Ice Cream Man

You know the warnings. Don't like? Don't read. The title was inspired by the song Ice Cream Man made by Van Halen.

Letters/diary
Parsletongue

Tom woke when he felt the bed dip. He opened his eyes and looked up, Harry was smiling.

"Morning, Love." He said softly, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead. Tom sat up,

"Good morning, Harry. Where is that child?"

"His name is Maverick. He is in the kitchen, we've been waiting for you to wake."

"Oh. I apologize for delaying you. Just let me change." Harry rolled his eyes,

"There is no need for apologies." The dark lord smiled and got out of bed. He pulled off his shirt and found one in the closet. The younger wizard waited patiently. Tom was dressed, Harry turned and walked through the door. They both sat down at the table. Maverick sat there,  smiling. A plate was placed before him, stacked high with pancakes. The boy started to eat,

"Maverick, how old are you?" Harry asked, hoping to know more about him.

"Umm... I think I'm seven."

"Ah. And your birthday is when?" The emerald eyed  male questioned. Maverick's nose scrunched up in thought,

"I don't know." He mumbled,

"That's alright. You can choose your birthday." Harry replied, Tom cocked his head. How was his love so great with children? "Tom, you should eat." The raven haired male urged, noticing that the dark lord hadn't even touched his food.

"Ah, yes. What are we doing today?" Harry grinned, beautiful eyes sparkling.

"I was thinking we could go blood adopt Maverick at Gringotts." Tom slowly nodded.

"I suppose. If so, you two both need to change." Harry was still in one of his dress shirts, Maverick in dirty, wrinkled clothes.

"Oh, I forgot. Maverick, I ordered you a few pairs of robes this morning. They should be coming soo-" Harry was interrupted by someone rapping on the door. The male got up and answered. He opened the door, a man stood there, probably around his early forties.

"Package for Hadrian Perverll." He said, Harry smiled.

"That's me." The man handed him the package, "Thank you." He shut the door, "Maverick, go try these on. They might be a bit big." The boy took the clothes and walked into the bedroom. Harry sat down next to Tom, he looked at the man for a minute. "Are you alright?" He asked softly, concern clear.

"Yes-no. What will everyone say when they figure out we have adopted a child?"

"Don't worry about that. Everyone that truly cares about us will accept it." Harry reassured, Tom frowned.

"But what if they don't."

"Then I will personally torture them." The dark lord smiled,

"I love you." Harry leaned against his shoulder,

"I love you too." Maverick came out, the sleeves were to long, his pants dragging on the ground. Harry chuckled, "I'll fix that for you." He sized the clothes for the boy. Maverick smiled,

"Thank you. Can we go to Gringotts now?" Tom laughed,

"I think you mean Gringotts, and yes." Harry quickly got dressed, they flooed to the bank. Maverick looked around in awe.

"Wow." He muttered,

"It is breathtaking. Now, we should go see a goblin." Harry walked up to the front desk, "Excuse me, Sir. I was hoping someone would be free to help me. I need to blood adopt a child." The goblin looked up, smiling toothily.