218> Oh No You Didn't, TaeTae~ #happybirthday309

After a long day of travelling around for her schedule, she has finally arrived home longing for her bed for sure. But something is telling her that something is bound to happen because of her carelessness for not thinking properly before posting her latest picture on Instagram, she texted her brother when she was on her way home to help her with one thing and could only hope the best for thereafter.
"Hi unnie"
Taeyeon was greeted as soon as she unlocks the door to her dorm, she smile at the youngest member of her group who is sitting in the living room's couch.
"Hey, just arrived?"
"Nope" Seohyun replied as she shakes her head, eyes focus on the television, "Probably an hour max" she added.
"I see-"
Taeyeon hear a door opening near the end of the hallway, a head peeking out in between the open gap but before Taeyeon could even greet that person she knows who it is, the door was slammed close harshly. Taeyeon gulps, she knows that was coming even before she was home. She returns her attention back to where Seohyun is at, "That bad?" she asked softly, while she hop on one foot as she pulls the sock off on the other foot.
Seohyun nods her head again, "Not towards me though"
Taeyeon throws both her socks aside and make her way to the living room as she plops her tiring body onto the one-seater couch lazily.
"How bad was it..." she lets out a sigh as she pinches the skin on her forehead as far as her fingers could stretch and pinch.
"Her face went red and she excuses herself kind of bad...but unnie, I'm quite surprise that you know her"
"I do know her, from music shows and events- but that was it? We don't even contact each other personally"
"Yeah. I heard Shinyoung unnie" said Seohyun, "I know you both have nothing in contact but sorry unnie, I'm on Fany unnie's side this time"
Taeyeon remains silent about it.
"Why did you do it, unnie? Was it to make Fany unnie jealous?"
Taeyeon shakes her head because that was definitely not in her mind when she posted on her Instagram but at the same time, she is truthfully honestly didn't know why she did it either. She just posted it. That simple, nothing else. She couldn't find a legit answer of to why she put such hashtag either.
"Un-"
The two jolt in their seats as they hear the door opening again and they were sure who it is as the dorm is almost empty if it wasn't for the three of them.
Taeyeon was mentally preparing herself for whatever that is coming ahead for her.
"Unnie" Seohyun bid once she saw Tiffany walking into the living room.
"Hey" Tiffany replied and they could see, it was obvious how Tiffany was trying to control herself from lashing out at Taeyeon because she has completely ignore the latter when she walk pass her, not even bat an eye at her.
"I'm supposed to meet a friend of mine for lunch-" her voice trails off as she looks at her watch and picks up her handbag right next to her, almost chuckling when she saw how Taeyeon frowns at her, trying to send signals to her to stay with her and not leave her alone with Tiffany.
As Seohyun make her way out in between the couch, she reaches out and pats her sulking unnie on the head before she lean down to whisper to Taeyeon, "You brought this mess to yourself. You'll have to face it sooner or later"
"And you never let me have the chance to pick the latter" Taeyeon mumbles.
"If you need me, just text me..." said Seohyun before she turns around to wave goodbye to Tiffany and leave the dorm after that.
Then it was dead silence after that, no noise, no eye contact, nothing at all in between the two souls in the living room. Except for Taeyeon, who was secretly peeking over at Tiffany once in awhile but the latter give no damn to it. Her eyes fixated on the television in front of her.
"Fany-ah?"
Taeyeon saw how Tiffany clenched her jaw before responding with a head nod but not even sparing a look at her.
"Hmm.." Taeyeon hums, she sit up straight in her couch before deciding on her next move or what she's suppose to say.
"I really, don't understand though" said Tiffany finally when she could no longer stand the dilly dally situation in between them both, if Taeyeon is not going to talk about it, she's not going to ignore or pretend that as if it didn't happened.
"..."
"But I'm giving you a chance upfront, to give me the reason of why you did it"
"Truthfully-" Taeyeon sighs, "I didn't think what I was doing"
Tiffany had to roll her eyes at the blunt excuse that Taeyeon just gave, "So you're saying, you're just doing it because you just felt like doing so?"
"..."
"Do you even hear yourself, Kim Tae Yeon? How selfish you are by saying that! I swear if it was me, you would've went berserk on me"
"Yes, you're right. That is why I'm sorry, Fany-ah. I didn't mean to not think properly before posting it."
"What made you post such hashtag??"
"Here's the situation, Shinyoung unnie just thought it'll be nice if I could just give a random shout out to Seolhyun, so I-"
"So it has to be the ones with I MISS YOU?"
"I am at wrong, I'm sorry" Taeyeon apologize earnestly as she looks sincerely right into Tiffany's eyes.
Tiffany let out a sigh and turns her head away to break the eye contact.
Just then, Taeyeon's phone beeps on an incoming message. A smile lit on her face when she receives a message from her brother informing her that he has completed the favor that she requested for.
"Fany-ah, can you come with me for a bit?" said Taeyeon as she gets up from the couch and walk towards Tiffany.
"To where?" asked the girl without looking at her.
