Juvia's Revenge

The birds chirped in chorus outside of the guildhall, and I grunted, my leg still raw with pain. I had stayed in the guildhall overnight to help my bone fully heal, but the pain was still unbearable. Resting my leg on the chair, I attempted to stretch it, and winced at the sharp pains that shot throughout my body. At last I found the courage to stand up, and glanced around. The guildhall was rarely silent, it must've been early. My gaze flickered to the windows. I could see nothing but darkness that leaked into the lamp-lit room. Okay, or really late. I limped towards the doors, and grasped one of my keys.

"Open! Gate of the Maid! Virgo!" A spectrum of brilliant lights filled my vision, and there stood Virgo, bowing as usual.

"Do you need to punish me, Princess?" Her chains clanked vigorously behind her.

"No." My face turned a little red. "I-I just wanted someone to walk home with me."

Virgo gave a curt nod, and a smile tugged at her lips slowly. "So, there's a rumor going around that you and Gray are together."

I facepalmed. "The news is already in the Celestial World?"

"Yep, and Leo's been crying the past week about it." She looked down at me smugly.

"Great." I sighed, and Virgo clucked humorously, opening the door for me. I glanced at her thankfully, and she gave me a curt nod. Most of the way back we walked in silence, the cold wind slicing into my skin. I could barely see anything, and had to follow Virgo as closely as I could to even keep on the right path. After a few more paces, Virgo stopped abruptly, and I rammed into her. "Why'd you stop?" She held her hand out to signify me to shut up. So I did. A soft rustling made me turn, and glance at a bush uncertainly. All of a sudden, the bush exploded, and a crazed woman sprung at me, her eyes red with envy. I yelped in surprise, but Virgo was suddenly in front of me, her whip extended. She lashed at the woman, and the woman screeched in pain, falling to the ground. Once I got a good look, I nearly gasped. Blue locks of hair covered her face, and she had a blue cap on. It was Juvia. 

Juvia groaned, and staggered to her feet, a demonic gaze in her eyes.

"Love.............Rival... Must.... Die........." Her words were slow and slurred, with the most directed hatred I had ever heard.

"Oh, Dear Lord, she knows." I felt myself pale. All of those times she called me Love Rival, and Gray and I just denied it. Kind of ironic how that shit works.

"Princess, stay behind me," commanded Virgo, and I obeyed, quite happily I'll add. Virgo and Juvia stood there, circling each other, before Juvia broke out into a crooked grin. A huge wave of water formed behind her, and crashed into me, leaving Virgo unscathed.

"You're not my target," she spat at Virgo, and I stood up, coughing up water uncontrollably. Virgo sprung forwards, attempting to attack Juvia, but got knocked down in one swipe. Juvia's lips curled into an evil grin as she got closer to me, and lifted her hand. A bubble of water surrounded my head, and I couldn't breath. Every passing second I grew weaker and weaker. I struggled for air, but without much prevail. Slowly, my world shifted into an uneasy state, and I could no longer feel anything. Nothing.

"Lucy! Are you okay, Lucy?!" The voice echoed in my head like it was jello.

Gray...?