{forty-four}

{forty-four}

                It wasn’t long before I had to go back to university. Parker had driven me and said he’d pick me up when it was time to come back home for Christmas and New Year’s break. He also said he’d come and visit whenever mom became over barring. We both knew he’d probably come by in a few days time.

                Livvy still hadn’t returned but she had texted me saying she would be back by later tonight or early tomorrow morning- just in time for her ten o’clock class. Declan was supposed to get back in two days which meant that I had nothing to do.

                Alone in my dorm room, I unpacked, cleaned up and dusted the dust that had collected over the week and then showered. It wasn’t until I was tucked in my freshly made bed with a book in my hand that the events of the first few days of Thanksgiving break replayed in my mind.

                “He deserves to know,” My brother’s voice repeated in my head.

                Declan did deserve to know. I knew that, I was just afraid he wouldn’t understand. That he wouldn’t get it. That he’d rule me crazy like everyone else had. I was finally living a normal life, one that I was trying to get the hang of.

                I wanted to be normal. I needed to be normal.

                “I fell in love- with you, and I thought I could stop my ways but I couldn’t. Not even for you.”

                Roman’s words were next to echo in my ears. I shut my eyes and shook my head. I needed to stop thinking about Roman. I needed to forget him. He was no longer someone who was in my life. I wouldn’t let him be.