A Monday Full of Chaos

Eva's POV

Yesterday was just a particularly regular day and Colton arrived late from work so we couldn't go out. But I wasn't bothered at all. Adam nor the gang spoke to me that day but I guess they were busy.

Well anyways, today was Monday, the 29th of July. I was excited to work on today's music creation. I checked my calendar to see if I had anything to do in the coming week. And all I saw was that my birthday was coming up on Sunday.

Yay, I'm getting old.

I decided to just walk out to my car and drive off so I won't be thinking about the lack of events I had this coming week.

As I got to the music studio I heard people inside. Hmm that's funny, I have always been the first one to arrive to the studio. I thought to myself. I unlocked the door and saw everyone except Colton in the studio. Adam looked like as if he cried all weekend.

"Adam, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. No need to worry about me." He answered.

Tommy and Ash were consoling him and I was just standing there worried and curious about what had happened to him.

Then Colton arrived.

"Hey guys! Whoa Adam are you alright?" Colton asked.

"Yeah he's fine, he's just sick." Ash answered.

"Oh, well do you want to call it a day and rest?" Colton asked Adam.

"No it's fine, I can manage."

"Alrightie then. Let's get to work!"

I felt guilty and I didn't know why. I wish I could cheer him up. I don't like seeing my idol upset or sick because it hurts me.

"Adam, what song do you want to sing first?" Colton asked.

"Underneath." Adam replied.

"Okay."

Adam got up from the couch and went to sit down on the stool in the sound room.

"Oh gosh, this is gonna be emotional." Tommy commented.

"Why?" I wondered.

"Just watch." Tommy replied.

Tommy and Ash went with Adam and took their guitars and bass waiting for their cue to play. I was very curious to what was going to happen next.

Colton showed a thumbs up signaling them to play.

The song was slow and mellow. Adam's eyes were closed and his head was moving with the music. I knew right then that this was truly going to be emotional.

Adam started sing the verse and Colton was leaning towards them. Adam's eyes were still closed but his voice nailed every note and the song was so emotional that tears started escaping my eyes. I saw at least one tear escape everyone's eyes. I was mouthing the words, almost singing with him. I could feel his pain with every word he sang.

Colton saw me tearing up and gave me a hug. I hugged him back tight. He rubbed my back saying that everything is ok. Adam saw us and closed them again quickly. The song was over. I gave him a round of applause for how perfect he sang. Adam looked flattered but still was upset about something that I had no clue on what it was.

Tommy and Ash ran up to Adam giving him a tight group hug. He came out from the sound room, Tommy and Ash were right behind him.

"So how was it?" Adam asked.

"It was magical. I loved it." I replied.

He looked at me and grinned.

"For a sick person, you sure as hell didnt sound like one. Excellent job Adam." Colton answered after me.

"I'm glad." Adam responded with a blank face.

"So now we are going to discuss about the future of our business and from there, we will call it a day since Adam is sick. Is that fine Adam?" Colton questioned.

"Yeah. Sounds good." Adam said.

"Alright. Everyone please take a seat."

Adam was next to Ash and Tommy was next to me. Colton was by himself so he can tell us about the future.

We talked for about a couple of hours. No laughs or stories came out from us. It was like talking with the dead. It was emotionless. Adam looked at me as if he pitied me. It was going on like this the whole time we were discussing the business's future. Why did he look at me like that?

I finally asked him.

"Adam, I don't know what I did wrong but may I ask if you are in someway mad at me?" I asked him in a whisper.

"No. I'm not mad at you."

"Then why are you distancing away from me? I'm sorry if I did anything to hurt you." I apologized.

"It's nothing. I just need time to reflect on the thing I've lost."

"Okay. Just contact me if you need anything. Promise?"

"Yeah. I promise."

"Good. I love you Adam, that's why I worry about you."

"Thanks."

We distanced ourselves. I don't know if our friendship will last.