Slayed

Venom sat over his mother's grave, hearing nothing but the smooth trickle of the creek beside him. Although every fiber of him wanted to scream and shout, and pound at the ground, he sat there in silence. She had died to save him, so he should be sad, right? The flowers he had bought for her still billowed in the silent breeze as he sighed deeply.

Nine months ago. That's when it had happened.

It had been a rainy night, and Venom and his mother had been walking home from the hospital, where his father had been in critical care for the last few weeks. He was attacked in the middle of the night, probably due to his job. Venom's father was a hanging judge, also known as the kind that tries to find any reason for the defendant to be found guilty. Most people found him crazy, but Venom saw him as a genius. Anyone who could persuade another to execute an innocent, had to be a freaking Einstein. 

Venom's mother was as innocent as they came, she had white hair, and beautiful blue eyes. She was so young when it happened. Too young.

As they strode down the street, a soft shadow appeared in front of them, and Venom had lit his hand on fire in defense.

"Easy, child," a dark and husky voice cooed, sending chills down Venom's spine. The shadow materialized to a man whose skin was pale as snow, and his hair a dark crimson red. Horns curled off the top of his shaggy hair, and wings extended behind him. "I'm just here to make a deal." He licked his lips slowly, and Venom noticed sharp fangs extend from his lip.

Venom's mother's eyes widened, and she fell to her knees. "No, please, give me more time, I promise I can find someone to take his place."

His deep violet eyes darkened, and he held up a hand, clawed with black talons. "It's been approximately nineteen years, how was that not enough time?"

"Okay! Okay! I understand, but don't take him. My soul is much less needed." The creature's eyes narrowed, and his lips peeled back into a grin.

"If you say so..." The next thing Venom knew, his mother was on the ground, limp, and the creature held a glowing orb of green in his long talons.

The creature turned to leave, and Venom's pulse raced with anger. "Who are you?"

The creature stopped, and whirled around, its eyes glinting with delight. 

"Why, my dear child, I am Satan."

---Lucy's POV---

Even Natsu and Gray stopped mid battle to glimpse at the man who stood in the doorway. A grin found its way to Natsu's face, and he bowed in respect.

"Venom, you've made it, I thought you weren't going to show." His cocky gaze raked across Venom's face, and Venom kept his cold gaze locked to Gray.

Venom let out a deep, graveled breath, and took a step down, completely ignoring Natsu's existence. "Why, I remember you, you're the one that ruined my fun." Venom's glance was shot towards me and I felt the need to hug my body in protection.

"Hey, I was talking to you," Natsu's tone turned deadly quiet, and Venom set a glimpse at him.

"And who are you, again?" Venom looked the boy over, and Natsu bristled.

"The guy that's more powerful than you'll ever hope to be," he growled, and lit his hand on fire. Venom's eyes shone in amusement as the flames licked at his skin, not even burning it.

"Tsk, what a nuisance." Venom shot a glare at Natsu, and lifted his hand. Odd, yet terrifying purple and blue flames shot from his outstretched hand. Natsu slowly smiled, and practically unhinged his jaw, expecting a snack. The moment that fire touched him, Natsu started screaming in pain. Flakes of skin started to peel off of him, and he writhed around, trying to put the fire out. Natsu couldn't eat the flames. My heart skipped a beat as I saw his blood dribble on the floor. He may have betrayed us, but no one deserved anything like this. His eyes were really wide, and tears streamed down his face. I'd never seen anyone in so much pain. And just like that, he turned to ash, and fell to the ground without a sound. A small lump prodded at my throat as I swallowed, my tongue felt dry, and my body shook. 

Who was this man?

---Levy's POV---

By the time Juvia and I were finished cleaning and fixing the house, it was nearly 9 PM. I frowned down at Taylor, who was still wide awake, and quite hyper. Her eyes were glued to the T.V., and I found myself sighing, walking over to her.

"Hey, Tay, it's time to go to bed," I cooed at her, and her blue eyes blinked up at me.

A small grin painted itself on Taylor's face, "Okay! You promise to sing to me though, right?" I stopped in my tracks and stared down at her. Sing? 

"Uh, yeah, sure." I smiled down at her, and she giggled, skipping to her room, me following close behind her. Taylor bounced onto her bed, and put herself in the covers snuggling in. 

"Sing! Just like Mommy does!" She chirped, and my face twisted.

I tucked her in, and kissed her forehead affectionately. How could you not love that child? "Okay, what do you want me to sing?"

"Anything you want," Taylor mumbled, her blankets muffling her mouth, and her eyes growing more dreary by the moment.

Taking in a deep breath, I stared down at her for a second and thought. What to sing? I finally decided , and started singing to her quietly.

"Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town."

Once I finished the song, Taylor was snoring softly, her raven hair covering her face. I swept it out of her eyes, and smiled down at her.

"Goodnight, Tay."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Okay, so, as you all know, this story is about done. Now, it's completely up to you guys if you want a sequel or not. Either comment in this chapter, or the last one if you want one. If I do a sequel, it will be about Taylor, so choose wisely. 

Anyways, thank you all for reading, and as usual, if you enjoyed, please VOTE and COMMENT.

Thank you all!