Chapter 3

Teiko's team walked into the audience seats. They stared down as the girls practiced. Female Middle School Finales happens first, then it would be their game. They watch as the two teams practice, but styles contrasting. One team was practicing rather intensely, while the other team remained quite casual. To the surprise of most, Tsuyoi didn't even attempt to perform any flashy moves.

"Minami Middle School has been doing well so far. They've tripled their opponents' scores, and that's more than Tsuyoi," Akashi said.

"So are you saying that Tsuyoi might be in trouble?" Kise asked.

"Quite possibly. Minami are very good shooters. They're also a offensive team, which means that Tsuyoi will be defensive," Momoi added, staring at the girls.

"This will be an interesting match," despite his words, Midorima's voice was monotone.

"That's why I bought a lot of snacks for this game, because I get really hungry when I'm excited," Murasakibara said.

"You're always hungry," Kuroko pointed out.

"Don't eat too much. We have a game after this," Akashi told him. Murasakibara sighed, and nodded his head.

"Please give it your all!" The girls shouted. They all got ready for the centre pass. Kaze stood in the middle, facing the much taller Centre.

"You won't be getting this ball," she laughed.

"Oh that's okay. I'll return the favor later in the game," Kaze replied.

"Ooh. Someone's getting riled up," the other team's Power Forward laughed. "Feisty." Rekka rolled her eyes, and bit her tongue. Oh how she wished the profanities could just roll off her tongue.

"Hey, hold it together. Teikō's watching, and we want to give them a show in the second half, not first quarter," Sora whispered, patting the girl's shoulder and walking away. Then they were off, Minami starting with the ball. They seemed to glide past Tsuyoi's defense and scored a two pointer.

"It was like we breezed past them," their Power Forward laughed, high fiving the Small Forward.

"I guess the people they faced were extremely awful," the Small Forward replied.

"We're so going to win," the Point Guard told Sora.

"You keep thinking that," the black-haired girl smirked.

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

***

"Uwah! They just finished the first half and Minami has tripled their score!"

The first twenty minutes of the game had been Minami talking trash, and downgrading Tsuyoi.

"You guys should just quit while you're at it. There is no way you guys can catch up now," the captain, and Shooting Guard of Minami Middle School chuckled.

"Yeah, we're just too good for you to handle," their Small Forward boasted.

"No. They just suck," the Power Forward smirked.

"Akiyama," Rekka muttered under her breath.

"Ladies, get ready. It's time," Kaze didn't smirk. In fact, the look in her eye darkened. "They've played with my patience long enough. Full out, no holding back."

The Generation of Miracles had a perfect view of the girls.

Mamoru, who was slouching slightly, had straightened up, and had a more firm posture now. Kaze seemed to be losing her presence. Kasumi was swaying back and forth, not smirking, but with a serious look in her eyes. Rekka's eyes blaze with fury, like an out of control fire. Sora eyes were scanning the girls before her.