Chapter 6: The Cave

Once the flairs were in the air twenty armed people on snowmobiles rushed towards Mat and the others. It took ten minutes for backup to arrive.  "Hector, keep an eye on that tiger" Mat said handing him the sniper. The sound of the snowmobiles outside the cave was enough to wake the tiger. "The tiger's awake!!" Hector told everyone. Mat takes the sniper back from Hector. 

The group approached the cave with caution. "How are we going to get in the cave?" Zoey asked.  "The flames do pose a problem" Hector answered. "Any ideas?" Julie asked. Mat took a handful of snow and tossed it on the fire. The snow froze on contact. "So if blue fire freezes water then we use red fire," Mat said to himself. "Anyone have any extremely flammable object on them right now?" he asked.

Julie hands Mat a lighter. One of them had a gas leak so they pored some of the gas on the blue flames. then Mat tossed the liter on the flames. The blue flames dissipated into the snow and left a line of ice. they entered the cave. "If you see the tiger don't engage, it'll take all of us to kill it," Mat told them. Mat starts grouping people together "Hector take Zoey, Julie, and ten other guys," Mat told him. "I'll take the other ten with me.

Each group goes their separate ways. Mat's group walks through the cave looking for both servitors and the tiger. One of the men in Mat's group stops to check for a pulse for a body laying on the ground. When he looked up the rest of the group was gone. "Oh no," he thought to himself. He wandered through the cave alone. He hired a strange sound behind him. The tiger was charging towards him.

Hector's group came across five survivors. "Help these people up," Julie said. "Let's keep searching. Hector told them. They continued through the cave. They came across several dead bodies. Mat's group had no luck at all. Both groups meat up at the entrance to the cave. "We found five survivors, how many did you'll find?" Hector asked. "None" Mat replied. "Everyone here?" Zoey asked. "We're a person," Julie said. Just then a yell of fear echoed throughout the cave.

 Three people stayed with the survivors outside the cave. Everyone else rushes back into the cave.  Next, the sound of gunshots echoed through By the time they got to the guy was already dead. He had his side completely torn off. "We need to go now!" Mat said. they run for the exit. Another person gets caught. The tiger crushes the man's bones in his jaws sound of bones getting crushed echoed through the cave. 

The rest of the group opens fire on the tiger. The tiger backed down and retreated deeper into the cave. "Fallow it, we're going to kill this thing," Hector told everyone. They stayed close behind the tiger. as they ran through the cave. The cave started getting covered in ice. The tiger vanished. Mat took his sniper used the sniper to spot the tiger. He took the shot. "Let's slow down the tiger a bit," Mat said. He fired at the front left leg, direct hit. Unfortunately, the sound of the gunshot caused two ice sickle to fall from the ceiling. They fell and stabbed through two of the men's bodies. 

"Let's get out of here," Mat said." Good idea" Hector replied. The tiger ambushed the group. They ran towards the entrance as they fired at the tiger. All of them ran out of ammo. When Mat, Hector, and the others to the entrance Mat was the last one out. He took his flare gun and fired it at the snow above the cave. The snow fell a blocked the cave entrance and gave them time to get a good distance away from the cave.

Just as the tiger was all most out the snowmobile with the gas leak exploded. The tiger charged down the mountain after them. He caught up to one of the snowmobiles and tor the riders head off. The rest of the rest the team got caught in the tiger's flames. Only Julie, Zoey, Hector, and Mat remained. Mat took his knife out.

"Where'd you get that?" "My brother gave it to me" Mat replied

"Where'd you get that?" "My brother gave it to me" Mat replied. "Hector turns this thing around," he told him. So Hector turned around a headed straight for the tiger. "Do you even have a plan?" Hector asked. "I'm ending this" Mat answered. "Hector can you do me a favor?" he asked. "Sure" Hector replied. "Can you tell Zoey I love her?" he asked. "Sure" Hector replied. "Head for that ramp and when I say the word drift the snowmobile," Mat told him.    

The tiger jumped at the snowmobile. "Now!" Mat yelled. Hector drifted the snowmobile and Mat jumped off the back. He met the tiger in the air and drove the knife into the tiger's chest. He slashed the tiger's chest open. The blue flames started to in golf Mat's body. "MATHEW!" Hector yelled. "Get out of here Hector!" Matt yelled back. Hector drove away. He got down to the bottom of the mountain where Julie and Zoey were waiting. "Where's matt?" Zoey asked. "Mat wanted me to tell you that he loved you.

Julie holds Zoey in her arms."Let's get back to the hotel" Hector told them. So they headed back to the hotel. Julie took Zoey into their room while Hector went into his. "Hector asked Chris and Nate to come into the girl's room. Once everyone was in the same room Hector told them what happened. "Where's Mat?" Chris asked. Zoey started crying. Nate looked at Zoey. "Hector where's Matt?" Chris asked again. Hector finally answered, "he's dead."