Chapter 4

Octavia's POV

I walk outside with lincoln.
"what's up?" i say
"she needs somewhere to go. Please Octavia, Will your people take her in?"
"I will make them but, why does she have to stay hidden?"
"Because," Lincoln tells me, "She has the commanders blood and it is her birth rite to fight for the throne when the commander's spirit chooses its next leader. She does not want that but if the Fleimkepa finds out about her, she has no choice but to go with him."
"I'all see what I can do. I have to go back to camp first to get her a change of clothes. She has to atleast look the part."
"do you even have a change of clothes for her? I thought they didn't send you down with anything?"
"they didn't."
"then," lincoln says, " where are you going to get her clothes from?"
"Lucia died last night. She had been sick for a while and last night she just stopped breathing."
"i'm so sorry,"
"don't be. It wasn't your people who killed her." Then i leave and walk back to camp. When I arrive i hear my brother yelling out orders and everyone obeying him. Why do they do that? he is not even one of us.
"Bell." I yell to him
he turns to me, " O, I'm kinda busy here. What is it?"
"I need Lucias clothes."
"why? Your clothes are fine."
"Bell, They're not for me. We are taking someone in."
"A grounder?"
"Yes Bellamy." I say back to him emotionless.
"Hell no. That is not happening as long as i'm in charge."
"good thing you're not. Now, Tell me where the damn clothes are."
He rolls his eyes and looks at me, " they are in the second floor of the dropship with all the other supplies."
"thanks."
"and O?" he says to me as I walk away.
"yeah," I say with my back still to him
"don't expect people to be too happy with you."
"I don't," I say as I begin to walk again. As I go through the drop shop doors i sigh. How the hell am i going to get the rest of them to accept this?