210>The Talk

Her phone notified that her battery was running low; she huffed, running her fingers through her own hair before rolling over to her girlfriend's side of the bed to pull the charger cable up from the floor and plug it into her phone. As it now beeps to show that it's charging.
Taeyeon take a look at the time on the screen, it's passed 1am. Surely her war with Tiffany hours ago had not settle down, she know she is somehow in some way wrong for what she had accidentally blurted out when she could've just easily remain silent and allow Tiffany to do all the talking and properly apologize at the right time at the end of all Tiffany's bickering but NOPE. Instead, she brought him up. Hurting both side at the end of the result.
Tiffany on the other hand had taken the couch for the night, she was watching Grown Ups 2 and her unstable emotions were making it hard for her to concentrate on the comedy movie. She finds herself shedding tears when her mind reminded her about the argument she had with Taeyeon not long ago. Is not like Taeyeon has cheated on her something but her tears were just tearing because majority of their argument, he had to be involved in some ways. As for Tiffany's perspective on that, she is hurt, hurt for the fact that Taeyeon will never ever let go on this issue or even forgive her regards to anything related to him.
How hard is an apology? She asked herself as she looks straight ahead at the walls painted in light baby blue in front of her. Definitely not difficult but not exactly as easy as I think...everything I say now would probably become negative for her...now is definitely not the right time.
Taeyeon nodded to her own inner thoughts.
Just wait for the right time.
She gathers the courage and carries the pink comforter belonging to Tiffany in her arms, the night is cold and she can't pretend it isn't and just because they are ignoring each other right now. She can't find an excuse to ignore the fact that the warmer in their living room is not working right. And obviously she can't bear to have Tiffany catch a cold just because of their argument.
As though she was given a task to leap off from the tallest building in the world, Taeyeon took a deep breath and unlock the door as quietly as she could. She try her best to make the most minimal sound that a door could produce, once the gap is wide enough for her to slide out from her room, she takes a peek down the hallway. The living room was only lit up by the blinking lights which Taeyeon guessed is from the television screen. She could see a pair of feet placed on the couch armrest. She prays that Tiffany is asleep so that situation would be much easier for her.
Tiffany had a hand underneath her chin with her body leaning sideways on the couch, facing the television. Behind the specs, her eyes were shut. Taeyeon tip toed her way to the couch as carefully as she could without any noise. Once she got to the couch, she kneels right next to Tiffany's face. Very slowly, Taeyeon reaches out to take the specs off Tiffany and place it on the coffee table then she stood up and carefully places the pink comforter over Tiffany. Not wanting to wake Tiffany up and who knows, another argument could be erupted if she did- Taeyeon went back into their room.
Hearing the door shut close, her eyelids slowly flutters open. She could only sighed at what is going on in between them. Tiffany pulled the comforter up to covering her upper lips, goodnight Taeyeon.

#

"Hello" greets the tanned latter as soon as she steps into the dorm after receiving a morning text from the one of the closest member in Girls Generation.
Tiffany turns her head around with a pout hoping the girl would get the hint that something had happened to her but instead of asking more questions, Yuri just replied with a big smile before entering into the kitchen.
"Yuri-ahhh" Tiffany calls out tiringly, resting her crossed arms on the back of the couch and her chin on top of her arms.
Yuri appeared again in her sight and Tiffany spread her arms wide open.
"Wae" she proceed to make her way to the couch and pull Tiffany into her arms, allowing the girl to rest half of her body into her chest as she sat at the corner of the couch, "Where's Tae?"
"In the room" she answers in a dull tone.
"Hmm, so it wasn't bagel that you were craving but it's actually something happened in between the both of you?" she asked knowingly. This morning when Yuri woke up, preparing to go for a jog at the neighborhood, she received a message from Tiffany asking for her help to get some bagels as her breakfast, stated that she was kind of craving it after not having it in months.
Tiffany nodded and hid her face into Yuri's embrace.
"Nevertheless, you could've actually told me the truth" said Yuri, "You know I'll come anyway" she patted Tiffany on the head lightly.
Tiffany looks up at Yuri and smiles a little, relief that she has someone to hear her out and probably give some comments about the situation and perhaps, also give an idea on what to do.
"Thank you" she said softly.
Yuri hugs Tiffany even tighter in her arms, "From the beginning..."
After telling Yuri the whole incident from her point of view, Yuri thought for a while as Tiffany waits for her opinion regarding to this issue.
"Well...for what I think, she's...kind of wrong to have let her crush listen to her new digital that hasn't release yet and also that she brought your ex up in the argument. That's pretty low BUT...that's what couples do, Pani"
"..."
"You know, whenever a couple argues and they would feel like they were placed in an insecure situation. 90% of them will find their other half biggest mistake that happens to be their biggest fear or weakness topic and threw it into the argument. At least, for me that is..." Yuri added.
