Are We Getting Farther?

Eva's POV

I remember on my birthday on August 4th, Colton took me out for dinner to celebrate. He ended up suprising me with a suprise birthday party in the restaurant he took me on our first date.

Everyone I worked with was there celebrating, Adam was also there. Ashley and Tommy wished me a happy birthday and gave me a group hug. The party went on and Colton, went up the stage that was in the restaurant and said," I would like to thank everyone for coming to my love's birthday party," I blushed and the spotlight went directly to me. "and I would love it if some of you can come up here to wish her a happy birthday if you are up to the challenge!" Everyone laughed.

Ash went up.

The room went silent and the spotlight drifted to her now.

"The days are going by so fast! I remember being introduced to Eva on the first day. And boy was I happy because she turned out to be the best friend I never had. She is hilarious, sweet, intelligent, and most of all, beautiful inside and out. I want to wish her the very best and that age doesn't matter if you know how to live it. Happy birthday Eva!!" Everyone applauded. She came up to me and I gave her a big, tight hug.

"Thank you, Ash. That really made me feel enlightened. Thank you very much." I whispered in her ear. She nodded.

Colton was next to go up.

"That was a truly beautiful speech Ash, I loved it. Anyways, what I would like to say to the birthday girl is-"

"Stop stop! I want to go." A voice yelled out.

I looked around the room and saw Adam stand up from his seat.

"Alright Adam. The stage is all yours." Colton replied.

Adam dragged himself up the stage and lifted the microphone from the stand. From the way he looked, he was drunk.

"What I would like to say to dear Eva, is that I, honestly, whole heartedly..." Adam paused and looked at me.

My heart was racing. I was freaking out on what he was going to say.

"have feelings for you. I have had feelings since the first day I laid eyes on you. I didn't quite know that I could ever love again after Sauli. The only feeling I have now is rejection because you didn't like me...like how I loved you. My heart cried and cried feeling ashamed. I now know that I just have to move on. I will and this is the step to do that. So yeah. I wish you the best birthday ever-" Ashley took him out.

The spotlight now drifted to me. Everyone's eyes drifted to me. I looked down in embarrassment.

Colton went up stage and said," Um well ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy the rest of the party...."

I sat up from my seat and went outside to find Adam. I found him and Ash walking to a taxi drinking water. I went up to Adam and went crazy.

"What the hell was that Adam?! Were you trying to make me seem like a piece of garbage?! You made me feel horrible and useless! Why didn't you just tell me how you felt like how you did with all your past dates, huh? You chose today out of all others to humiliate me!" I shouted.

Ash tried to calm me down. But that didn't work.

"I thought you were my friend, Adam. I don't even know what to even think about you now." I told him.

"Nothing. I was never 'something' to you. I was just someone you admired in your dreams. I was never part of your life." Adam confessed.

"I'm gonna go get Tommy." Ash announced.

"Adam, you are my life. I looked up to you when I was down. You made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I wouldn't know what life really was if it wasn't for you."

Adam looked down.

"You just don't understand. You may think I'm drunk, but I'm not. Everything I said up there was true. Don't worry, I will move on and things will get better. I promise." He walked away, never looking back.

I went back into the party and saw my guests smiling and laughing. I envied their happiness for I was not even close to happy. 

Colton came up to me and gave me a warm hug.

"Don't let him bring you down on your special day. Today is all about you, nobody else. Come, let's cut your cake." He said.

I nodded in agreement and parted the cake with a smile that nobody could suspect a crying little girl inside.

Months have passed and each of everyday, it has become much colder between Adam and I. We never talked to each other nor glanced at one another. We were no longer friends. All we ever did was to keep our mouths shut. He went back with Sauli after the incident at the party. I was happy for him yet I knew why he did this. Sauli came a couple times to the studio to hear Adam sing.  Colton and I became much more closer. He offered me to live with him, and so I accepted. I met Colton's parents and they were so sweet and proper, that I felt like I was not fit for it. Times at the studio had it's days averaging from boring to horrible. Colton loves me. Sauli loves Adam, and Adam loves Sauli. But who do I love? But what made me happy was that Sauli made Adam smile more than ever. And honestly, Adam deserved it.