11. blood brother

Layla marveled at the aircraft's ability to maneuver itself out of the thick, foggy forest. Its as if the device had its own, humanoid mind.

The little aircraft was SE702--Alpha's twin brother, Beta. Well, it was more like a remnant of his brother. And Layla, the Malefic gunner, knew none of this little hovering craft's roots.

When raw sunlight went through the giant leaves that she used to cover herself, without a doubt, she stood up and continued her journey with her new found accomplice.

The sun was high and her heart pumped with hope. What was in store for her? What waited for her at the end of the road?

She heaved a deep sigh and treaded the road ahead of her with a heart full of positivity and with a hope that the future may hold great summits, profound opportunities.

After hours of walking blindly, without knowing where her flying companion was going, a tall building, basked in silver and a myriad of gems loomed in front of her.

It had no windows and it only has one door, well at least that's what she thought.

The aircraft went straight for the door and it used its little pointy front to knock. It nudged on the door; tiny pecking sounds resounded across its metal surface.

Moments passed and no one seemed to notice. The door was still shut tight. Layla decided to step in. She formed a fist and softly pounded on the surface of the door.

Layla was not aware that she was in the territory of the Assassins.

A stirring sound reeved from the inside; as if the dead bolts were unlocked.

"Identify yourself." A woman's voice resonated across the clearing.

"I am Layla. The Malefic Gunner. A former resident of Malefia. I am here because this aircraft, this little thing led me here. It seemed to know its directions well." Layla replied, sounding polite and calm.

"You may enter but leave your weapon on that table. Let me scan you." The woman said.

Natalia, allowed her glass blades to graze Layla's skin softly. She touched the lady's chest, where the heart was situated and Natalia took a deep breath, absorbing the energy her glass blades were sensing.

Her glass blades knew evil and good far better than she can. It can sense disaster and euphoria at a touch and it kept her safe throughout her lifetime.

Layla did what she was told and held up her hands as Natalia scanned her.

From a distance, Alpha hid himself behind a metal wall as he listened at the commotion that was happening.

Across the ruckus, his eyes caught something, something dear to him. He squinted his eyes and...

Beta.