"Um"
"For example...when I argue with my ex, I would bring up about her crush on Taeyeon"
Tiffany's eyes widen.
"No matter how many times we have talked about it, we have come to a conclusion that Taeyeon is just one of her crush in her past and how she has convinced me that she no longer have feelings for her crush.. From time to time, I would, at times, still bring the topic up. You see Pani, this is life...things happened and it will not be forgotten, never will..."
"But..why the need...?"
"Is like a sense of own security? I have no logic answer for it. For me, I love it that whenever she rest assure me that her feelings for me were stronger compared to her crushes or exes...it gives me a sense of security..like I won at the end of the fight and that she's mine"
"I'm getting tired of it" said Tiffany.
"..."
Yuri look down at the hallway, when she looks at Tiffany, the girl is looking at her palms on her thighs.
"Like last night, I heard the door...I knew it was her. But...I just don't feel like talking to her at that time, I pretended to be asleep...given last time in the past, I would've want to talk it out with her and have it all solved."
"I..."
"Do you understand me?"
Yuri eyes shifted, she shook her head. Tiffany frowned but before she could continue more from it, she hears footsteps coming into the living room from the hallway. Taeyeon is no longer in her pajamas but in her red plaid shirt and white shredded skinny jeans. Walking passed them with her handbag hanging on her left hand and car keys in her right.
"Morning, Taengoo" Yuri greets in a rather over reacted loud happy tone which made her feel like giving herself a punch for that awkward acting.
Taeyeon nodded and head to the shoes cupboard.
"I've bought bagels for breakfast, they were in the kit-"
Taeyeon took her black Birkenstock pair of shoes out from the cupboard and exited.
"..chen" by the time the main door shut closed, Yuri finished her sentences.
"See what I mean?" Tiffany points to the door, "I just! Can't anymore!"
Tiffany slams both her palms on the couch as she gets up and walks off.
"Hey. Where are you going?" Yuri watched as Tiffany walks out from the living room.
"Bagels" she answers.
Yuri felt vibration coming from her pocket, she take her phone out and reads the new message which she just got from the leader herself.
[Sorry, don't mean to be rude to you just now. Heading out :) she really needs someone now at the moment, thank you][Tae > Yul]
Yuri had an apologetic smile displayed across her face as she reads the message again for the second time. She felt sorry for this two couple, they were both the most lovey dovey couple she had ever known in her life and to see them falling apart this way because of a small argument, it make her heart aches.
[No worriesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋwhere are you going? It's still very earlier...Please don't act this way, you know you both just wanted to settle this and kiss each other again :P][Yul > Tae]
"Yuri, do you need a fork the bagel?" asked Tiffany with a big tray in her hands. Yuri quickly places her phone on the couch and got up to help Tiffany with the tray.
"No need for that" said Yuri with a wink as she sets the tray in between them on the couch.
[I'm fine. Look after her, thank you][Tae > Yul]
"Am I in your way?" Tiffany asked sincerely, hoping she didn't bother the girl for calling her last minute. As she watch how Yuri is busy with her cell phone.
"Oh nope, wait" said Yuri as her fingers type quickly on the screen keyboard.
[Calling Choi Syoung for help. Calling Choi Syoung for help.][Yul > Soo]
Yuri exit the private chat in between her and Sooyoung, she press on the chatbox in between her and Taeyeon as she hands the phone over to Tiffany.
"Hmm?" Tiffany places the bagel she just took a bite, down. She wipes her fingers on the napkin on the tray before taking Yuri's phone.
"Have a look" said Yuri as Tiffany took the phone of from her hand, she takes a bite of the bagel.
She watches as Tiffany's expression changes as her thumb slides across the screen upwards. Her jaw tense up, she return the phone to its rightful owner.
"So?" she said coolly.
"So?" Yuri repeated what Tiffany just said.
"Uh-huh"
"Yah! Rub that self-esteem off" Yuri roll her eyes, "She genuinely cares about you and you genuinely liked it. Don't take that for granted"
"I'm not" Tiffany sighed, "But you've seen her, she's the one who is holding the grudge and left without sparing a look in my way, Yuri!"
"She heard everything about your pretended sleep when you heard her coming out from the room last night"
"..."
"So.." Yuri takes another bite before looking at Tiffany again, who now looks confused on what to do about the situation, she pressed the bagel against Tiffany's mouth, startling the confused girl.
"Take a bite before you think of what to do" said Yuri.
With no obligation, Tiffany took a bite of the bagel as she falls back deep into her thoughts.
"Yuri, I'm tired of this tug and pull war we are having"
"Then put it to an end, end the misery that you both are going through right now"
"How??"
"Break up" Yuri smile sheepishly.
