Chapter 05: You Work For Me Now

Start from the beginning

A vein popped on Levi’s forehead from watching them. He got up from his place, “I said go! He has a lot of work to do for me.”

He was lucky that she actually had quite a lot of things to be done today. She shot him a smirk. Pulling back from Eren, she sighed and scratched the back of her head as she started walking out. “Yeah, yeah Levi… But I’ll be back later to have fun with Eren okay?” her face masked into something that was pretty creepy and waltzed back out from Levi’s office. The door closed behind her, but her laughter rang around the whole office.

“You seem happy, Hanji.”

The blonde CEO of the company with that ever-calm smile on his ever-calm face showed an amused expression at her enthusiasm. He was actually going to go to Levi’s office for some important discussion when he caught sight of her.

“Of course, Erwin! You should have seen the way Levi acts around Eren!” she whispered excitedly to him with a smirk and a thumbs-up.

“It’s just so obvious for us to see but what’s fun is that he doesn’t realize it!”

“That’s interesting.” Erwin turned his amused look toward Levi’s closed office. “I’d like to give it a look myself, really.”

Hanji’s eyes glinted, “Go ahead!” she started laughing again and headed off to her own office. “I have to go, though! Tata~”

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Come in already, Erwin. What’s the point for you to stand out there?” Erwin chuckled at the predictability of Levi’s answer before he even entered the office.

He was surprised, however, when he did enter. The first thing he saw was Eren bent over Levi’s desk while Levi stood behind the teen. He watched for a moment and shifted his eyes to Levi, an amused question showing behind those pale orbs of his.

Levi frowned irritably, followed by a scoff.

“The boy already made his first slip up on the first few hours of working here. He spilled coffee on my table and a little onto my chair.”

“S-Sorry, Levi!” Eren apologized, bending over again to wipe the stains away.

“Tch. What business do you have here, Erwin? More assignments for me?” Levi asked.

“Well this…unique situation aside, I do have some jobs for you, but I remembered you called me last night regarding a matter you wish to settle?” Erwin asked, a little extra formally.

Levi understood and looked at Eren, “Eren, leave us for a moment.”

“Y-Yes sir!” he rushed out quickly, as ordered.

Erwin’s smile morphed into a smirk after he heard the door to Levi’s office click shut.

“I can see you are certainly softer toward that boy…” he chuckled softly but decided to change the topic when he saw Levi’s face: “About what you asked me to do yesterday….”

~*~

Eren could hear very distant talking in Levi’s office. He frowned. His life was pretty much a tornado right now; all rushed and mixed up altogether. And now he was wondering what sort of top secret ‘matter’ Levi had wanted to discuss with Erwin. Well, it’s not like he was nosy and just wanted to know. He understood that some matters didn’t concern him- or any of the other workers in fact. Those matters involved with the bosses only. But he still found himself wondering; there was a weird questioning in his heart.