{four}

{four}

                “You should come out with us tonight,” Livvy said as she finished applying an extra coat of shinny lip-gloss. Her long blonde hair was curled to perfection and her long legs looked even longer in the mid-thigh black skirt she wore.

                Glancing down at my track pants and old Falling In Reverse band T-Shirt, I felt more like a hobo than a girl in her pajama attire. “Tonight?” I asked as I flipped over onto my side and continued to watch my dorm-mate get ready.

                “Yes tonight,” Livvy nodded as she fixed her white tank top that was tucked into the waist of her tight skirt. “A few of us are going out for a few drinks. You should come. It’ll be fun and plus you might meet someone.” Liv added with a slight smirk as she glanced over at me.

                “And what makes you think I want to meet someone?” I replied as I sat up in bed and ran a hand through my wavy hair.

                “The fact that we’ve been in university for close to a month and not once have I seen you with a guy.” She responded, then after a short pause she turned to me and tilted her head, “With anyone actually.”

                “I’m not really a people person,” I half lied.

                “Whether or not you’re a people person, you’re coming out with me tonight. I need a wing woman.”

                I scoffed at the idea of me being Livvy’s wing woman. “I doubt you need a wing woman.”

                Livvy shrugged and smiled before she fixed her golden blonde hair and faced me completely, “Fine. I’ll be your wing woman.”

++

                Livvy must be the world’s worse wing woman. The moment we stepped into the bar a few blocks away from the university, Liv dragged me over towards a table at the back of the small pub and slid into the circular booth. After she had introduced me and practically ordered for me to sit next to one of her friends named Declan, she completely ignored me.

                “You look bored,” Declan said as he leaned over and said into my ear. The music in the bar was loud, loud enough that even though he had spoken into my ear, I still had a hard time hearing him.

                Turning my head I studied him. His hazel eyes caught my attention the most as they went perfectly well with his fair skin and his dark hair was styled in a messy fashion. He was cute; I gave him that.

                “I’d have more fun back at my dorm,” I replied.

“Well that’s because you aren’t drinking,” he said nodding towards the bottled water that sat before me.

“I’m not much of a drinker,” I replied, “Plus, don’t people always say you don’t need to drink in order to have fun?”

Declan shrugged, “You don’t, but alcohol always makes things interesting.”

I laughed at his response. He was right, alcohol did make things a lot more interesting.“You do have a point,” I said as I pushed back a few strands of my wavy pink hair.

                His hazel eyes followed my small movement and a small smirk spread tugged at his thin lips, “I like your hair. It’s different.”

                And just like that, his words flung me back into the past.

                Just like Noelle had said days before at the house party, we did in fact have Roman in our history class. The moment he walked in through the door and started his way towards the empty seat behind me, I could feel deep within me that something was going to happen.

And as he passed my desk and glanced down at me sinking lower into my seat, he smirked and sat down behind me. His long legs kicked the back of my seat and I moved forward a bit. He didn’t apologize but I did see Noelle smirking and lifting her perfectly shaped brow as she silently told me that she was right.

                All throughout the lecture I could feel him staring at the back of my head. And when the bell rang signally the end of class, I sprang from my seat faster than ever before. However, even though I was moving at my fastest, the traffic at the classroom door stopped me from escaping from what I knew was next.

                “Do you usually sprint out of your seat?” His amused voice asked as stopped behind me.

                The line at the door began to move and as I was about move out of the room, Noelle passed me. Her shoulder collided with mine with such force I spun around and came face to face with Roman.

                He was tall, standing close to six feet as he stood before me. Unlike the first time I laid eyes on him, I could see his face clearly. With a full head of dark hair, warm brown eyes, and tan skin, Roman was incredibly handsome, and when he smiled, I completely forgot the fact that he was bad news, that I shouldn’t be around him if I wanted to continue being sober.

                “I like your hair,” he said as he reached out and pushed away a teal strand of my bangs that had fallen into my face. “It’s different. Like you.”

                And it was then that Roman had intoxicated me with his presence. It was after that, that I ignored all warning signs that he wasn’t good for me; that he was toxic.