night ii

liam handed in his passport and boarding pass, th lady checked it and ushered him inside, "new york. why do you want to go to new york?"
he smiled apolitically to the flight attendant, he had quit, but jessie still hadn't heard, he was leaving her, it had been three weeks, jessie had told him she still loved him, but liam wanted to stop. he couldn't break her heart. so he was fleeing, leaving, forever. never looking back on her, or the past that had broken him in los angeles.

liam kissed her on the cheek, he picked up his laptop bag and walked the three steps to the boarding gate backwards, his eyes fixated on her brown ones. his heart ached for her, deep inside, a part of him still loved her. still wanted to be with her, still cared for her, that part wanted to call out to her, pull her with him, disappear with her, forever.
never looking back at their tormenting past, but instead to their disastrous future. they didn't fit well together, and this time, liam wasn't going to force it. not on him, not on her, not anymore.

just as the voice over the speakers called for the final boarding for his flight, he looked at her.
she mouthed the words i love you to him, her vulnerability shining clearly. but he couldn't say it back, because the greater part of him, the part that wanted to throw acid on her, stopped loving her the minute she cheated on him.

he smiled and turned to board the flight, his knuckles had turned white, they were tightly gripped around the leather band of his laptop bag, "hello. and welcome to virgin airlines. we hope you enjoy our flight, please put your carry on luggage in the over head bins and refrain from using until further notice, thank you and once again enjoy your flight."

cassey, the flight attendant, said.
liam smiled back at her and sat down, he looked out the window, he saw his reflection in the semi-reflective glass, it was disoriented the image, but it clearly showed how he felt.

broken, emotionally and physically.