"Somewhere, just come with me for a drive. Somehow being stuck in a room is not going to produce a good Chi"
"Chi...?"
"Please Fany?"
Taeyeon offers her left hand towards Tiffany, who look hesitant at first but in the end allowed Taeyeon to take her wherever she plans to. They took the elevator to the basement carpark where they made their way to Taeyeon's latest purchase to add into her cars collection. Her black beauty Mercedes SLR 2016.  There was a smile on Taeyeon's face when she saw a her brother has left the bouquet of flowers and a basket that probably contains the light lunch that she has requested him to help her to get it when she was on her way home from schedule earlier on.
Tiffany only realize the bouquet of flowers and a cute picnic basket sitting on the roof of Taeyeon's Mercedes as she walks closer, her eyebrows scrunches as she wonder what is going on, who left it or was this all a plan by Taeyeon. Was the post on Instagram part of the plan too as Tiffany wonder.
The car beeps when Taeyeon unlocks it from her remote, she took a few steps faster than Tiffany who is following quietly behind. Taeyeon went and pick up those items and walk over to the passenger side to open the door for Tiffany.
"What's all this?" she looks at Taeyeon and the bouquet of roses that the girl is giving to her.
"I'll explain when we're on our way out, lets not stay in the basement for too long- its rather suffocating" said Taeyeon as she urge Tiffany to get into the car who didn't oblige but obediently enters Taeyeon's Mercedes as the owner of the car make her way around the car and puts the picnic basket at the backseat of the car before she goes to the driver seat and starts her car engine. The basement roars as the Mercedes was turn on and the tires screeches as Taeyeon drove off.
Tiffany stays quiet though throughout the whole journey when Taeyeon was driving them around. She was looking out of her window, at the buildings or anything that is outside.
"Where are we going, Tae?" asked Tiffany, finally breaking the silence in between the both of them. She draws invisible random shapes on the tinted window with her finger against it as she too herself, is very confused of the situation.
"Just...driving around" answered Taeyeon.
"Why?" she looks at the roses sitting on her lap, "I'm really not in the mood for any surprises..."
With that, Taeyeon know she has hurt the girl's feelings quite deep. She frowns at the thought it and wonders how she can make it up for Tiffany.
"There are no hidden agenda behind anything that is happening or had happened" said Taeyeon, "I'm sorry, Fany-ah"
"Constant apology with no meaning behind it doesn't help solve the issue, Tae"
"I know" she breaks just in time to stop for the red light and took this opportunity to look at Tiffany, although she got only the side profile to look at but it was one of the many features that she like most from Tiffany's assets, "And I am sincerely apologizing to you right now..."
"I know you are, in fact, I trust you but I still want to know why you did so. Honestly Tae, if things happen otherwise. You'll go crazy berserk too"
Which is very true, Taeyeon know that herself.
"This happened so sudden and randomly I was wondering to myself how much more do I not know about you..."
"What, but I-"
"I didn't know you knew her so well"
"I don't, like what you heard, she don't even look for me personally!" Taeyeon steps on the pedal when the traffic light turns green.
"She restrained herself from doing so, but gets people around you to reach out for you or pass you messages. Is like, she's confessing"
"She's straight-"
"And how are you so clear of that?" Tiffany questions Taeyeon in a serious tone.
"She had Zico-"
"And that's your assumption on someone who dates a guy in her past makes it that she's forever straight in her life? I used to think that I was straight too until I met you, I had ex boyfriends too"
"..."
Tiffany closes her eyelids for a few good seconds as she takes it all in and try to calm herself down from raising her voice as she continues to have the conversation with Taeyeon, "You know, I wouldn't even mind if you were to contact her and become friends with each other...she seems nice but what I couldn't understand, still don't, is the unnecessary hashtag that you've posted" she take one last look at the quiet Taeyeon before letting silence to take over them again.
After for what it seems like, a long drive. Taeyeon turns on the signal before turning her car into the left corner. Into a quiet jogging park with a huge slightly empty parking space right next to it. She decides to park her car underneath the tree, the last parking in the row, right next to the dead end. Then at least they could be alerted if anyone were to drive into the parking lot. She pulls on the handbrake and undo her seatbelt as she lets the engine runs, still, her sigh was audible for Tiffany to overheard.
Taeyeon turn her body around so she could face and look at Tiffany directly, "I mean it when I apologize and it's also another fact when I told you that I have no idea why I posted that because I wasn't thinking much. But I can assure you, there is no special meaning behind the hashtag"
"The world seems to think otherwise..."
"The world and you-"
"And can you blame me on that?"
Taeyeon could sense sarcasm, but she understands that she deserve it.
"Is not a huge big issue but is not something that I could let it bypass that easily...is not that I don't want to forgive you in fact even I, myself, is confused on how I should feel in this situation too...maybe because you didn't look at the big picture like if you may mislead her thoughts on you. All these times, you thought I was the only one who have people who keeps coming after me for my attention little did you even realize those charms that you have on other people.."
"..."
