7 : 57

licnobio

(adj.) describes a person who performs most activities at night , with artificial light, and sleeps during the day.

'''

aspyn's alarm blared, killing the silence that had somehow condensed in the room, her eye blinked as she yawned, sometime last night, around 4 30, she had managed to asleep, soft words evaporated from her lips and she ran a hand through her long dirty blonde hair.

it was difficult, the mornings, waking up, the dressing up, deciding which mask to wear today, daughter, girlfriend, super baker?

her mind over looked the possibilites of how she could just drop it all, and throw herself off a cliff, killing the daytime and being forever with the stars.

but she knew that would hurt too many other people, to them she was normal. not a licnobio. not an insomniac. just a human. or that was what she was at night. when she had the stars and the moon, peeling away the layers of lies she applied everyday like foundation and concealer over her soul.

everybody thought she was human, instead the daily struggle that society forced upon her, squeezed the life out of her slowly, soon some cliff hanger would find her cold, dead, lifeless body at the bottom of a cliff, her eyes faded over, the blue in it more ice like than soft blue sky.

the worlds chains on her, burned, they burned like the fires of hell. killing her spirity, until the night arrives and all she can do is hope. and pray.

she turns to the stars when there is nothing left do but wish. she wishes on each and every star in the night sky, and she prays with her heart that she can finally reveal her true self to someone who actually understand.

she switches off the alarm, and ties her hair up into a pony tail, a few hairs escaped from the hair tye and rand down her back, chills went up her foot when thye touched the cold floor, no amount of carpetting will stop the new york winter from creeping up on you.

she rubbed the little sleep out of her eyes and started to get ready.

another day. another mask. another lie.

'''

liam's day started out with three hundered cups of caffeine, the energy slowly circled throughout her body, it was like the flash had personally lended him a few electric speed for a short period of time to survive the little hours he had in the day.

according to his assistant, jesse, he had three meetings before lunch, a overview for the layout at 3 10, and after that he could leave if he pleased. as manager of his own company, he could go to work in his jammies and no body would dare say a word.

a society, the expectations you place on the people, are to be met by higher standards than usually set.

"sir?"

jesse stood in his doorway, "yes?"

"your meeting began, your still here..."

"yes, jess, yes i still am."

"would like me to.." "no no. i will have to attend one of them at one time, better today than yesterday right jesse?"
"not sure what you mean by that, i think better today than next week, but hey, great thought. their waiting for you sir."

"names please jesse."

"mr. caleb parks. ms. may fordan. mr thomas anderson and mrs katie anderson. they've got a child, she is playing inside the conference room, hand her this piece of candy, have the parents refuse and still offer it and have the parents take it away. your golen mr. harvey."

"jesse, how many times do i have to tell you, thats my dad, my names liam. you can correct me, but you cant say my name?"

"thats society sir, you better than anyone should know that, after all, you set the expectations and standards, we just meet them."