Unit 9: Reunions

I finally made it.

The night sky had just started to conceal the setting sun. The water reflected upon the moonlight.

I pulled out the walkie-talkie. "Allois?! Allois, can you hear me?!"

"Amus!!" I heard him yelling nearby. He was definitely stuck inside something because his voice was clearly muffled.

"Allois!! Al!" I started trudging through the water. My jeans got soaked.

"Amus!" I was getting closer. I saw a box in a cove. A rope was tide to it so that it wouldn't float away.

I got to the crate and tore the wood open with my bloody, blistering fingers.

"Amus!" Allois popped up and hugged me. Tears rolling down his cheeks from his reddened eyes. He clenched onto Alex the lion. "He's no good! He's not nice! I tried to defy him, but he's strong."

"Al...Allois, listen to me. Do you know where he is?"

"No."

"Okay," I sighed. "Let's get you back."

I helped Allois step out of the crate, but when he looked up, he just stared at me - no - behind me.

I slowly turned to face a cloaked figure. The end of the cape was torn and dirty.

The thing didn't move or speak or do anything. Finally, it stepped forward. Immediately when it did, I shot it with my new gun.

It continued on with loud, mechanical noises.

The cloak was actually just a piece of cloth and it blew away in the wind. Under it was a robot. A big one; made for fighting.

Continuously, I shot at the robot. I'm guessing that this was a gostik because the armor fell off to represent the fact that I got rid of half of it's health.

Inside the armor was skin, bones, muscles, and sinew. It looked similar to the first gostik I encountered. The one on the office building's roof.

Yet again, I can't stop staring at the eyes. One that looks like a whole bunch of different eyes sewn together and the one with just a black pupil.

"A-Amus...." Allois held onto my sweater tightly. "W-what do we do...?"

It's evil, I thought. I know it...and it's not just because it kidnapped Al...

I continued to shoot at it. The bullets did damage, but it kept coming closer and closer to me. Finally, it was an arm's length away. By this point, I hit the small button on my gun and used my retractable blade to stab it.

As it disappeared into little shards, I wiped off my sweat.

A voice echoed from inside the cove. A woman's voice. "Do you like my puppets? I learned to manipulate these stupid gostiks, yes. My work will not be in vain... I will capture your little cross-telepathic brother, yes!"

"Amus...what is she talking about?"

I looked at Allois and stepped toward the voice. "Show yourself!" I commanded.

Just then, an army of gostik robots emerged from the darkness. "I'd rather not, yes. I believe it's best for me to be the boss and have my...employees...do the work, yes?"

I made Allois leave the river. The gostiks surrounded me.

"Aww. Why'd you do that?" she whined. "Now I have to find him after I kil-"

I destroyed a gostik while she was talking. "Sorry! I don't have much time to just stand around and talk."

All the other gostiks came closer to me. I half-killed three, but one gostik hit me. Hard.