at Kendal and then slashed Kendal's face. "Where's my best friend?" Tyler had Kendal pinned to the wall by her neck.

"I'll never tell you!" Kendal yelled in her face.

"Are you sure?" Tyler cut Kendal's stomach a little.

"Ow!! Fine! Fine! She's at the old tea shop on East and Main. Just don't kill me!" Kendal said.

"No promises. Let's go." Tyler pinned arm behind Kendal's back and held the knife to her back.

I rushed over to Signe. "Are you alright?" She nodded. "Did she hurt you?"

"No. But she was going to. That much I know." Signe hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Let's go get Kaela back." I told her as the four of us walked out.