MICAH'S DREAM (The Jade Demon)

Micah sat comfortably on a mat, across from his mother. The door of the room has two lanterns at its sides, whilst the rest of the room was adorned with candles all around giving it a bright orange tint; the glow of candles lit their faces on both sides.

The room was similar to study, filled with books, papers and priceless artifacts which gave it an ancient feel. The tension in the room was so thick that not even a knife could cut it. Micah has always been the most mature of his siblings in body and mind, due to that he's taken responsibility to find out what his mother's been hiding.

"Mother." He said in a sharp tone. "You've been dancing around the situation for too long and it stops tonight." She has a blank, somewhat expressionless stare on her face and chuckles softly at his statement.

"Micah, I have the power to wipe your memory clean of anything you think you know." Her stare grew cold. "Test me not, child." He smirked. Her frustration with his cynical attitude aggravated her greatly.

"Forever resorting to empty threats to frighten me." He rose up and leered with a conniving air, as he fixed his clothes. "Your lies will catch up to you and in turn be your own undoing." He begins walking away and stops at the door.

"Those gifts you gave us are truly wonderful. For example, I made use of my Mia's brain to locate an artifact which prevents loss of memory." Her heart dropped.

"What!" She blurted out irrepressibly. He smirked devilishly, with intent to make a mockery of her.

"I lied, but judging from the spike in your heart rate and not to mention your expression, now I know such an artifact exists."

"You little-!" Her face transitioned to an ominous scowl.

"Devil?" He turns his head and looks back and casts a glare at her. "Maybe that's our father... That'd explain why you're so afraid of him." The building shook monstrously in response to her anger, but he chuckled. "That anger of yours will be yours and your son's undoing." He gently knocks against the wall. "You hear that sound? The emptiness in the walls. Do you hear it? That's how it feels when you don't know something." Suddenly his voice breaks. "That's how we all feel, even if we can't fully understand it." He sniffles multiple times trying to conceal his sadness. "But you don't care as much as a mother should, do you? It's that fear of father you carry in your heart and that unbridled anger of yours that will result in your untimely end." He laughs unpityingly. "An end that I can see approaching at full speed like a truck down the steepest hill.

"I fear no-"

"Spare me the false confidence!" He unleashed with strong resistance in his tone. She gasps. "We both know you're terrified out of your mind. But then again, what'd we know?!" He says sardonically. "Don't forget their birthday." He exited and slid the door shut.