Distraction

I watched the fan slowly twirl above us, and felt Lucy's warm breath against my bare skin as she slept soundly. Those visions... they bothered me, but I couldn't let Lucy know, she'd be worried. I could never have that. Slowly, getting out of the blankets, and trying not to wake her, I put my clothes back on. I ran my hand through my hair slowly, and looked down at her. She was so peaceful, so vulnerable, I almost didn't want to leave, but I had to. I needed some money, which meant I needed to on a job. Pulling my sweatshirt over my shirt, I opened the door, and left her apartment. I closed the door and waited for the click that indicated that it was locked, and glanced around. Sighing, I made my way to the guildhall, and opened the huge doors. The guild was busy as ever, and Happy flew up to me.

"Aye, Gray, it's been awhile." He stifled a laugh, "So... I hear you and Lucy are a thing now?"

"I don't have time for this, Happy." I frowned down at him, but he didn't budge.

"She loooves you, Gray!" Happy teased, and I rolled my eyes, pushing him out of the way. I walked over to the request board, and glanced through the jobs halfheartedly. A sudden slap on my back made me turn around in anger, and I saw Elfman looming over me.

"A real man always stays with his girl." He nodded sharply, and my face twitched.

"Shut up already!" I sent him flying with one punch into Natsu, which in turn started a fight. I grabbed a job request and went over to Mira, who was smiling smugly. "I'm taking this one," I growled, shoving the paper in her face, she blinked in surprise, but smiled, nodding.

I attempted to get out of the guildhall when I heard Natsu's obnoxious voice, "Popsicle, if you're going to start a fight, you'd better end it!" He came flying at me with his fist on fire. I turned, and gazed at him. I stepped to the side and he went sprawling into the wall.

"Not today, Natsu." I stalked out of the guildhall, and went to finish my job.

--------Lucy's POV--------

I cuddled into my blankets, hoping I didn't have to get up. I lifted my hand to touch Gray's skin, but instead it met the bed. Frowning, I opened my eyes, glancing around. Gray was gone, and so were his clothes. Groaning, I flopped off of the bed, and made my way to the bathroom. I grabbed my pink brush, and brushed out my ratty hair. Washing my face, I stared up into the mirror. Deciding I looked fine, I pulled some clothes over my head, and skipped to the door. I paused, remembering to grab my purse. I unlocked the door, and felt the cool breeze against my skin. I took in a deep breath of air, and smiled. I opened the guildhall doors and glanced around in confusion. There was a fight going on, as usual, but that wasn't what I was confused about. I couldn't see Gray. Making my way to Mira, I sat down in the chair, and sighed.

"Do you know where Gray is?" I asked Mira, and she paused, thinking about it. She ended up grinning though.

"That's so cute!" I blinked dumbly, and she pouted. "I mean you caring where Gray is 24/7!"

"Yeah, cute, whatever, where is he?" I replied, bluntly.

"He went out on a job not too long ago."

"He went without me?" I almost felt myself bristle. "He went alone?" Mira nodded.

"Maybe he's getting sick of you," Natsu growled, and I stared at him, surprised at the bitterness in his tone. My face went red.

"He's not." Mira set down water for me, and I sipped it slowly.

"And how can you prove that?" Natsu's tone was nasty, and I almost choked on my water, taken aback.

"Natsu, what's your problem lately?" I spat glaring into his slitted eyes. "I know that you don't agree with me dating Gray, but you don't have to be a complete ass about it!"

His face seemed to soften, "Luc---"

"No. I see that I'm not wanted, I'm going to find Gray." I stood up, and glared at him. "Sorry to bother you."

I walked out of the guildhall, and I heard Natsu behind me. "Lucy, that's not what I meant!"

Ignoring him, I started to run, unsure of where I was going. I just ran. A sharp pain erupted my knee as I tripped over something. 

"Ow." I grimaced, as I sat down on the ground, examining the wound. Blood trickled slowly down the split skin. I tried to move it, but instead got a sharp pain telling me not to even try. I knew the feeling. It was the same feeling when the man thrusted stakes through my arms. My leg was broken. I heard rustling in the bushes, and I froze, I couldn't run. A wolf jumped out, it's mouth open hungrily, and it's tongue lolling out of it's jaws. Saliva dripped slowly from it as it stared at me. It was hungry, and I was the main course.