"Exactly. You have no idea how charming you can be as a person or whenever that you're onstage performing...and if they knew the caring side of yours-" Tiffany waves her hand in the air like she has went cuckoo in the head, "they'll fall for you. I don't know."
Taeyeon at last smile from the heart when she heard Tiffany's worries, "I love you" she took Tiffany's hands with hers and she was thankful that the girl did not resist or pull her hands away.
"I know. But feelings can change-"
"Not mind towards you though"
"No one can be so sure of their future, Taeyeon"
"If it's not Tiffany Hwang, then I shall not fall for any other girls"
Tiffany sighs, "Just give me a couple of days perhaps, I'll just slowly forget about this...no, I can't, no one can forget the things they are hurt of. But just- just give me more time to calm down...I'm not even mad, I'm just confused and lost"
"Sorry that I made you feel that way, I promise I will never ever post something without thinking twice before posting it"
Tiffany just hums as a reply for she didn't know what else she could say about this. The squeezes on her hand coming from Taeyeon made her looks at the latter.
"If it even matters, I'll do anything to make it up for you.."
"Anything?"
Taeyeon nodded, "Just don't ask me to do stunts like jumping off a building or something. I can even delete the post right now if you want me to"
"No" said Tiffany quickly, "That will only make people to be more suspicious"
"Okay...so what would you like for me to do..."
Tiffany thinks carefully and finally, there's an inner smirk inside of her mind, "No sex until I initiates it"
Taeyeon look as though she was thinking hard, "Okay, what's the second choice?" she wittily jokes, earning a smack in the stomach from Tiffany's palm.
"I'm serious"
"I'm serious too" said Taeyeon as she held Tiffany's right hand up to her lips, peppering the knuckles with light kisses from her lips.
"Tae..."
Taeyeon stops kissing Tiffany's right hand knuckles, she pulled it a bit more so she could rest her chin on Tiffany's hand.
"I'll respect that. I do deserve whatever that you want"
"Really?" Tiffany eye Taeyeon suspiciously.
"Cross my heart" she did an invisible cross with her finger against the front of her chest, "As long as you'll accept my apology"
"Hmm, how or when did you get these?" Tiffany looks at the bouquet of roses sitting on her lap before letting her eyes looking at the picnic basket sitting at the back of the car.
"Oppa's help" Taeyeon had to let go of Tiffany's hands as she turn her body slightly a little more so she could reach our for the picnic basket.
"Oppa?"
"Jiwoong-oppa" with a grunt, she finally managed to bring the basket over to the front and let it sits on her lap.
She took off the picnic basket's lid and smile to herself that her brother did managed to get everything that she has requested for. She took out the first takeout box that contains Tiffany's favorite salad, Chicken Cheesy Salad from one of her favorite restaurant. Tiffany's eyes widen but she took the box right away and had the lid off in within second.
"Ohmygod" Tiffany mutters as she looks at her favorite salad.
Taeyeon smiles at Tiffany being surprised and she's glad that her idea works. She just wants Tiffany to be less angry. The next box she took out contains Spicy Shrimp with Wonton Noodles which is also another favorite for Tiffany and this one is from Tiffany's favorite Chinese restaurant. She takes the second last box which has Taco and their onion tomato sauce at the side from Tiffany's favorite Mexican restaurant which Taeyeon places it on the car's dashboard. The last and final box, which happens to be the biggest box of them all. Assorted Sushi.
"Always having your way around" said Tiffany as she carefully took off the lid of the assorted sushi that was sitting on her lap.
"Is that a compliment or sarcasm?" Taeyeon ask with a small smile on her face.
"What do you think?" Tiffany looks at Taeyeon as she sucks the tip of her chopsticks.
"Perhaps acknowledge my efforts...?"
Tiffany had to smile when she heard Taeyeon stated it so politely, "Fine" she leans in and automatically Taeyeon leans forward to receive a kiss from Tiffany on the lips, "Acknowledged"
- - - - -
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : Hi omma, just want to ask if you could provide me some recipes of Tae's favorite dish?]
Its another day where she's alone in the dorm, with Taeyeon who went to SM building earlier this morning to finalize the front cover of her Solo Album and they were just a couple of days away from Taeyeon's birthday on the 9th.
[Mrs. Kim > Tiff : Hello darling, when will you two come and visit us? You know Tae can be a big eater when it comes to home cook dishes, there's variety of it]
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : Perhaps something a little easier..lol, you know I am not a chef at gift haha~ We miss the family too, perhaps soon after we finish with our 10th year anniversary ^^]
[Mrs. Kim > Tiff : Omma understood :D now about the recipes, it'll be quite hard for you to understand if I just text you the recipes...how about omma drops by and cook with you? When do you plan to cook for TaeTae?]
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : O_O omma are you serious? To travel all the way from Jeju??? I can't asked you to do that omma!]