"YAH!!" Tiffany lifts her butt off the couch for a bit just so she could lean over a bit to slap Yuri on the shoulder.
[What is it, Kwon][Soo > Yul]
"Wait wait, let me reply Ms. Soo first" said Yuri, giggling as she dodge the incoming attacks from Tiffany. The girl frowned and continues eating her half eaten bagel.
[TaeNy war][Yul > Soo]
[?? What can I do?][Soo > Yul]
[... =_= aren't you the president of the locksmith club?][Yul > Soo]
[ x_x that's just a title given by their fans][Soo > Yul]
[Perhaps you can try talking to Tae? I'm in the dorm now w Fany, but Tae left earlier this morning...she wouldn't tell where she's heading to..we could use a little help][Yul > Soo]
[ :O !!! I don't even know what happened, how can I help?!][Soo > Yul]
[Just come by the dorm and you will know the story about it][Yul > Soo]
[Kwon Yul, it's barely 10am...my bed is still very warm and nice and comfy][Soo > Yul]
[I've bought bagels and muffins...][Yul > Soo]
[Give me half an hour][Soo > Yul]
And in within half an hour, Sooyoung arrived in the dorm, helping herself with the breakfast first before she sat in the living room and have Tiffany telling her the whole incident again.
"Is her crush pretty?"
Yuri throws a pillow at Sooyoung, she manage to dodge it.
"What! I'm really curious though...the cute lil TaeTae, giving cactus to her neighbor...kyaaaa" Sooyoung was smiling dreamily as she starts imagining.
"Why does she sound like Yoong talking about Taengoo" Yuri asked Tiffany sarcastically.
"Anyway. Honestly. After hearing this, I mean, even before hearing your side of the story..." she looks at Tiffany, "We shouldn't interfere their situation though, Yul..."
"Yah! After eating half of what I bought-"
Yuri tried to snatch that plate of bagels from Sooyoung, who also successfully dodges again.
"I mean honestly though...think about it, they are both grownups...what other can we do than hearing their problems, probably give them one or two pieces of advice and let them talk it out with one another thereafter? Is unlikely like what we had gone through in the past years where we can just pulled them both together and debate who's right and who's wrong...and who needs to apologize..." said Sooyoung.
"She's right.." Tiffany agreed after thinking a bit, letting the words replay in her mind.
"But right now, the problem is, none of them would even make any effort to let their ego off and talk to each other...they are playing that mentality game of whoever-who-speaks-to-the-other-first-loses you know...so" Yuri sighs loudly.
"Is not like I wouldn't talk to her, but you guys know Taeyeon...if I give in and try to talk to her just like that, it will make her feel proud and she could throw her tantrum even further"
Yuri nodded at Tiffany's statement.
"She's going to bring that you and him matter to her grave, that's fact number one and there's nothing that you can actually do about it...she won't forget about him" said Sooyoung.
"But you have to give the girl some credits, over the past few months, her insecurities has been better right...?" asked Sooyoung at Tiffany.
Tiffany nods her head.
"And lately, is rather rare that you both argue..." Sooyoung added.
Tiffany nodded again.
"Is not unusual that argument happens once in a while, it's because the flames is still there and sometimes, sparks happens, so that couples can understand each other even better after an argument"
Yuri nodded this time in agreement of what Sooyoung just said.
"But it seems like she doesn't understand or know the fact that I love her more than anything and anyone right now, at the moment in my life"
"For her, you're like her dream girlfriend that she unexpectedly gotten...so every single bit of guys that comes in your way, is like a challenge for her to fight them off and keep you remain as hers...um...can I add one more opinion if you don't mind?" Sooyoung looks at Tiffany straight in the eyes.
"Go ahead" Tiffany allows.
"For Taeyeon, all she sees is just you and she focus on that and disregard anything else in her life..in another word, well, if a super good looking dude comes into your life...he may get a little bit of your attention-"
"You're trying to say the problem is that I'm Bisexual?"
"Sort of?" said Sooyoung hesitantly.
"Taeyeon's a bi too"
"Yeah, but she obviously goes to the L road even further compare to you..."
"I will not betray Taeyeon for any guy" Tiffany said in her own defense.
"I'm not saying you're going to betray her, but there is the slight chance of a fact that you can't ignore that is you are still always available to be attracted to guys, right?"
Tiffany rubs her temples, "Just like all the fans said, I'm the badass in the relationship...the one who would betray Taeyeon once I meet a guy somewhere in the future yadaa yadaa"
Yuri looks at Sooyoung and Tiffany back and forth, remaining silent.
"Are you offended?"
"Duh"
"Then I'll just stop talking" stated Sooyoung firmly.
An awkward silence flows around them after that.
