{twenty}

{twenty}

                “You were right,” Roman continued after I didn’t reply for a long while. “We’re both made from the same cloth. We’re the same, you and I. I see that now.”

                I shook my head side to side but didn’t respond. He didn’t give me a chance to, he was already continuing on with his little speech.

                “I know it’s my fault that we ended up the way we did but I knew I had to walk away so you could get better. I knew it was my fault that you ended up spiraling downwards again. I tried to forget you, you know? I knew it was for the best if I just got out of your life. But baby, I never stopped thinking about you. I want to fix us.” He said.

                I wanted to laugh in his face because I didn’t believe a word he said. He was full of shit and we both knew it. Roman was known for a lot of things, one of them being notorious for getting what he wanted and leaving. He got what he wanted from me and he left. So why was he back?

                “You have a lot to say for the one who walked away,” I told him as I took a few steps toward him.

                “I mean every word, baby.” He said as he took a step forward. I dodged his extended arms and stepped the side before he could wrap his arms around me.

                “No you don’t,” I said. “There’s no ‘us’ anymore, Roman. You made that perfectly clear the day you decided to get up and leave without a single explanation. You didn’t even leave a fucking note, Roman. It was clear you didn’t give a shit about our relationship. So do us both a favor and stop fucking acting. You don’t give a shit, you never did and you never will. End of story. End of us.”

                I pushed past him hoping he wouldn’t reach out and stop me.

                He didn’t. And I wasn’t sure what the feeling in the pit of my stomach was. Relief he didn’t try and stop me or sadness he didn’t even try to fight for me.

                I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts as I bounded down the steps back to the first floor. I needed to find either my room-mate or Declan because I couldn’t stay a minute longer at this party.