[Mrs. Kim > Tiff : Is my luck to have someone who cares about TaeTae as much as I do for her, little things like this are the least I could do for my daughter. Don't you worry about transportation, I can get Ji to send me there in the morning and let me have your kitchen for an hour or two then he could send me back to the shop]
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : Wouldn't that be very tiring for you omma? I'm feeling guilty right now TT TT since I can't pretend that I didn't asked you for the recipes]
[Mrs. Kim > Tiff : Don't be silly young woman! I am so glad that you actually let me be a part of your plan]
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : <3<3<3]
[Mrs. Kim > Tiff : So, let me know what you're planning and we'll make it happen together]
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : Okay!! Thank you omma! Thank you so so so much! You don't know how thankful I am to you in so many ways TT]
[Tiff > Mrs. Kim : Oh, lets make it a surprise for TaeTae ^^]
Mrs. Kim returns the message with an okay finger emoticon including a winking emoticon next to it. Tiffany smiles at the sight, finding the woman really adorable for her age. She's glad that this other woman, who is also important in Taeyeon's life, is accepting her into Taeyeon's life. Mrs. Kim has always been like a mother to her even before she and Taeyeon begins dating.
Tiffany hears the card reader beeps in acknowledgment and the door opens next, Taeyeon walks in under her heavy coat. Once she closes the door, she drops her bag onto the ground and took off her coat next. After the incident, they had been quiet around each other most of the time. Taeyeon just wanted to give more space to Tiffany and not wanting to drive the girl crazy from her clinginess after the incident while Tiffany on the other hand is still trying to find a way to ease her mind as she still didn't know how she should feel about the hashtag that Taeyeon puts up in her instagram.
"Hey" Tiffany greets the latter casually.
"Hey" Taeyeon reply shortly and took her socks off before wiping her bare feet on the mat, when their eyes met, Taeyeon quickly gave a small smile to Tiffany but before she could receive any reply on the other end, she quickly excuses herself to her room.
As Taeyeon rushes to her bedroom, Tiffany watches with a frown upon her face. She wonders what is wrong with Taeyeon today, they still talk this morning and now it seems like Taeyeon does not even want to share any bits of her day with her- like she usually does.
When she's in her room with the door close. She makes her way to the diffuser and pick out the lavender scented oil among the selections. She undo the cap and pour some liquid into the diffuser before turning it on. Taeyeon rubs the back of her neck which she's feeling rather sore and the pain her head isn't going away either thus it worsen when she was on her way home.
Feeling nauseated, she knows she can't take any further steps to the bathroom to get herself a bath. She sat next to her bed, reaching for her pillow with all her might and pulled it towards her. All she wants to do right now is to have her eyes shut tightly and hope this dizziness will go away. The moment she lays her head on the pillow that she place on the floor, she could feel her head throbbing worsen. Her hand grips the ends of the pillow tightly as she try her best to ease the pain in her head and hoping she would never have the need to vomit.
"Tae?"
She heard.
"TaeTae?"
She wants to answer to the calling, but her head is aching so badly right now.
"Oh shit! TaeTae!!" Tiffany rushes to Taeyeon's side, kneeling right next to the latter.
Taeyeon could feel Tiffany trying to lift her up but she waves Tiffany off, shaking her head a bit.
"Don't move me, please..." she sighs quietly.
"What is going on TaeTae???? What is happening to you!"
"N-nothing...just another headache...is the- diffuser on?"
Tiffany turns her head around, she kneel on her knees to look at the on and off button on the diffuser- it is turned on, but somehow Taeyeon has forgotten to turn on the plug, she switch it on.
"It is now. Taeyeon, lets get you to the hospital.."
"No...It'll go away."
"Tae-"
"Trust me"
Tiffany looks at Taeyeon's back who is facing against her, she gave a gentle squeeze on Taeyeon's arm before standing back up on her feet. Last few weeks when Taeyeon had the same terrible headache attacking her, nothing was helping the latter including their company's doctor who came in the middle of the night to check on Taeyeon. Thus when the diffuser was turned on and the lights were off, nothing but silent is accompanying Taeyeon in the room. The latter did get better. With that, Tiffany switched off the lights and made her way to the corner of the room where Taeyeon is not too far from her sight. She sat there silently, watching Taeyeon who is struggling to fight off this pain in her head. It looked serious at first, since Tiffany told the doctor that she has never seen Taeyeon acting that way but the doctor assures her that it was just a severe headache caused by stress and the lack of rest. Hence it will all gets better when Taeyeon can adjust her sleeping time back to normal and have the right amount of rest that she needs.
Tiffany watches as Taeyeon flips right and left, as though she was finding a place or position that could make her feel comfortable. Once in a while she could hear Taeyeon groaning in pain.
She prays.
Pray that she's the one going through this instead of Taeyeon. She's not anywhere stronger than the person she's watching right now, but she's definitely not strong enough to watch Taeyeon suffering through this.
- - - - -
She fell asleep she realized.
She didn't know how or when but she's glad the throbbing pain in her head is gone now. She could feel her whole body trembling but probably is because she has skipped lunch- and maybe dinner, she's not sure since its pitched black in her room right now, except for the pink and blue light coming from the diffuser.
