When we get to Lubbock, it's about six in the evening, so we pull up to a hotel close at the edge of town that Lydia booked for us, and head in, checking into our three rooms and settling in for the night as my dad and I both continue to grumble about the stupid toll we had to pay along the way here. Fucking, why? Like, just, why? What possesses whoever does toll booths for a living to even do them? Like seriously. It makes no sense.

"Okay, you both really need to shut up." Mom says and I sigh. We had gone out to grab some food to eat, we were tired, but we were hungrier, so as we ate, dad and I went on about the toll, while mom looked like she wants to strangle us. "If you don't I'll smother you both in your sleep."

"Sorry mom." I say and she nods, looking at dad.

"Sorry honey." He says and she smiles. The rest of the night we spoke only about the two week and a half we were going to spend at the hotel.

"So you two aren't going to gamble at all?" Lydia asks, looking at Tobin and I like we're insane. "Why?" She asks after we shake our heads.

"I'm sorry, have you forgotten our profession?" I ask my sister who rolls her eyes.

"So you'll build something for our old school, but you won't try your luck?" Lydia asks and I point at Tobin.

"I'm pretty damn lucky, but trusting your luck is a quick way to lose money you don't have. Also, if you're leaving your child with me, she's now mine, Tobin, meet our daughter. Bri." I say and Tobin chuckles a little.

Later that night, as Tobin and I settle into bed, I smile as she lays on top of me, so I poke her cheek.

"You alive?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Nope. I died. My girlfriend is just so stunning that she stunned me to death."

"Shut up, you adorable goofball and cuddle me. I'm cold." I say and smile as Tobin lifts herself over me, kissing me softly before dropping to the side she claimed earlier, slipping under the blankets and pulling me close, I smile and rest my head on her chest and hold her the way I usually do, left hand under my head, my right one on her stomach.

In the morning, I pout as I wake up to Tobin poking my nose.

"Leave me alone." I mumble and she laughs.

"It woke you up. It worked. Come on, your family is down stairs waiting for us to go down so we can eat and leave."

"Damn you." I mumble, sitting up, and getting out of bed as Tobin laughs.

"What?"

"You mentioned food."

"Duh." Tobin says and I sigh, stretching before grabbing the change of clothes I brought, hopping in the shower and changing before letting Tobin have the bathroom.

"Don't look at me like that."

"That was the fastest shower you've ever taken."

"Food, babe. Now hurry up. I'm starving."

-

As we get to the hotel in Ruidoso, I groan as I lay on the bed and squeal as Tobin jumps on me and grab her hands as she starts to tickle me.

"Don't you dare, Tobin." I say and she smiles.

"You're cute when you're all serious and not wanting to be tickled." She says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't do it, Tobin, or you're sleeping on the floor." I say and Tobin smiles, kissing me. I smile against her lips and laugh as she pulls away with a groan.