Her eyes were wide as I turned back to her, her eyes confused. Then she snarled and leapt for me. I squawked in protest sidestepping her attack.

What the heck was going on?! She wanted to fight? I’ll give her a fight!

She came at me her fists swinging and I reached out catching her fist and thrust her away from me. Keeping hold of her arm I swept her feet from under her and she collapsed on the ground. I could feel an unknown feeling creeping through my veins the feeling of strength and power.

“You will NOT try that again are we clear?” I spoke powerfully and she whimpered nodding. I let her go and she snarled at me once before talking off into the trees. Well that was surprising?

I headed over to Noah and snapped my fingers in front of his face. No response. Great what am I to do now?

I got him into the passenger seat of the car (it was quite difficult and still a mystery to me how I managed to do it but still…) and ransacked the car for clues on where we were supposed to be headed.

Aha! I spotted his backpack in the trunk. Yea yeah I know you should go through other people’s belongings but this was an emergency!

ACADEMY FOR THE GIFTED (AFTG) was displayed on the little business card. As I was searching I came across a report about me?

Ok ill read that later. Looking for an address I found that it was only about 2 hours away. So I got into the driver’s seat and headed towards the place I hoped could give me some answers.

Pulling up at the gates to ACADEMY FOR THE GIFTED I tried to wake Noah up unsuccessfully. Great looks like I’m dealing with this alone. I eyed the gates warily unsure about this.

 “State your name and your reason for wanting entrance to the academy!” a voice boomed from a speaker next to the car. I almost leapt out of my seat!

“Um Kayleigh Ann Morgan and um I’m supposed to be going here now? Oh and I got Noah in the car and he’s frozen or something like that? I don’t know what you call it!” I called back.

“WHAT!” he boomed the gates swung open and I drove up to the entrance and people swarmed the car?

Noah was carried inside and a stranger gripped me by the arm tugging me along, “Hey I am capable of walking myself you know!” They were ignoring me!

I struggled and hit the man in the back of the legs with my foot and he fell face forward everyone turned around and stared in shock. Then I burst out laughing, he was a 6ft 5 man and he flailing his arms as he fell on his face was hilarious.  

He glared at me as he stood to his feet, and I chuckled. 

After the little scene in the hallway they led us into a hospital type room and lay Noah on the bed and they turned on me.

Nurses swarmed around Noah and everybody else turned to me. I winced as they began shooting questions at me like:

“Who did it?!”

“Where are they now?!”

“How’s they do it?!”

“What did they want?!”

I held my hand up exasperated, “I can’t answer you all at once you know!”

A man strolled into the room his head held high his posture showed confidence and power.