Taeyeon gives the bridge of her nose a gentle squeeze as she pulls herself up, that's when her eyes adjust to the person sitting around the corner of the room.
"Fany?"
"Tae...you're awake, how are you feeling?"
How long has she been sitting there in the dark? She wonders, Taeyeon reaches out to the table lamp next to the bed and turn the lamp on. It was good enough to shine on Tiffany's face, showing how red those eyes were.
"Did I scare you?"
Tiffany kneels in front of the girl, somehow, she felt so weak and useless and scare at the same time when she watches Taeyeon suffering on her own through the severe headache just now. She nodded.
"I'm sorry..." Taeyeon pulls Tiffany into her arms, the girl let out a loud sob, she wraps her arms around Taeyeon's neck, "I'm fine"
Hearing Taeyeon said so, made Tiffany cries her heart out. She was so afraid that things could be worse. Although is just a headache but that one moment, images were running wild in her mind- images of her, losing Taeyeon could happen any day made her feel scare.
"Hey..." Taeyeon hugs Tiffany even tighter, "Hey~" she pats Tiffany's back, hoping it will soothe the crying girl.
"Look at me"
Taeyeon tries to break the hug but Tiffany did the opposite, she tightens her arms around Taeyeon's neck instead. Taeyeon could feel Tiffany shaking her head in disapproval.
"Look at me, Fany-ah...I'm fine"
Tiffany still shakes her head.
"Then can you at least let me look at you?"
"No..."
Taeyeon lets out a giggle, "Why not?"
"My eyes are probably swollen right now and I look silly"
This time Taeyeon had let out a soft laughter, "I've seen that look a thousand times and I think they're cute- not silly"
"I can't imagine my world without Kim Taeyeon"
"Silly girl, I'm right here...is just a headache remember? Doctor Lee said it'll all be fine again when I can fix my sleeping time and get the right amount of rest."
"You don't understand, I don't want to lose you" finally, she let her arms fall to her sides as she rest her butt on her heel but have her head hang low.
"You're wrong" said Taeyeon, she lifts Tiffany up by using her finger to hold the chin upwards, "I do understand...because, that is how I feel every single day"
With a sigh, Tiffany had to tell herself mentally to trust Taeyeon on this. She look at the latter with worries but her worries were half taken away when Taeyeon assures her with a firm kiss on the lips.
"Are you really fine...?" Tiffany ask carefully.
Taeyeon nods her head, "Better than before, I promise"
"Show me"
The left side of Taeyeon's eyebrow raise as she question Tiffany's request, "Show you? How?"
Tiffany bit her bottom lip, feeling somewhat embarrassed. She could feel herself blushing at what she just said because she's the one who made Taeyeon swore to keep her promise few days ago and now she's actually making Taeyeon to break the promise.
"I should be biting that" Taeyeon have her thumb pressing underneath the bottom lips, it made Tiffany release her bottom lips and without any further delay. Taeyeon took Tiffany's arm and place it around her neck before she slowly lays the girl down on the floor, head on her pillow.
- - - - -
Tiffany loves having their fingers intertwining together, she looks at the latter who definitely look different from the way she looks like when she came home earlier today.
Taeyeon was looking at ceiling where the diffuser color pink changes to blue and then it changes back to pink again before it turns to blue in a repeated cycle.
"Was it all an act?"
"What?" her thumb that was brushing against Tiffany's thumb, stopped when she heard Tiffany ask her such question.
"Your headache" Tiffany hold the blanket up above her chest in place as she prop herself upwards so she could have a good look of Taeyeon's face that was she definitely teasing right now.
Taeyeon snorted, "If I were that good in acting, I wouldn't have just focused on releasing solo you know?" she stated as in a matter of fact tone.
"Who knows" Tiffany mumbles before resting her head back on the pillow and watching the lights changes on the ceiling before her view was block with that sweaty forehead whose face belongs to no other than Kim Tae Yeon, "What?"
"Don't make me promise on something you will break next time, if you want to punish me"
"What the f-"
Taeyeon quickly shut Tiffany up by pressing her lips against hers, "Just kidding" she said as she pulls away. Tiffany moves her head away just in case Taeyeon tries to kiss her again.
"I hate it when you get all cocky like that"
"I love it when you get all agitated like that"
"Ugh Kim Tae Yeon! Seriously!" Tiffany roughly snatches the blanket off and wrap her body as she gets up, wanting to leave Taeyeon right now but she was too slow for the latter anyway. Taeyeon got up the moment she stood up and pull her back before she could leave any further.
"Yah!!" Tiffany scold and squeal a little when Taeyeon pulled her and makes her land her back on the bed, trapping her underneath her as Taeyeon crawls up on top of her.
"Yes?"
"What do you think you're doing?" she looks at Taeyeon's innocent looking face, running her fingers through the sweaty fringe, "You need more rest...remember what Doc Lee told you?"
"Do you know what my heart tells me?"
Tiffany tried to hide her smile, knowing Taeyeon is probably going to be all cheesy.
"It tells me to love you more and appreciate every single moment with you whenever I could" with one hand, with all her might, she manage to pull off the blanket.
