Unit 5: Guilds and Relations

We went through the traffic easily with the help of the thin motorcycle.  The road was smooth and dark as we drove past neighborhoods, plazas, factories, parks, and farms.

How far is this place?

"Not that far. We're almost there!"

I was stunned at first, but then I remembered the whole 'singular telepathy' thing.

"So...do you know the owner of this thing," I said, patting the side of the motorcycle with one hand.

"Yeah, of course I do! I wouldn't just steal something like this! Plus, it's called borrowing."

"But-"

"Come on, Amuse! Don't sweat the details! Loosen up!"

She sped up and made a sharp turn into - guess what - an alley.

We nearly crashed into a wall when she quickly hit the brakes. I was leaning backwards, looking as if I were about to fall off.

She hopped onto the cement ground and removed her helmet.  She yelled, "I'm baaack!"

The walls around us receded into the floor below us.  Next thing I knew, there were people, tables, food, and lights everywhere. This place was huge.

I think it's a giant bar.

The people shouted out, "Ay, Refrain!"

She waved at everybody while dragging the bike off to the side. I followed her.

"What is this place?"

"These are my friends. My clan. Guild. This is the Rouge Scepter."

I point at her ring. "Isn't that the name of your staff-thing?"

She turned around with a smile and winked. "Yep! I named this clan. Like I said, this is my clan. My guild. I'm the leader."

I looked around at all the people. They were all just chatting, drinking, planning, and laughing.  Everyone was just...so laidback.

"You're...their leader. You're in charge. How?"

One of the ladies chimed in, "'Cause she's strong!"

"Yeah," said a man. "She's strong even without her matching Morphix."

Rogue stepped in, introducing me...in a way. "Hey, guys! This is my matching Morphix!"

"Whaaaaat-!"

"Yep," she smiled and smacked my back. "This is Amus Chrome Eld. Also known as Ace and Amuse. Make him feel at home while I go check our status!"

Everybody lifted both of their hands. "A-kay!"

She pushed me into the crowd and it felt as if I was being swallowed by a wave. I turned my head just enough to see Rogue give me the thumbs-up and walk away.

Someone sat me up on one of the bar stools.  They all circled around me.

"So. How was school?" they asked.

'What? School? He sounds like my mother...but Rogue did say to make me feel at home,' I thought.

Heck, I'll just go along with it.

"Yeah, it was cool."

"Anything special happen?"

"Hmm... I met two new people. One of them is in my homeroom, foreign language, and English classes, but the other is only in my P.E. class."