Chapter 19

I'm back!!!!!!

I woke up to a stampede coming in my room. They were singing. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to abby. Happy birthday to you!!!"
"Hey umm can you leave so I can sleep" I mumbled. Lin started. "No time for cake and coffee and ITS YOUR OPENING. AND BROADWAY DEBUT"
"Fine". Lin threw me black leggings a Hamilton shirt and my Better Nate than Ever sweatshirt I got dressed and took Ren down to the green room. "What did you want?" I asked as I sat down in the couch  I was handed a cup of coffee and Oak started french braiding my hair. "Well" Lin started. "It's both your Broadway debut and it's your 11th birthday. So we are going to do some fun things". He handed me some cake and I ate it and Oak finished my braids. Lin put a box in front of me. "What is this?" I asked. "Your first birthday present" I opened the box and I pulled out  harness that said 'working animal- anxiety'. "You got Ren certified?" I said tears forming in my eyes. "Yeah baby" Oak said hugging me.  I put Ren in his brand new red harness and he loved it.

"Thank you guys so much!" I said. "Go put on your shoes" Lin said. I shoved on my red converse and the whole cast and I walked to my theatre. For the first time I had a verified animal to help me with my anxiety and ADHD. I walked into my dressing room and heather was not there yet. The walls were painted blue and there was a fountain on my makeup desk. There was also a trident painted on the wall. "Thank you guys!!!" I screamed.

I got ready for rehearsal and walked downstairs to the wings in my starting outfit. I also had Ren closely following behind me and Heather closely next to him. I walked on stage and met Tim there. He handed me a book. The title: The Great American Whatever. This was his newest book. He also handed me a note that was not in his hand writing. 'Come to your dressing room'. It was signed OG I knew who exactly who it was. I ran up the stairs and Ren followed in step.  I ran into my room and tackled who was in there.

It was Hugh Panero.

I remember the day like it was yesterday.  I was seven. My foster parents took me to go see The Phantom of the Opera. I was at the stage door and sierra Bogges came out. She lifted me over the barrier. And took me backstage. She took me into Hugh's dressing room and I sat in awe. "Hi I am Abby" I said. "Hugh" he said sweetly. "Did you like the show?" He asked. "I loved it" I replied. "Well I play the phantom very differently do you want to know why"
"Please"
"Well when I was about your age I was bullied   I play the phantom like he was bullied because of his looks like I was. Do you know what I mean?" I knew exactly what he ment. At this age I was bullied because I too liked theater. "Well a little birdie told me you like musicals. And you know what. This community will always be here for you"
"Thank you"
I left through the stage door in able to find my foster parents. Hugh came out and helped me find them. I was so thankful.

"HUGH!" I cried. "Thank you so much. I took your advice. I stayed in theatre. I am being fostered by a really great family now"

"I'm glad honey"

We were both crying and hugging still. I was so happy to see him again. I missed him. We pulled apart. "Hey Abby can I have your phone number? I want to keep in touch"
"Please" I said. I gave him my number and we walked back downstairs hand and hand.