Love Rivals

I pumped my legs faster, my nose twitching rapidly, Lucy was in trouble, I could tell. I had to have been getting close, her scent was becoming stronger. How could I have let her be alone? The scent of blood hit my nose, and I skidded to a stop, glancing around. Lucy sat on the ground by a large tree, her leg twisted to an unnatural position, and a large wolf was cornering her against it. I sprung forwards ready to save Lucy.

---------Lucy's POV----------

The wolf licked it's massive jaws, and padded slowly towards me as if it was in no hurry to chow down. I uncomfortably scooted back as far as I could, and my back hit the bark of the tree. Staring at the hungry wolf, I decided to call him Wolfie. So, Wolfie's tongue lolled out of his mouth, and I could smell his warm, rotten, dog breath. A sudden pain in my leg made me yelp, and Wolfie took that as an opening. He lunged forwards, digging his sharp teeth into my broken leg, ripping the skin. Blood quickly spilled out of it, and I attempted to kick Wolfie back, but only twisted my leg even further.

This is the end.

"Fire Dragon: Roar!" A familiar voice roared from behind Wolfie. When Wolfie turned his massive head, I swore he paled, and then got incinerated right there on the spot.

"Natsu?" I asked, blinking up at him, and he set his gaze on me.

"You shouldn't be going out on your own, you're too weak." He lifted me in his arms, and started walking back to the guildhall.

"I'm not weak!" I retorted, but he glared down at me.

"You were almost mauled by a wolf, a wolf, Lucy," He pointed out.

"Wolfie," I corrected, and he gave me a confused glance. "It's not even that, I could have beat him if my leg wasn't broken." 

"Well it was, and you needed to be saved, and where was your knight in shining armour of a boyfriend?" He paused as if to think. "Oh, right, he wasn't here to save you."

"Stop." I looked down to hide the tears that were welling in my eyes. "Just, stop, Natsu."

"I'm just saying that he's not the right one for you." I glanced up at him, and saw his face was burning red.

"Natsu, I'm happy with Gray, can you not respect that?" I finally managed, and Natsu stopped in his tracks.

"No, I don't think I can." He started walking again, and we lulled into an awkward silence. Natsu paused in front of the guildhall doors and kicked them open, bringing much unwanted attention to us.

"Oh my goodness!" Wendy squealed, sprinting over to the table Natsu set me on. "Is she okay?" Her voice was small, and Natsu sighed.

"Wendy, no offence, but does she look fine to you!?" He spat, and Wendy frowned, not replying. She lifted her tiny hands and used her Sky Dragon healing magic on my leg. It slowly cracked, and moved back into place, which hurt like hell. My vision slowly spotted, and my whole world went black.

---------Gray's POV--------

My sword sliced through the last of the monsters, and I smiled triumphantly. That made 350. I wiped the sweat that ran down my forehead, and dissolved my sword, ready to return to get my pay.

"Gray, my beloved!" I shivered at the call, and glanced around for cover. A force hit my chest, and I grunted. Too late. "Why weren't you at my birthday, my love?" She blinked flirtily up at me, and I frowned.

"Get off of me, Juvia." I pushed her away, but she clung to me again.

"Don't ignore my question," She complained, pressing her breasts to my arm.

"Juvia, I'm dating Lucy, back the hell off!" I finally broke, and she unlatched to me. I expected cries and stuff, but when I looked up her eyes were filled with pure hatred.

"Love Rival... must die...." She was suddenly gone as fast as you could blink.

"Uh... Juvia?" I had a bad feeling that Lucy was in for some creep problems.

------Juvia's POV--------

....

...........

.........................

....................................

LOVE RIVAL MUST DIE!!!