"Did Mommy almost get you stuck out there?" I ask and Bri nods. I laugh as Lydia feigns offense, sitting next to me, taking Bri from my lap and tickling her daughter.

"I did not." Lydia says as Bri yawns. "Looks like nap time for us. See you guys later." Lydia says, getting up and walking off before turning around while still in earshot. "What are we doing for dinner?"

"No idea."

-

Preseason is a bitch. It really is. But I mean, it's also kinda fun. Marta's gone, so I don't have to worry about being assaulted anymore. Well, that's a lie, I've still got my best friends on the team, they'll assault me for no reason. I take a pass from Alex and head into space with it before passing to Ali. She takes the ball and passes to Moni, and so on, until Tom calls us in.

"So, 2019, NWSL Champions, new season, how does it feel ladies?" He asks and we all cheer a little, I smile as Ash shakes me. "Are we after another one this year?" He asks and I nod.

"I know I am." I say and Ash nods.

"Same here." She says and I chuckle.

"Then let's get practicing and get ready for this season." Tom says and we get back to practicing.

After practice, as we're all getting out of our new practice kits, Ash looks around the locker room and smiles at me when I catch her looking around.

"So Valentine's is in a few days, who's doing what?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"Well, considering that we've got training on Valentine's Day, I'll have to wait until my girlfriend gets out of her training to spend a half our on Skype with her, because that's the longest my best friend will leave me alone before trying to drag me off into some different type of wacky ass adventure." I say and Ash winks at me, pointing too.

"You know it." Ash says and I shake my head as I pull my tank top on, changing out of my shorts into a pair of jeans after taking my cleats, socks, and shin pads off, pulling on my regular socks and slipping my shoes on after my pants are on. Once my kit bag is packed up, I sit and wait for Ash to be done. Yeah, still don't have my own car here. I've had absolutely no time to take a cross country road trip to bring my own car down here, but whatever I'm sure if I had my own car, I'd waste too much time doing stupid shit. When we get home, I get a quick shower and change into some shorts and a t-shirt, going with Ash back to the stadium to work out in the gym for a little while before we head to the store to get some stuff for dinner.

"So who all is coming over tonight?"

"Alex, Ali, Moni, Dani, Danica, Camila, everyone really."

"That's a lot of cooking." I say and Ash chuckles.

"You called dibs on cooking the entire preseason. This counts."

"That's so not fair."

"Too bad." Ash says as we pay for everything and head home, once we get home, I send Ashlyn out to clean the grill for me while I prepare the food after showering, again, really quickly. When Alex got here with Blue, I started cooking everything for when the rest of the team would be here and ready to eat, as Ash set up the soccer tennis net. What better way to start off preseason than a little get together the night after our first preseason training session. Right?

"Chef Y/L/N." Alex says, coming over, a can of soda in her hand.

"Captain Morgan." I say and she rolls her eyes at me, nudging me with her shoulder as I turn a steak over. "How may I help you?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Just came to bother you." She says and I chuckle.

"Too bad, you're keeping me company." I say and she chuckles.