"Come on, we'll eat and get you some ice on the way home so I can throw your ass into an ice bath."

"Come on, Sharky. Carli's in Houston."

"Actually, she's in Orlando for some reason."

"How convenient."

"Now shut up or I'll call her and have her force you into an ice bath and I'll go eat by myself." Ash says and I groan as I get up and walk out the house with her, getting into the Jeep and listening to the music she plays as we drive.

-
Ashlyn
-

I sigh as the team lands in Portland, and look to my right, across the aisle to Y/N, to see her with her Beats over her ears, her 'game day' glare set onto her face, we of course wait for everyone to get off before the team stands up and I get off in front of Y/N, and wave to the fans that were waiting for us, Y/N waves a little, but keeps her head down mostly. She's probably pissed because Tom is forcing her to stay at the hotel with us at the team hotel. I know I would be upset about not spending time with Ali if we were still on different teams and we were facing each other in the championships two days later.

When we get to the hotel, Y/N and I are roomed together, and I watch as she tosses her bags onto the bed she claimed before pulling out her training kit, disappearing into the bathroom and coming back out, holding up a peace sign to me before disappearing out of the room. I shrug and get ready for the team dinner Tom scheduled with us on the bus from the airport, and meet everyone at the bus. At the restaurant, Tom looks around at the team before looking at me.

"Where's Y/N?"

"Probably in the hotel gym still."

"Did she not hear me talking about this?"

"Nope, she's been listening to her music since we boarded the plane in Orlando." I say and Tom sighs.

After dinner, I walk into the room to see Y/N curled up in bed with a book in her lap, no headphones though, so I smile at her when she looks up at me when she hears me.

"Hey." I say and she gives me a small smile.

"Hey."

"You calm now?" I ask and she shrugs, so I pull out the to go order I got for her.

"What's that?"

"Your dinner. We went to your favorite restaurant while you were angercising." I say, handing her the food before dropping myself to lay on my bed.

"Angercising?" Y/N asks and I nod.

"Yeah."

"You're definitely my best friend." Y/N says and I nod.

"I know." I say and she laughs a little before opening the tray.

"No way." Y/N says and I chuckle, looking over. "Ashlyn Harris, marry me, fucking marry me, I don't care if Ali will fight me. You got my order right." Y/N says and I look at her as she stuffs her face.

"I know you're kidding, but okay. Let's do it, let's get fake married." I say and laugh when Y/N does.

In the morning, I wake up to a pounding on the door, and groan as I look over at Y/N to see her still dead asleep, so I get up and answer it, staring at Alex.

"What." I say and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Don't sass me. Get Y/N up and get ready for practice." Alex says before walking off, so I close the door and walk back into the room and shake Y/N's foot.

"Ugh, leave me alone. Two more centuries." Y/N mumbles and I chuckle.

"Come on, Fishy. We've got practice in a bit, then we can come back and sleep some more." I say and chuckle as Y/N gets up, so I go and get dressed before I comb my hair, putting it up as Y/N finishes getting dressed, combing her hair too before frowning in the mirror. "Go sit down, I'll get it." I say and Y/N plops down in the desk chair she was conveniently next to and I put her hair up for her before patting her shoulders. "You're good to go." I say and she gets up, grabbing both of our kit bags before tossing me mine as we leave the room, joining the Pride migration down to the bus so we can get on and head to the field we used for our final practice before our win against Seattle. When we get there, we all sit down on the grass and put our cleats and shin pads on, getting up and warming up as soon as that's done, and once Aubrey and I are ready, we go to goal and warm up.