"TAE!!"
"You're so beautiful Tiffany" Taeyeon sighs.
Tiffany held her breath when she felt Taeyeon running her hand down from the sides, down to her every curves and landed on her inner thigh.
"Thank you" Taeyeon nuzzle her nose into Tiffany's neck, "Thank you for taking care of me"
- - - - -
Tiffany looks at the time on her phone indicating that it's almost 12am in another 10 minutes.
"TaeTae..." she puts her phone down and turns around to face her girlfriend who is on the other side of the bed, playing on her phone.
"Yes?"
"Is like 10 more minutes to 12..."
"Yeahhhhhhhh..." Taeyeon hit the pause button on the screen so she could put her whole focus on Tiffany.
"What would you like for your birthday?" Tiffany smiles, batting her eyelids- causing the both of them to laugh out loud.
"I have you" Taeyeon leans sideways, kissing Tiffany on the head.
"And...?" she watch as Taeyeon leans back up and continue playing with her game.
"And that's more than enough for me"
Aww but no! Omma is coming tomorrow morning and I need to make sure Taeyeon will sleep through the entire morning...
"Toilet" said Tiffany all of a sudden, jumping out of bed.
"Ok" Taeyeon replied very shortly as she was focusing on her game, hoping she'll get the high score this time.
In the bathroom, Tiffany bundle her hair up in a bun and took the costume which she has hid it earlier this afternoon when she told Taeyeon she'll be taking a quick bath. She lied. It was really embarrassing when she got Sunny and Sooyoung's help to find this costume for her, they were teasing her throughout the entire day and she believes this teasing won't be stopping any sooner either. But it's all worth it when it comes down to surprising Taeyeon tomorrow morning when she wakes up.
Once she was done changing, Tiffany look into the mirror and swiftly do up her messy hair, she picks up the red lipstick sitting by sink knowing it is one Taeyeon's favorite as Taeyeon has never fail to compliment her whenever she does her make up really simple but with matching it with a red lipstick. She's pretty sure Taeyeon will like her 'mini' surprise for her tonight.
With one last check in the mirror, Tiffany is ready for the surprise.
She exits the bathroom and like she would've guess, the girl is oblivious to what is going on as she was so focus on her game in the phone.
"Hello patient" Tiffany coughs to avoid her awkwardness when she tries to play the 'role'.
"Huh?" Taeyeon hit the pause button again to see what's with her girlfriend but were only shock to see that Tiffany is no longer in her grey sweats but in a white nurse outfit with hair all bun up and the only make up she has on, is a red lipstick which was her ultimate favorite color for Tiffany's lips.
Tiffany smirks, knowing now she has all the attention she needs from Taeyeon.
Immediately, Taeyeon lock her screen and place her phone aside. Totally one hundred percent going along with this role-play she believes Tiffany has prepared as a surprise for her birthday. The timing was just right, it's 12 midnight.
- - - - -
After a wild and long night, last night. Tiffany has her phone held in her hands as she goes to sleep without Taeyeon realizing. She has turn her phone to silent mode and into vibration mode instead so that when Taeyeon's mother text her, she'll be alerted without alerting Taeyeon as well.
Getting out of bed as she goes to the bathroom to freshen up, she almost curse but manage to just let herself hiss when the soreness hits her as she gets up and stand on her feet. As she was brushing her teeth, she hopes the soreness will go away because it will be too freaking awkward for her to walk weirdly in front of Taeyeon's mother later.
Tiffany received a message from Mrs. Kim saying that she's already at the basement floor and waiting for the elevator when she was brushing her teeth. She quickly get herself all ready and made sure that she has silent Taeyeon's phone as well when she was making her way out of the room so no one could disturb the sleeping latter who seems to be unconscious at the moment.
When Mrs. Kim arrives, Tiffany was already waiting for her by the open door. She welcome the older woman with a big long hug, "Thank you omma...I'm sorry to have bother you" she sincerely felt apologetic for making the poor woman travelling back and thru in a day, in the morning, just to prepare the dishes that she wanted to surprise Taeyeon on her birthday.
"Don't think of it that way anymore" she gentle pats lovingly on the side of Tiffany's cheek and smiled when Tiffany's smiles at her gesture, "You've lost a lot of weight on the face, have you not been eating well?" ask the woman as Tiffany invites her to come in with her.
"Omma. Not eating well is definitely not in my dictionary" she chuckles as she helps Mrs. Kim with her coat.
"Is TaeTae still sleeping?" she whispers, looking down the hallway.
"Yeah. I managed to tired her out..." her voice trails off as she quickly turns away, pretending like she's finding a place to hang Mrs. Kim's coat when in actual fact, she was trying to hide her blushing face. But when she turns around, she realize Mrs. Kim is still looking at her, somehow as though like she was waiting for her to finish her sentence, "with Monopoly" Tiffany lied.
"Oooh, did she win or did you?"
"It's fair result, we played many rounds" Tiffany wants to slaps herself so badly as she comes up with such lie to one of the person she respects most in her life. Thankfully, the woman did not suspect anything about it as she already makes her way into the kitchen.
