Unit 3: Home

She darted quickly straight to the gostik like a bullet.

It took a strong step forward. The ground shakes, and I'm turned to face my other side.

I couldn't see anything that's going on.

I could only feel the cold, hard, stone railing against my face. Something sounding like a sword being pulled out of its sheath echoes in my ears.

Crash.

'Dammit,' I hear Rogue in my head. 'It cut me! C'mon, scepter, c'mon! Red. Okay then.'

A whip in the air, then a thump behind me.

All I could do is hear, smell, and feel. There is no scent besides the city air and dust.

All I heard and felt are crashes...and I couldn't do anything about it.

Something was struck at my back. I choked up blood, and it dripped out my panting mouth.

"Stop it!" Rogue yelled at the thing. "Stop hurting him! I'm your enemy. I'm the one your up against! Stop!"

I struggle as I'm trying to keep that softly pounding rhythm inside my chest that seems to grow faster everytime I choke.

Trying to keep the air in.

The blood in.

I feel like I'm sick.

Attempting to stand, my legs wobble below me and I fall back onto the ground. My face slams into the cold concrete. Looking up, I see her. She holds her ground against the enemy as dark red blood trickles down her arm from her shoulder. Despite that and her head's blood tainting her orangey-golden hair, she keeps a tight grip on the scepter. The staff.

I feel the horrible aching throb beat against my temple. Doing my best to stand at least one more time, my weak knees tremble below me. I grasp onto the wall. Bringing myself higher, I look above her shoulder to get a good look at what we're facing.

The dark shadows aren't enough to hide the loose, skin-covered form. An open zipper runs along half of the face down to its bloody neck, chest, and stops at its left heel. Guts, bones, and muscles seem to be the stuffing that escapes through the open stitches. Through the torn up skin, ligaments, and sinew. Parts of it look burned off or ripped apart. It seems that out of all of that, though, the only thing I could stare at were the eyes. One was completely white except for the small, black pupil. The other looked like multiple eyes that were cut and sewn together.

In fact, the whole thing looked as if it were cut and sewn together.

Her desperate face turned to me as she had a double-take. "What? How? How are you standing?"

I limped towards her. "Stay...focused." I breathed out.

I ran my hand across my chest where my messanger bag was the same way Rogue had done before. The strap disappeared as my palm smoothy came across it. On the other side of my hand, a dark, chained, heavy great-sword extended out.

I grabbed onto the spada-da-lato hilt with both of my hands.

I sped off to the gostik. My hands pulled the the sword along my side. On the other side of the gostik, Rogue mirrors me. Closing in on the gostik, we let out loud, sharp battle cries. Jumping and swinging at the beast, we sliced through it with our blades.

The gostik broke down into evaporating shards of what is now air.

My hilt and blade drooped down back into my bag. Panting, I swung it back around my body.