{three}

{three}

                I let the warm water run over every exposed inch of my body as I stood underneath the spray of the shower. With my dorm-mate still gone, I decided to take advantage of the time and take a long shower. After I had shampooed my hair, I let it sit and began to lather the rest of my body with body wash. Long showers and I never mixed well. My thoughts never failed to drift into the past when I decided to escape from the world for awhile.

                Roman.

                I closed my eyes and tried to shake him out of my thoughts but it was too late. I was already going down memory lane and thoughts of the past were rushing in like a flood. I couldn’t stop them; it was already too late.

                As cliché as it sounded, the first time I saw Roman, I knew he was bad news. It wasn’t because of the way he dressed or his reputation around school, no, I knew he was bad news because the moment my eyes landed on him, he was hunched over a coffee table snorting a white line up his nose in the middle of a house party.

                After he took his hit he sat back in his seat on the couch and let his eyes close as he let the high take over. Though most of the people I hung out with then where stoners I never really associated with people who did harder drugs simply because I never knew of anyone at school who did harder drugs. No one at school really bragged about it.

                “His name is Roman Knight,” Noelle said as she leaned onto me. She had a blue solo cup in her hand and from the looks of it, the cup held beer.

                “Who?” I asked a bit confused.

                Noelle quirked her perfectly shaped brow and smirked, “The guy you’ve been staring at for the last five minutes.”

                “Oh,” I replied as I pushed back strands of my teal dyed hair.

                “He’s in our history class,” she added. “He sits right behind you.”

                “He does?”

                Noelle scoffed and rolled her eyes before she pushed back strands of her raven black hair, “You’re so oblivious sometimes.”

                I rolled my eyes and shook my head before I turned to leave.

                “I heard he was asking about you,” Noelle called after me. “You should go and talk to him.”

                I didn’t bother replying to her, instead I continued walking further into crowd away from Noelle, away from the hard drugs, and away from Roman. Yet, he lingered in the back of my mind and something told me tonight wouldn’t be the last I saw of Roman Knight.

                A knock on the bathroom door snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly noticed that the water had gone cold and shut it off.

                “Aspen,” my dorm-mate’s voice traveled through the bathroom door, “Are you almost done? I need to pee!”

                I sighed and quickly dried off before I wrapped my purple towel around my body and stepped out of the tub. The cold tiles of the bathroom touched the soles of my feet and chills ran up my spine.

                “Aspen,” Livvy whinned. “Seriously, my bladder is about to explode!”

                “Hold on a second,” I replied as I whipped the steam off of the mirror and pushed back strands of wet pastel pink hair. A few months back it been a darker shade but recently it had faded into the bubble gum pink color that it was now.

                “For fucks sake!” Liv exclaimed before the door behind me slammed open and my tall, blonde dorm-mate stalked in. “Seriously, I need to pee.

                The sound of her zipper going down was enough to make me run into our room and forget all about my disguarded clothes that I had left on the bathroom floor and the lingering thoughts of Roman Knight.