Chapter Forty -Silence-

Start from the beginning

I jogged to reach his intimidating presence. He stood with his arms crossed, a soft glare adorning his features. Once I arrived beside him, he loudly clicked his tongue.

"What an airhead."

I remained silent as a heavily armoured guard passed the two of us, saluting and hastily heading in the other direction. Prince Levi sighed but continued on with his journey to the front of the palace. I knew we were only seconds away from meeting Eren.

I swiftly followed the Prince as my nerves began to spike, forcing me to forget my original embarrassment of falling so far behind Prince Levi. We reached the palace gates right on time as a golden carriage pulled up outside.

Prince Eren stepped out, a maroon cape decorating his shoulders as he met my timid stare. Eren clicked his fingers as little blond Armin lowered himself from the shiny carriage- a red blush covering his face.

Just from the look on Armin's face - I knew something was horribly wrong. Eren seemed calm and content - almost smug. I knew either Eren or Armin held serious dirt on me.

"A pleasant afternoon, Prince Levi, (Y/N)."

The Prince rolled his eyes, inviting the two inside his palace with a loud sigh. Armin refused to look at me, his eyes remained averted to the luxurious greenery. I smiled in attempts of easing the tension - but Armin ignored me.

"Armin, get straight to the point. Inform (Y/N) without Prince Levi listening in."

Armin's small shoulders slumped forward as he parted his lips, preparing himself for some sort of speech. I furrowed my brows. Just what on earth could Armin have to say?

"I saw you... sexually engage with the Prince. I didn't know what to do... and this information happened to slip my tongue. Prince Eren knows of this."

I tensed up, my lies of meaning nothing to Eren cannot be used as an escape tactic ever again. Eren knows of our involvement. Armin spoke in Chi to prevent alarming Prince Levi - who watched the conversation with a deep glare.

"I see... does Eren wish to form another contract with me?"

Armin shakily cleared his throat, hugging his arms close to his chest as he informed me of my options.

"He'll allow you to flee the kingdom - without informing the Prince. You'll need to break his so called 'heart' or he'll sentence you to hang in the town square."

Armin's words troubled me further as he blocked off any possible escapes. I also noticed he was so engaged in the conversation he no longer stuttered like usual.

"Should the Prince decide to save your life through marriage - Eren will kill anyone associated with your name. He spoke of a few: Connie, Sasha, Reiner. All will be hung alongside you in the town square."

My eyes widened as I visibly stiffened, taking ahold of Armin's shoulders and attempting to plead with him.

"You can't do that... please... why did you tell Eren about what you saw?!"

My outburst gained the full attention of Prince Levi, who stepped closer towards me in attempts of discovering my sudden cry of distress.