Emma: Have you figured out a way to tell Tobin about her yet?

"Shit. Not my phone." I say quietly, putting Y/N's phone back on the night stand, next to mine. After a while, I hear my phone vibrate, so I grab it and check it to see a text from Emily.

Emily: Hey, Tobin.

Me: What's up?

Emily: My sister used to be really close with Y/N, she still kinda is.

Me: Okay?

Emily: Y/N has been talking to her about something Emma helped her through back in Georgia.

Emily: She's in my room right now, said if you wanted to know about Y/N's freak out earlier, you could come talk to her.

Me: I shouldn't. I should let Y/N tell me.

Emily: She just wants to give you a heads up about what to expect when Y/N does open up about her past. Open to that?

Me: Yeah, sure. I'll be at your door in a few. Gotta escape Y/N.

Emily: Emma says she latches on in her sleep.

Me: Oh yeah.

When I get out of Y/N's arms, she stirs and looks up at me, my shirt still clutched in her right hand.

"Tobs?"

"Go back to bed babe. I'll be back, Carli wanted to talk about something." I say and Y/N nods, turning over on her stomach and falling back asleep as I grab my key card and head to Sonnett's room, knocking on the door. When it opens, I'm let in and led to the bed, so I sit down and look between the two twins standing before me.

"Tobin, this is Emma, Emma, Tobin." Emily says and I hold my hand out to Emma, who takes it, shaking it.

"I've heard a lot of good things about you from Y/N."

"Good?"

"You treat her right and you make her happy. She feels safe with you. That's all I care about." Emma says and I smile a little. "But as far as I know, you're the first person to make her feel this way. Don't fuck it up, Heath, or I'll fuck you up. I've been there for that woman through some deep shit and she's finally found some happiness. It's with you. If she ever comes to me saying that you hurt her, I swear to god-"

"Em, chill. Tell Tobin." Emily says and Emma sighs.

"Sorry. But when Y/N opens up to you, you just need to hold her tight and hold her close. Last time she opened up to someone about her past, she did the same to Y/N. She may trust you with her life, but that won't stop her from thinking that you'll be like every other relationship she's had before you. And yes, Danielle was the same as everyone else. Just listen to her, and when she's done speaking, make sure she knows you love her and that you'll never do what they did. Okay?" Emma says and I nod. "Now get back to Y/N." Emma says and I nod.

-

In December, as Y/N and I are laying in bed, cuddled up as a snowstorm that's been going for an entire day rages outside, I rub Y/N's bicep as she presses her forehead to my jaw, gripping my shirt as she tries to snuggle closer than we already are.

"Baby, are you cold?" I ask and Y/N shakes her head.

"I want to tell you." She says, sitting up and looking over at me.

"Tell me what?" I ask, sitting up with her.

"About my little episode back in October, before our Columbia friendly." Y/N says and I kiss her shoulder, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her closer.

"Okay." I say, watching as Y/N shifts to turn fully to me.

-
Y/N
-

I sigh as I play with my fingers, trying to convince myself that I can do this. I can tell my girlfriend about my past.

"Okay, so, where do you want me to start? With the most recent? Or from the beginning?"

"Wherever you want to start." Tobin says and I nod.

"Okay, so I'll start from high school." I say, sighing. "It was really the last day of eighth grade, I was still in the closet, and had no idea how my family would react to me being gay, so I tried to hide it, there was this guy who had been trying to take me on a date since the first day of eighth grade, he had just moved from New Jersey or New York or something. He was from across the country. Anyway, I finally said yes to him to shut him up. We went out all through my freshman preseason, so the entire summer. He knew I had dance, soccer and music to deal with, but he didn't care, if I wasn't with him, he accused me of cheating, of all kinds of things. So, finally, before the first game of my freshman season, I dumped him. After the game, as I was leaving the locker room, he grabbed me and shoved me into his car. He drove at 14, I don't know why, but he did. He shoved me in his car, drove to the beach and tried to rape me." I say, jumping a little when I feel a hand on my face, but relax when I remember why I was saying all of this. I was talking to my girlfriend. "Nothing happened thankfully, I took a cleat out of my bag and bitch slapped him with it, broke the passenger window and hauled ass away from that beach. When I got home, my entire family had gathered in the living room, my folks, Lydia, my uncle, his wife. Hell, Karen and half of the soccer team were there. They saw my bleeding elbow and I was rushed to the hospital. Skip to the middle of my sophomore year, there was this girl on the school's softball team, it was so obvious that she was gay, everyone said she was into me, so, I gave her a chance, I had already come out to everyone the night of the first incident. We started dating, and she pressured me into letting her into my pants after three weeks of dating. After that, she'd only talk to me if it was about meeting up to have sex, and if I even tried to utter the sentence 'I cant, I have soccer' she'd hit me and ask again, so I'd say yes, I didn't know how to get out of the relationship with her until Karen caught her with me pinned against a wall, a hand around my throat, she ran her off for me and was there for me on days when I would have panic or anxiety attacks during practice or before games. A couple months after that, I was chased and beaten by a group of girls from LA. Ironically they were from Diamond Bar High, they were wearing Diamond Bar High School Soccer shirts on."

"Alex?"

"No, no. I didn't see her until a couple of months later, when MHS would play Diamond Bar, first time I saw her, she smiled at me, came over to me and shook my hand, apologizing for what her teammates did to me." I say before shaking my head. "I'm off topic." I say before focusing back on the story. "I didn't date until my freshman year of college. She was just as abusive and controlling as the other two. I had Emma back then, I could run to her dorm if I needed to hide from my girlfriend, and after I broke up with her, she beat me, then never spoke to me again. I actually went to Alex's debut game with a black eye and busted lip. But Emma covered it for me before letting me go. Junior year I dated this basketball player, she was sweet to me at first, but then we got together and it was the same thing all over again. So after her, I didn't bother with dating until I got with Danielle. She was all about the sex, she'd always expect it when we saw each other."

"You seemed happy with her."

"Looks are deceiving." I say and lay my head on Tobin's shoulder when she scoots closer to me, wrapping me in her arms, kissing my head. The night she cheated on me, she did actually cheat on me, and she acted like it was my fault for not sleeping with her the whole time Portland was in Orlando." I say and sigh. "I had the biggest crush on you when I was first called up to the national team, and then we actually met, and that went away. But when you were there for me after the shit with Danielle, it showed me that it was just a misunderstanding. I felt so safe with you, like I was at home." I say, pushing Tobin down so I can hide in her neck, cuddling up to her again. "I don't think anything can change that. Or anyone."