night i

aspyn made her way down the flight of stairs, stepping lightly on familiar creaks, she had woken up about two hours ago, it was 2 am in the morning and chase was asleep. beside her, her ex boyfriend who had broken up with her and falsely accused her of cheating had been the sight she saw when she woke up.

"aspyn?" she turned around, he stood at the bottom of the mahogany stairs, he was wearing blue boxers, his hair was a mess but he still managed to look gorgeous. "its two am... what are you doing up so late?" she glared at him, she wasn't wearing anything but a simple silk night gown, that, she noticed, wasn't even hers.

"what am i doing wearing a nightgown that isn't even mine in your house?"

he looked like he was made out crystal, the moonlight cast shadows on him, making his features look like they had been carved in olympus. that he had been blessed by aphrodite. "stop."
"stop what aspyn?"
"looking at me, looking at me like you love me..."
he smiled, he slowly came up to her, like she was a deer and he a lion. "i do love you."

aspyn wanted to throw up, lies... lies... lies...
"get away from me." she whispered and ran, she opened the front door and kept running, his house wasn't that far from hers, she kept running, tears kept falling, heavy sobs and tear filled halted her to a stop, she sat down on a bench at central park.

she sat down, her eyes watering, she stared at the moon, she looked at the stars, she saw how the shined how they were pricking the night sky like a painting, she wanted to live in that moment forever. her mind went back to when the blackout had taken place, how everything had been quiet and it had been just her and the stars and quiet peace of the moon. now the city roared with life, humming with noise.

she tilted her head back and hummed a poem her mother had taught her when she was young...
the stars and the moon will guide you,
if you put your heart in their light.
the sun and clouds will deceive you,
if you put your heart in the night.
don't be fooled by their smiles,
don't be tricked by their love.
daughter, be smart,
and look at the stars above.

it had originally been in korean, her mother had traces of their ancestry, she stopped, and closed her eyes, tuning out the world she was slipping into a dark abyss, when the soft hum of a guitar made its way through the dark.