"What can I help you with?" asked Tiffany as she stands right next to Mrs. Kim.
"Perhaps...we can start off by washing the vegetables that I've gotten from the market?"
"Alright!" Tiffany chirps in a happy tone.
After an hour or more, the two women is done prepping 9 type of dishes for the birthday girl. Tiffany offered Mrs. Kim to stay and have the breakfast with them since she believe Taeyeon would be very happy to have her mother with her on this special day thus the woman had to decline the offer as she mentioned to her husband that she will lend a hand in their optical shop once she was done. Before Mrs. Kim could leave once she receives a text from Jiwoong informing her about his arrival at the lobby, Tiffany stops Mrs. Kim as she rushes to the living room and came back with a small box in her hand.
"This is for you omma" she hands the beautifully wrapped up box to Mrs. Kim, who was obviously surprised and not sure what's the occasion.
"For me?"
Tiffany nodded, "Is nothing huge but I think you should have it...I mean, if I could've done it to my mum...I would've-"
Mrs. Kim hugs the young woman as though to console her, "But what's the reason for this, Fany..."
"On this day, you suffered when you were giving birth Taeyeon... No one else deserves to be appreciated more than you on this day. So, thank you omma for being strong on this day 28 years ago"
Touched by those words, Mrs. Kim immediately pulls Tiffany into a hug. Tears were threatening to spill out from her eyes as she hugs Tiffany even tighter.
"Your mother would've been proud of you...she's brought a beautiful and kindest daughter into this world..." said Mrs. Kim as she holds onto Tiffany.
"You did the same by bringing Taeyeon into this world, omma"
When Mrs. Kim left, Tiffany decided that it was time to wake the latter up, as she was about to walk pass the dining room. She stops to have a look at the dining table that was covered with plates that stores delicious looking dishes. Satisfied by how its placed, Tiffany heads straight to the room to finalize her last mission. To wake the sleepyhead up.
The light snores she's hearing almost made her giggle, the sight of both Taeyeon's arms were above her head, her mouth slightly open, her shirt riding up half of her torso, revealing her white smooth skin. Tiffany knew what to do, to wake Taeyeon up.
She sat at the side of the bed and careful kisses a few times around Taeyeon's bare tummy, it managed to stir the girl but the birthday girl just scratches her forehead and continues sleeping after that. Tiffany would've pinched Taeyeon in the stomach if it was on normal days but just for today, she can't. Today is Taeyeon's day. She calm her mind and this time, she had another idea. She'll just make a love bite instead.
Feeling something wet touching against her sensitive skin, Taeyeon was awaken by that feeling. She frown in confusion when she sees Tiffany kissing around her tummy the first thing when she opens her eyes, "What are you doing?"
"Morning princess" Tiffany greets her with a huge smile before climbing and resting on her body.
"Yes, good morning" Taeyeon mumbles before drifting back to sleep.
"I have a surprise for you..."
Taeyeon peeks with an eye, "Are you going to dress up as a doctor this time?" her jokes earn her a slap on the shoulder from Tiffany. It made her laugh, "Then...what is it?" she rubs Tiffany's back with her palm before letting it rest on her butt.
"You'll have to come with me to find out"
"How about later, Fany? I'm really sleepy right now, I could use some sleep...please?" she pouts.
"Cute" Tiffany squeezes Taeyeon's cheeks, "But no, come on before it gets cold"
"Wait" she holds Tiffany by the wrist, "You prepare me a birthday meal?"
Dang!! How did she know????? There goes the surprise... Tiffany sighs disappointingly on her thoughts.
"How did you not blow up the kitchen by now-"
Tiffany lifts her fist up high in the air as Taeyeon chuckles and cowers behind her arms, "Tae, I'm trying not to hit you as much since it's your birthday today, but you're taunting me"
"You know I'm just joking with ya baby" she pulls Tiffany's fist to her lips, "Must I eat now?" she watch Tiffany nodding furiously and not wanting to disappoint her girlfriend and the efforts any further although she's really as tired as hell right now, Taeyeon sits up and gets out of bed to follow Tiffany out of the room.
She was still feeling sleepy when she follows Tiffany out to the surprise that her girlfriend has prepared for her but that moment when Tiffany stops and stood aside she was shockingly surprised to see all her favorite dishes sitting on the table, waiting for her. She blinks her eyes a few times in disbelief, maybe she's dreaming. All of her favorite dish? NO WAY!
"..." she looks back and forth in between the dishes on the table and Tiffany standing next to the table, "But..."
"You'll need to thank omma for this after you finish the meal, she came this morning to prepare the dishes..."
"I..."
"I'll get you your rice and seaweed soup, just sit down" Tiffany smiles widely when Taeyeon obediently follow as ordered.
Taeyeon went to the living room since Tiffany is busy preparing for her meal, she picks up the phone and dial her mother's handphone number.
Taeyeon : Omma.
Mrs. Kim : Neh, TaeTae-ah, you're finally awake? You must've seen the dishes I supposed?
