Unit 6: Lessons Learned

"What? 'D-d-dad'?!" Rogue looked back and forth from me to him.

I stepped closer to him. "Are you a Morphix?"

"...Yes..."

"Then, all this time...? Then, you left cause...? And Allois... Al!"

"What are you saying?"

I ran to him and pinned him against the wall by his collar. "Do you know what's going on back home?! Do you know what Al is going through?! You left without a word! It's all your fault! It's because of you that Al... Al..."

His face was stunned at first, but he looked down at me with a sudden anger. "Let go, Amus. Now."

My eyes started tearing up as I looked down. My hands shaking.

"A-Ace..." Rogue gently pulled me back by my shoulders. "Not now."

I looked at him with an obvious scorn. I wanted to make sure that he saw it; my hatred for him.

"What are you kids doing here?"

Rogue spoke, "We heard of someone that can train us. Is it you?"

"Yes, but who are you?"

Rogue introduced herself as I wandered the area. There was a potted plant on top of a cabinet. It didn't seem...real. It looked real. It smelled real. It felt real.

I touched the dark, brown soil. When I saw my fingers, they had golden dust. It sparkled in the slight light.

"Is this... Sphal magic?"

"I'm surprised you caught that. Yes. Yes, it is."

He snapped his fingers, and just like in the alley, the place transformed into training grounds.

Weapons, courses, materials, and more. Specifically made for Morphix.

I looked back at the potted plant, but now it seems to be a clear vase filled with gold flakes.

"So...you want to be trained, eh?"

I crossed my arms and turned away from him. "Yeah."

He came towards me, pat my head, and continued walking.

Rogue was eager. "Are you going to help us? Can you? Please?"

"I would, but I don't know about what my son thinks of me as a teacher." He looked at me. "What do you say?"

I turned to see Rogue. Her hands were brought up to her chest with a hopeful expression on her face.

I don't exactly want to say 'yes', but Rogue really wants this...

"Tsk. Fine! Do what you like."

He smiled at me and became serious. "You two need help with telepathy. Probably fighting too." He turned to me. "You, son, need a weapon."

"...Yeah." I gave in.

He brought us to two separate rooms. After leaving Rogue at her room, he brought me to my own. Seating me on a chair and strapping me in.

I shot a glance at him. "What are you doing?"

"This is to make sure you're using your minds and not using Morse Code or anything."

"Fine."

He left the room, but a few seconds afterward, his voice came on a speaker. "I'm in Rogue's room. She'll tell me something, then she'll think the same thing. Try to see if you know what she thinks. If you've got it, speak it into the microphone that should be... coming there right now."