Chapter 6

As I slowly start to open my eyes, I hear a muffled voice off in the distance. I turn to see a blurry figure at my side staring at me as another joins besides them. My eyes shut again as my head spins. Moving it back and opening my eyes again I notice that both are female and the voices seem clearer.

"Akio," I hear one call. "Are you okay?"

I slowly blink as I try to make the vision clearer, as I do my sight slowly focuses and then I see Minako staring at me as I look toward her. Tora standing behind her looking down as well.

Moving slowly to get up, I feel a huge pain rush through out my body and slam back down onto the bed. I look back up to Minako and Tora, cold sweat running down my face. I raise my hand slightly and look to see a pitifully pale complexion.

"Akio?" Minako calls.

"What happened?"

"You won," She replies to my inquiry. "You defeated Zeno."

"Yeah," Tora adds in. "You had us both scared and worried."

Looking at the ceiling, I let out a sigh. "I know about the fight... but I don't know about how I got there..."

Looking at one another Minako turns back to me and places her hand behind her head, "You uh... started chanting 'blood' and took off into the direction of the his hideout"

"When we caught up to you, Gin had to get the pile of guards off of you." Tora adds.

I shake my head slightly, "I don't remember that. At all. All I remember was setting up camp and then seeing Gin at the hideout. While the attack was commencing."

"So you don't remember anything in between there?" Tora asks incredulously.

Shaking my head again I look over. "I do remember the fight with Zeno."

"So you remember how you beat him?" Tora asks.

"It's hazy, but I remember small traces."

"So what do you remember?" She asks again.

"The pain," I exhale after a minute pondering. "I remember every hit I took, and the last attack I made."

Looking over I see the wounds that they sustained in the battle, remembering that they had them before I fought Zeno.

"Are you okay?" I say turning to them in concern.

Tora looks at me and smiles holding up her thumb, "child's play."

I then turn to Minako who nods.

"What about the others?"

"They are okay." Minako adds.

Nodding I look away from them, Tora then says. "Minako can you please check up on the others. And then see about payment for our rent."

Minako nods, and then gets up. Quietly closing the door.

"What the hell happened to you." She turns to me.

"I don't know what your-"

"We had a plan." She replies, "And even you are level headed enough to follow a plan."

Refusing to look at her, I close my eyes and let her continue.

"I know you, Akio." She adds. "You aren't someone to fly off the handle like that. So what happened?"

Shaking my head I finally turn back to her. "I don't know..."

I realize that I'm lying through my teeth as I have a very good idea why. But for right now I can't let anyone know it at this point in time. There's only one thing to do about it though... I have to learn to control this... The power I felt before I blacked out was immense, more than just myself alone. If I can harness it, and use it with my will rather than let it cloud my judgment... it should allow me to increase my abilities more than what they currently are.