"I'm sorry" said Tiffany, finally after a while, "Is just that, I feel very offended and hurt whenever I see comments like that...like I'm just using Taeyeon to fill up my time now and then throws her aside when I find a man of my dreams...cos I'm not ok?"
"I trust you" said Sooyoung, "And so does Taeyeon..."
"Last week when I was in L.A." Tiffany looks at Sooyoung then Yuri before continuing, "I almost went to Las Vegas actually..."
"For?" Yuri looks at Tiffany in curiosity, since the girl doesn't like gambling.
"Gay chapel" Tiffany blushed.
Both Sooyoung and Yuri's eyes widens.
"You have got to be kidding me...." said Sooyoung in disbelief.
Tiffany shakes her head, "I almost went there if it wasn't for my cousin who stopped me..but she did help me to get some broachers from the gay chapel..."
"..."
"I wanted to make Taeyeon happy and her to be confident in our relationship, so-"
"ARE YOU CRAZY HWANG MI YOUNG!?" said Yuri in a loud disbelief voice, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!"
"This is the second time I hear the exact words..." Tiffany frowns, she looks at Sooyoung, hoping the girl would actually side her on this.
"Sorry, but this is a bit far too crazy, Fany-ah...this might actually resulted badly and cost all your fame to be wiped off if the fans ever finds out about it..." said Sooyoung, "You have gotta think twice before you act...does Tae know about this?"
"Not yet...haven't got a chance to discuss with her about this...look, it's pretty private, most of the gay celebrities went there to have a small wedding arrangement so they could have the marriage cert...they kept it so quiet that some until today, doesn't even reveal..."
"It's still crazy" said Yuri in disagreement tone.
"I know. I just want to prove to her, that I'll do anything for her"
"Including gambling the both of you, fames and life?" asked Yuri in disbelief.
"I didn't think that much though...now that you've said it-"
"Wait, what makes you want to do that?" ask Sooyoung curiously.
"Ever since she asked if I could cancel all my planning with my friends for clubbing...she was being very insecure" Tiffany answered, "I don't like seeing her so unconfident"

#

Taeyeon walk down the next aisle and picked a love shaped jar from the shelf. Walking down further, she grabs a piece of art block papers. The next stacks next to it, were the colorful ones. Hesitant. She still haven't got any clue on what she'll be doing with them, shrugging her shoulders, she remain the first pack of art block papers in her shopping basket and grab another packet of art block papers in colorful form, placing it into basket as well.
Taeyeon enjoyed her time in the quiet art shop in the morning, no one else to hog around her with a camera and she could spend her own private time, refilling her art room stuffs that she needed. Nothing gives her so much comfort other than coloring. She answers the incoming call.
Jiwoong: Daeee, Taengoo~
Taeyeon: Hey, I tried to call omma but she didn't answer. So could you help me tell her that I'll be dropping by for lunch later today? You'll be heading to the shop later right?
Jiwoong: Not sure. But yes I'll do so, is Tiffany coming?
Taeyeon swallows hard just by hearing her name being mentioned by her brother.
Taeyeon: No..she have some stuffs to do herself.
Jiwoong: Mm. Okay then.
Taeyeon: See you.
Jiwoong: Bye.
Taeyeon: Bye...
Taeyeon slips her phone back into her pocket and heads to the cashier to check out with her purchase. She places the shopping basket onto the counter and was greeted by the owner of the art shop who had already known her from the first time she steps into his shop. Taeyeon was glad that Mr. Yong not only give her great hospitality whenever she drops by to his shop to shop but he has never leak a word about Taeyeon getting her supplies for her art work from his place therefore, that explains the privacy that Taeyeon could get on shopping in his art shop.
"Just this today, Taeyeon-sshi?" he pulls a brown paper bag from underneath his counter.
"I would like a packet of 80gsm of A4 papers too, Mr. Yong" smiled Taeyeon as she pulls her purse out from the back pocket of her jeans. Mr. Yong disappeared and returned with what Taeyeon requested, keying the price of the A4 papers into the system and places it into the brown paper bag.
"Visiting your parents today?"
Taeyeon nodded, since the last short conversation she had with Mr. Yong, he understood that she would be free to drop by his art shop if she is free from schedule and she's on her way to visit her family.
Mr. Yong looks at Taeyeon who is staring blankly on his cashier countertop, being unusual herself today. Usually, she would be very bubbly, like a kid in a candy shop whenever she visits his shop.
"Chin up, Ms. Kim"
"Huh?" Taeyeon looks at Mr. Yong.
Mr. Yong smiles and keys in the last item price into the system, putting everything into the brown paper bag. He finally looks at Taeyeon when he's done.
"Cheer up, Ms. Kim...although life may not be easy now, in the end it's all worth it. Everything will get better in time. So don't let yourself feel unhappy for too long, okay?"
Taeyeon smile a little, nodded her head a bit.