Chapter 5

HICCUP POV:

I was in the great hall. I was staring at my food. I can't help but feel like something is missing. The twins ran up to me. "Hiccup, you will not believe what we just found" said Tuffnut. I signed. "Okay you can show me" I said. "First, we need a blanket"  said Ruffnut. "Why" I asked. "I got it, we can use this" said Tuffnut. He grabbed a fabric banner. I signed and anger and stood up. "Okay, this better be important" I said. The twins led me to the rest of the gang. Toothless followed. I made it to the top of the hill and froze. There was a blond girl asleep and shivering. "Who is she" I asked. "We just found her here" said Fishlegs. "Actually I am the one who found her so I get to keep her" said Snotlout. I frowned. "Snotlout please" I said angrily. Snotlout ignored me. I signed. I grabbed the fabric banner from Tuffnut and put it around the girl. She stopped shivering. I picked her up and carried her to my house. I opened the door. "Who is this" asked my dad. 

"Snotlout and the gang found her asleep and I decided to bring her here" I said. "Very well, she can stay" said my dad. I smiled and brought her up to my room. I put her on my bed. I decided to just sleep with Toothless on his bed for tonight. Tomorrow the girl will probably go home. I know she doesn't live her on Berk. I would know her if she did. I don't know everyone but I know every one my age. She is probably from the berserker tribe and was accidentally left here. They left yesterday after the lunch we had together. I went to sleep. I woke up to a scream. I bolted up and found the girl on my bed sitting with her back against the wall. Toothless was sitting there confused. They both looked at me. "WHAT IS THAT THING" the girl yelled pointing at Toothless. "It's okay, he won't hurt you" I said. The girl relaxed a little. "What's your name" I asked. The girl thought for a bit. "Astrid" she said. "Okay, I'm Hiccup and this is my nightfury Toothless" I said putting my hand out to Toothless.

"So, where am I" asked Astrid. "This is Berk. What village are you from" I asked. "I'm from America" said Astrid. "Uh where" I asked. "America, land of the free. In between Mexico and Canada" said Astrid. I was confused. Astrid signed. "Just show me a map" she said. I went downstairs. The girl followed me. I found a map. I laid it out on the table. "What, this isn't the world map" said Astrid. "This is the latest map of the archipelago" I said. "What, but what about Russia, Japan, or even China" asked Astrid. I was more confused. "Uh, I have no idea what you are talking about" I said. "Never mind" said Astrid. "So uh, how did you get here" I asked. "I'm not sure. I was alseep at home and then suddenly I in snow" said Astrid. "Well, I'm glad we found you" I said. Astrid smiled at me. "So, since I'm probably gonna be here a while can you show me around Berk" she asked. I smiled more. "That sounds great. I'll show you around, introduce you to the gang, possibly train your own dragon" I said. "What" asked Astrid. "We train dragons here. I can help you find one" I said. "Okay, let's meet everyone first" said Astrid.