Taeyeon : Yes, omma...thank you, thank you for troubling yourself to come all the way to Seoul to prepare this...Omma, you should've stay and have the meal with us instead.
Mrs. Kim : Aigoo, my baby is a grown adult now...I'm on my way to your appa's shop right now. You have a good meal with Tiffany, okay?
Taeyeon : Thank you omma...it really means a lot to me, to have such dishes especially when I'm really in a busy schedule at this moment-
Mrs. Kim : Taengoo...there's one person that you really should've thank instead of me.
Taeyeon : ...neh?
Confused by what her mum meant, but something tells her it has something to do with the person who is in the kitchen right now. Taeyeon looks at Tiffany who is stirring something in the pot.
Mrs. Kim : It's Tiffany-sshi...she's the one who came up with this idea. No, she did not make omma go all the way to Seoul, that was my idea. It was her idea to make all the dishes that you love. She asked for the recipes but I know how Tiffany is when she's in the kitchen. The girl barely has a passion for cooking don't even bother to mention her interest in making such traditional dishes. But because it was your birthday, she was determined. In fact, omma is very impressed that such young lady could have the kindness and effort to make another happy on their birthday.
Taeyeon smiles happily and at the same time, thankful to know that her mother is praising her love life.
Mrs. Kim : Did you know that she got me a present.
Taeyeon : She got you a present?
Mrs. Kim : Yes..
Tiffany came out with the utensils, placing it on the table as she looks at Taeyeon, "The soup is almost ready" said Tiffany and Taeyeon made an okay sign with her fingers and Tiffany went back into the kitchen.
Mrs. Kim : Even I'm surprised.
Taeyeon : What's the occasion?
Mrs. Kim : A thank you gift..for giving birth to you on this day. She mentioned she would've done the same for her mother if she was still around..
Taeyeon : That's...very thoughtful-
Mrs. Kim : Indeed. In fact my own children haven't even think about this.
Taeyeon : Omma...
Taeyeon whines.
Mrs. Kim : I was just joking, I love you all no matter what. But what I'm saying is...appreciate this girl you're having...she's special. Is weird that a mother would say that about their daughter's girlfriend. But I'm just stating on the fact. Tiffany is a very special girl. At least I know you're in good hands now...
Taeyeon looks at Tiffany.
Taeyeon : You're omma, thank you...for telling me all this and also, thank you for preparing the food for me...I'll enjoy it with Tiffany.
Mrs. Kim : Yes. Go have the meal when it's hot and do visit us soon when you are able to.
Taeyeon : Okay.
Mrs. Kim : Bring Tiffany along.
Taeyeon : Yes omma.
Mrs. Kim : I love you, TaeTae..you've always make me proud of who you are today...
Taeyeon : Thank you, omma...I love you too.
Mrs. Kim : Happy birthday, bye!
Taeyeon : Thank you omma, bye...
Taeyeon sat by the couch and watch Tiffany's back as the latter was busy going back and forth in the kitchen. A lot of times, Tiffany has been complaining that she is not a romantic if compared to her.
Tiffany places the bowl of seaweed soup for the birthday girl, she undo her apron and that's when she realized that Taeyeon is staring at her from the living room.
"What...?"
"You have a wife figure"
Tiffany rolls her eyes and took off the apron once the string was undone.
"Everything is ready, come here. Don't think I'll go over there to carry you. You're not a baby anymore"
"But I'm your baby" Taeyeon argues.
The both of the smile at each other.
Taeyeon made her way to the dining area, sitting right next to Tiffany.
"Happy birthday, TaeTae" she picks up the bowl and scoops up a spoonful of seaweed soup as she held it right in front of Taeyeon.
"Wait" Taeyeon stops Tiffany.
Carefully, Taeyeon took the bowl in her hand from Tiffany and places it onto the table. With all her strength, she pulls Tiffany's chair closer to her in order for the girl to be closer to her reach.
"I knew what you did" said Taeyeon tenderly as tugs a strand of hair and slip it right behind of Tiffany's right ear, "Omma just told me everything...all of your idea and that she's taking no credit on this surprise...it was all you"
"Your omma did most of the cooking, Tae-"
"I know, but it all started with your efforts and thoughts...That is what made this happened."
Taeyeon takes Tiffany's hands into hers, as she looks her in the eyes, staring right into her eyes.
"I could afford to lose my career and even my voice if I had to make a choice...because, I can never afford to lose someone like you" said Taeyeon, "Today won't mean a thing, if it wasn't for your effort..."
"Tae...is just a meal-"
"To you. For me, it's everything...it's another way of telling me, how much you love me. How much you would do for me, just to make me happy...and I want to say, thank you, Fany-ah..."
Tiffany smiles in defeat, "You're welcome, TaeTae...as long as you're happy"
"As long as you love me, I'll always be happy"
Tiffany's smile widens when she hears this, couldn't help it, she leans in to kiss Taeyeon on the lips.
"Happy birthday" she mumbles against Taeyeon's lips.